Author Topic: Is there a solo version of "Doin Too Much" by Tray Deee ?  (Read 614 times)

WestSideDon

Is there a solo version of "Doin Too Much" by Tray Deee ?
« on: September 11, 2016, 10:05:27 AM »
Listened to "Top Dogg" recently and y'all know snoop had bad azz & tray deee writing for him on 2 songs and especially "doin too much" is obviously tray deees writing so does anyone know if theres a og version of the song ?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Is there a solo version of "Doin Too Much" by Tray Deee ?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:28:23 AM »
tray deee wrote the record. that's dope he always made snoop sound official. deee also wrote on that record on da game is to be sold that soopafly produced.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

WestSideDon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 12:11:49 PM »
tray deee wrote the record. that's dope he always made snoop sound official. deee also wrote on that record on da game is to be sold that soopafly produced.

just checked the lyrics he shouts out tray deee for writin the hook, never really realized that lol

Okka

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 07:45:09 AM »
I think Snoop and Tray Deee wrote the song together. Snoop's goin at Joe Cool in the song.

WestSideDon

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 08:57:28 AM »
I think Snoop and Tray Deee wrote the song together. Snoop's goin at Joe Cool in the song.

Yeah I think he was a crack addict at the time and there was some tension between him & snoop

Okka

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 06:05:51 AM »
Yeah. Joe Cool was smokin' crack back in the days. The song was remade for "No Limit Top Dogg" though. The original version can be heard on the first or the second "Smokefest" tour DVD.

jman91331

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 10:10:10 AM »
Yeah. Joe Cool was smokin' crack back in the days. The song was remade for "No Limit Top Dogg" though. The original version can be heard on the first or the second "Smokefest" tour DVD.
Yeah 2 out of those 3 Quik produced songs were remakes of old songs. Wish he would've had him write to those beats on the spot instead.

WestSideDon

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 12:48:16 PM »
Yeah 2 out of those 3 Quik produced songs were remakes of old songs. Wish he would've had him write to those beats on the spot instead.

I wouldve just scrapped "bussn rocks" from the album, always preferred the original which was a "doggfather" leftover, no need for the new version.
And I think those 2 songs were enough of outside writing, doin too much sounds almost too much like a tray deee song for me and that "just dippin" verse shouldve also been done by snoop himself, I read somewhere in an interview that he had bad azz do the verse for him to get the song out in time because he wasn't in the studio/busy or something like that.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:53:38 PM by WestSideDon »

Okka

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 10:01:05 PM »

I wouldve just scrapped "bussn rocks" from the album, always preferred the original which was a "doggfather" leftover, no need for the new version.
And I think those 2 songs were enough of outside writing, doin too much sounds almost too much like a tray deee song for me and that "just dippin" verse shouldve also been done by snoop himself, I read somewhere in an interview that he had bad azz do the verse for him to get the song out in time because he wasn't in the studio/busy or something like that.

If i remember right, "Bussn Rocks" was actually supposed to be on the LBC Crew album. Bad Azz talked about writin'  for Snoop on his DubCNN interview.

WestSideDon

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »

If i remember right, "Bussn Rocks" was actually supposed to be on the LBC Crew album. Bad Azz talked about writin'  for Snoop on his DubCNN interview.

Yeah but it was also appearing on those doggfather tracklists I think. And I know Bad Azz wrote Just Dippin verse for snoop