Author Topic: albums mixed by dr. dre  (Read 1484 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: albums mixed by dr. dre
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 06:53:10 AM »
Have you actually listened to any of Jay's albums?

I listen to the grimy niccaz my nicca the niccaz living outside the margins of society the misfits the outcastes, that's what hiphop is all about is niccaz outside the norm who represent their own unique style and create their own world.

Jay-z does photo shoots for rocafellla named after a giant mainstream corporation photo shoots with white models and champagne to send a message that he's high class and mainstream and basically everything that hiphop was against at its foundation.

Have I listened to any Jay Z albums, yes... Because I still live in the year 96' so I have listened to every album from 96' just to remember that year but not cause I like Jay I mean that's supposed to be his greatest album yet there is no banger on the whole album just a collection of underwhelming tracks that all sound the same.

Then I fell off after Pac died and I was a fucking idiot for about 3 years cause I was used to Death Row being on top and my fav artists being on top so I was used to buying the top albums so when Jay and Ja Rule and DMX and even Master P had number one albums from 97-98 I couldn't help but check them out but they faded fast by the second listen thru you'd realize youd been ripped of of your 20 dollars we paid in those days.... Then I finally got smart again with hiphop when dre came back and saves the day releasing the white savior Eminem on the world in spring of 99 and I've never listened to wack shit since...

But still I've had homiez who've played the black album or Jay's album from when he dissed Nas takeover or whatever when I was in their ride so I had to bear witness to that trash but never on my own time ya digg..
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

me1

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »
I get how Jay might not be everyone's cup of tea today, but come on....

go back and listen to the Big L / Jay-Z freestyle from Stretch and Bobbito back in the day....

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »
I like it over American gangster and vol 3, right there wit vol 2 .. Listen again, iirc album knocks front to back

Agree with this. Kingdom Come got a lot of hate (hell even Jay shitted on it) but other than the Beyoncé song and the Usher song, I don't remember disliking much about that album
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blood$

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 05:39:23 PM »
I like it over American gangster and vol 3, right there wit vol 2 .. Listen again, iirc album knocks front to back

Agree with this. Kingdom Come got a lot of hate (hell even Jay shitted on it) but other than the Beyoncé song and the Usher song, I don't remember disliking much about that album

"Show Me What U Got" sucked too lol "Oh My God" had potential to be a classic Jay track but the hook was awful, other tracks had similar faults that just made it not great all together

obviously there is a few gems like "Lost Ones", "30 Something", "Beach Chair", etc.

Blood$

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 05:41:58 PM »
Jay-z is just average, the rest is all hype, great marketing, and some sort of social proof conspiracy--dre should not have wasted his time (if he did actually mix it which I doubt) mixing inferior artists.  

Dre has definitely mixed and produced for a gang of far inferior artists than Jay but if I drop the names of who they are I'll hurt some feelings and be labeled a hater

Jay-Z sure might not be some super lyrical dude behind the mic but he's said some pretty God level bars that go over the average listeners' heads especially taking into account he doesn't write his shit (unless he's ghostwriting for someone else) and it's off top

Yeah I guess he's so far over people's heads he can't break into the mainstream.  He must have the same problem Canibus and Ras Kass had ;D ;D.   I mean those rhymes about his Rolex watch are just amazingly intricate.

http://genius.com/Jay-z-dynasty-intro-lyrics - one of many examples that prove you wrong

sounds exactly like a bunch of rhymes about Rolex watches  ::)

Okka

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 08:28:16 PM »
Have you actually listened to any of Jay's albums?

I listen to the grimy niccaz my nicca the niccaz living outside the margins of society the misfits the outcastes, that's what hiphop is all about is niccaz outside the norm who represent their own unique style and create their own world.

Jay-z does photo shoots for rocafellla named after a giant mainstream corporation photo shoots with white models and champagne to send a message that he's high class and mainstream and basically everything that hiphop was against at its foundation.

Have I listened to any Jay Z albums, yes... Because I still live in the year 96' so I have listened to every album from 96' just to remember that year but not cause I like Jay I mean that's supposed to be his greatest album yet there is no banger on the whole album just a collection of underwhelming tracks that all sound the same.

Then I fell off after Pac died and I was a fucking idiot for about 3 years cause I was used to Death Row being on top and my fav artists being on top so I was used to buying the top albums so when Jay and Ja Rule and DMX and even Master P had number one albums from 97-98 I couldn't help but check them out but they faded fast by the second listen thru you'd realize youd been ripped of of your 20 dollars we paid in those days.... Then I finally got smart again with hiphop when dre came back and saves the day releasing the white savior Eminem on the world in spring of 99 and I've never listened to wack shit since...

But still I've had homiez who've played the black album or Jay's album from when he dissed Nas takeover or whatever when I was in their ride so I had to bear witness to that trash but never on my own time ya digg..

Don't you even like the original "Dead Presidents"?