Author Topic: albums mixed by dr. dre  (Read 1486 times)

bigpimpin20

albums mixed by dr. dre
« on: September 09, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »
just discovered that whole jay-zs - kingdome come was mixed by him
i know that he was behind dogg food and half of snoops last meal too but i think he had more to do with that one since commercial  for that album sugested that he mixed whole thing

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4M-F5grLA5s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4M-F5grLA5s</a>

what else?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:22:53 PM by bigpimpin20 »

me1

Re: albums mixed by dr. dre
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
yeah i think legend has it that dre sent jay a beat cd with who knows how many tracks on it, from which he took the three or four dre produced joints on the album. then from there he ended up mixing the whole joint

heisenberg

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 09:02:57 AM »
kokane first album "Addictive Hip Hop Muzick" and of course  a lot of  ruthless/death row/aftermath albums.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 09:12:28 AM »
I never knew he mixed Kingdom Come front to back and that's kinda disappointing to hear since that was a pretty lackluster album outside of a few tracks

he mixed 2 of Xzibit's albums too, no?

bigpimpin20

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »
i think he had more input in man vs machine there was some other dude behind mixing of restless dre was just executive producer
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:12:48 AM by bigpimpin20 »

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »
just discovered that whole jay-zs - kingdome come was mixed by him
i know that he was behind dogg food and half of snoops last meal too but i think he had more to do with that one since commercial  for that album sugested that he mixed whole thing

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4M-F5grLA5s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4M-F5grLA5s</a>

what else?

Dre mixing is almost like dre producing .. The way he structures beats completely changes pretty much the entire sound.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
I never knew he mixed Kingdom Come front to back and that's kinda disappointing to hear since that was a pretty lackluster album outside of a few tracks

I thought that was good for a Jay-Z album, in his top 5

bigpimpin20

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 01:08:31 PM »

i think people who thinks mixing aint all that needs to listen to all eyez on me demo before quik mixed it and then listen to retail , difference is like day to nigh, thats why for example on doggystyle dre was the producer and daz and warren g was just beat makers. dre turned their beats into real songs
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:10:31 PM by bigpimpin20 »

bigpimpin20

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
busta rhymes big bang was mainly mixed by dre too

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 03:08:57 PM »

lol it's an OK album years later but hell to the noooo for top 5 Jay albums

Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, In My Lifetime Vol. 1-3, and even American Gangster take a massive shit on Kingdom Come

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »
I like it over American gangster and vol 3, right there wit vol 2 .. Listen again, iirc album knocks front to back

jman91331

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 01:33:06 AM »
Dre also mixed damn near all of Truth Hurts Truthfully Speaking and a good chunk of 50's Massacre and Game's Documentary. People didn't really like Jay's Kingdom Come but if you have a decent system and a good set of ears, you can't deny the mixing on that album. 

bigpimpin20

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 05:50:36 AM »
Dre also mixed damn near all of Truth Hurts Truthfully Speaking and a good chunk of 50's Massacre and Game's Documentary. People didn't really like Jay's Kingdom Come but if you have a decent system and a good set of ears, you can't deny the mixing on that album. 
yeah this album ain nothin grioundbreaking but when you put it on good headphones you can hear the difference, it sounds very ''clear''

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 07:33:33 AM »

for Dre's standards the mixing wasn't even that spectacular, it says a lot if some heads didn't even know Dre mixed it... Jay's flow was also a mess on that album except for a few joints, definitely in the lower bracket of his catalog

the mixing basically reminded me of Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang which was also kinda ehh 

heisenberg

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 08:15:25 AM »

for Dre's standards the mixing wasn't even that spectacular, it says a lot if some heads didn't even know Dre mixed it... Jay's flow was also a mess on that album except for a few joints, definitely in the lower bracket of his catalog

the mixing basically reminded me of Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang which was also kinda ehh 

i don't agree.