Author Topic: while i was away, here's what i learned...  (Read 112 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

while i was away, here's what i learned...
« on: April 23, 2003, 05:02:44 AM »
The only two countries listed in euros in newspapers and not dollars for oil prices have been invaded by the US (venezuala and iraq)

The front page of the Sunday Independant, a very conservative paper, ran with the story of Peter Sutherland (former irish attorney general) and Donald Rumsfeld, both actively took part in the sale of nuclear reactors to north korea, now being used to make nuclear warheads. Information was given on a transatlantic "forum" where the worlds most powerful politicians and businessmen meet to discuss political manuevers. Rumsfeld, Sutherland, Kissinger etc etc are members of this.

The museum in bagdad was looted and wonderful treasures were destroyed while the museum was not defended by troops. Strangely, the only ministry guarded was the ministry of oil, were workers were not allowed to retutn to. Odd.

Anti-american and anti-occupation protests have begun in iraq, with calls for an islamic state to be set up immediatly. Shia-muslims have been among those protesting, angered by the lack of law and order, and the destruction that took place, while in other regions people were still jubulant after the demise of the saddam regime.

Hans Blix has come out saying the US slandered his name prior to the invasion in an attempt to manipulate people to favour a war. Many believe he is about to blow the lid on the whole thing, and a documentary on that very issue, Ways of War, will hit the screens this weekend.

When i came back, i saw virtually no posts on iraq. I find it strange that people abandon the issue one they think the controversy is over with. It is still high in conversation over here...what are your feelings on the above events?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

TheSheriff

Re:while i was away, here's what i learned...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 01:49:15 PM »
The only justification to me-and even then, I don't agree with the war-of this Iraq farce is that we have freed the people. Now they can hold rallies without fearing Saddam's cronies murdering them and their families.

It makes me proud.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:while i was away, here's what i learned...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 01:53:34 PM »
word, itw, all these recent developments is being watched by Tech verrry carefully  ;)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll