Author Topic: “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Me” - Michelle Movie  (Read 8996 times)

kolaboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Me” - Michelle Movie
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »
If Yall Think This Movie Is Garbage Yall Truly Are A Bias Crowd... She Told Her Story And It Turnt Out Pretty Great To Be A Chick Flick!!! 
The Dates & Scenes In The Movie May Be Off But Its Just Showing us The Outlook Of Things... Like When Her & Suge Was Watching The News Of Tupac Being Shot.... That Part Was Showing Us That They Was Still Together During That Time!!! 

Alot Of People Down Talked The Movie Way Before It Came Out... So I Wouldnt Expect Positive Feedback On Here!!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2016, 08:27:42 AM »
I'm about to check this out right now.

EDIT: Jamie Kennedy as Jerry Heller? Really?

Not the best acting job, but they actually made Jerry Heller look like a pretty good guy in this one.  Too bad he wasn't alive to see it because I think he would've been happy.

Yes .. His portrayal in this movie seemed more accurate than in SOC

From different points of view, everyone is different.

I haven't seen this movie, but I've heard her interviews on the topic many times. From my readings of it, Dr. Dre and her were in a wild relationship that she didn't know was abusive because it was normal to her, and Dre. So they just continued what they know. With that said, Dre was very abusive and always drunk. To her Jerry was amazing. She talked over and over about how he gave them money and a way of life. Sure it wasn't as much as Death Row, but it was something. Michel'le seemed like someone who really wanted to live a simple life, have her children and settle down with Dre. But Dre was getting more and more abusive, he started dating Sedale Threatt's wife and yeah.

From what I've heard from the movie, it seems like it's really from Michel'le's point of view. But looking at it in retrospect, what was said about NWA just standing there, let's not forget that Ice Cube wrote Eazy's line, "Jockin' the bitches, slappin' the hoes." This was a group what wrote about domestic violence and slapping bitches. What was she expecting? The problem is there is a lot of research about why women stay in abusive relationships. Michel'le then jumps from one abusive relationship to a mentally abusive relationship with Suge. From her interviews, Suge was very seductive, almost like the Devil. I think in that phase, she got very cocky, and very arrogant. Like she was on top of the world. Of course she'd get knocked down.

As for the 2Pac getting slapped around by Suge, I haven't seen the movie, but from what I gathered 2Pac would have beat the shit out of Suge. This might be Michel'le trying to bury 2Pac because it was known she was highly attracted to him. But one of the most consistent commentaries was that 2Pac would have fucked up anyone, including Suge, who messed with him. As one of his closest friends put it, he loved to fight.

Back when Michel'le was a guest on The Breakfast Club she said that Dre gave her 5 black eyes, but in the movie she was gettin' beat up all the time. I wouldn't be suprised if some of the scenes in the movie were made up for real. Dre shouldn't have hit her even once though.

I'm sure it was dramatized for the movie, but it's well known Dre was a woman beat back then.

Okka

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »

Not the best acting job, but they actually made Jerry Heller look like a pretty good guy in this one.  Too bad he wasn't alive to see it because I think he would've been happy.

I haven't seen this movie, but I've heard her interviews on the topic many times. From my readings of it, Dr. Dre and her were in a wild relationship that she didn't know was abusive because it was normal to her, and Dre. So they just continued what they know. With that said, Dre was very abusive and always drunk. To her Jerry was amazing. She talked over and over about how he gave them money and a way of life. Sure it wasn't as much as Death Row, but it was something. Michel'le seemed like someone who really wanted to live a simple life, have her children and settle down with Dre. But Dre was getting more and more abusive, he started dating Sedale Threatt's wife and yeah.

From what I've heard from the movie, it seems like it's really from Michel'le's point of view. But looking at it in retrospect, what was said about NWA just standing there, let's not forget that Ice Cube wrote Eazy's line, "Jockin' the bitches, slappin' the hoes." This was a group what wrote about domestic violence and slapping bitches. What was she expecting? The problem is there is a lot of research about why women stay in abusive relationships. Michel'le then jumps from one abusive relationship to a mentally abusive relationship with Suge. From her interviews, Suge was very seductive, almost like the Devil. I think in that phase, she got very cocky, and very arrogant. Like she was on top of the world. Of course she'd get knocked down.

As for the 2Pac getting slapped around by Suge, I haven't seen the movie, but from what I gathered 2Pac would have beat the shit out of Suge. This might be Michel'le trying to bury 2Pac because it was known she was highly attracted to him. But one of the most consistent commentaries was that 2Pac would have fucked up anyone, including Suge, who messed with him. As one of his closest friends put it, he loved to fight

What? Even Richie Rich said that Pac was a square and they were close friends.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2016, 10:30:43 AM »
Can't decide yet which one sucked more, this one or SOC.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2016, 10:39:11 AM »

As for the 2Pac getting slapped around by Suge, I haven't seen the movie, but from what I gathered 2Pac would have beat the shit out of Suge. This might be Michel'le trying to bury 2Pac because it was known she was highly attracted to him. But one of the most consistent commentaries was that 2Pac would have fucked up anyone, including Suge, who messed with him. As one of his closest friends put it, he loved to fight

Frank Alexander, the dude who shadowed 2Pac, claimed he loved fighting. I know another lady close to him also said the same thing. I can't remember her name but she talked to him after the Orlando Anderson fight.

Okka

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2016, 12:19:02 PM »

Frank Alexander, the dude who shadowed 2Pac, claimed he loved fighting. I know another lady close to him also said the same thing. I can't remember her name but she talked to him after the Orlando Anderson fight.

I never heard Pac beating up anybody by himself. A lot of people said that he always needed other people with him. Of course i don't know if that's true, but i remember Allen Hughes saying that Pac could not fight to save his life or somethin' like that.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2016, 12:43:18 PM »

I never heard Pac beating up anybody by himself. A lot of people said that he always needed other people with him. Of course i don't know if that's true, but i remember Allen Hughes saying that Pac could not fight to save his life or somethin' like that.

Coolio has told a story of 'Pac punching King Tee in the jaw, Spice 1 talks about 2Pac trying to fight gangstas in Chicago about killing kids. He seems like someone who likes to start shit, and knows that he has about 50 dudes behind him at all times to beat someone down if shit pops off. But he wasn't afraid to take the first punch.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2016, 01:16:51 PM »
Think she put that scene of Suge punking Pac in there just to make Suge look even more evil. That was the goal of the whole movie, to make Dre and Suge look as evil as possible.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Okka

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2016, 01:35:38 PM »
Think she put that scene of Suge punking Pac in there just to make Suge look even more evil. That was the goal of the whole movie, to make Dre and Suge look as evil as possible.

Yeah, i doubt that really happened.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2016, 01:41:08 PM »

Yeah but Pac ain't beating up Suge like you said though. No way no how.

Blood$

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2016, 05:28:00 PM »
If Yall Think This Movie Is Garbage Yall Truly Are A Bias Crowd... She Told Her Story And It Turnt Out Pretty Great To Be A Chick Flick!!! 
The Dates & Scenes In The Movie May Be Off But Its Just Showing us The Outlook Of Things... Like When Her & Suge Was Watching The News Of Tupac Being Shot.... That Part Was Showing Us That They Was Still Together During That Time!!! 

Alot Of People Down Talked The Movie Way Before It Came Out... So I Wouldnt Expect Positive Feedback On Here!!!

nope, this movie was 100% hot garbage and that's no bias whatsoever because it was already common knowledge that Dre had a history of hitting women and obviously he's not going to portrait that in a movie he helped executive produced about him + NWA, how is she gonna first say she was glad that her abuse wasn't shown in that movie because she didn't want to relive the moments then turn around and make it into her own movie for a quick buck  ::) and now she's really gonna write a book to further capitalize or gain some relevance  :laugh:

but that doesn't mean it isn't entertaining to watch a few times, it's like watching The Room or any other shitty movie that's just fun to roast, the only people giving this rave reviews elsewhere are battered women and people who actually watch Lifetime for the movies lol

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2016, 06:11:20 PM »
For what she was tryna portray, I thought it was well executed .. The tlc movie was far worse.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2016, 07:21:59 PM »
For what she was tryna portray, I thought it was well executed .. The tlc movie was far worse.
But it felt so useless, like it was a story that didn't need to be told since it didn't have anything of significance.  She basically just re-told the same stories we've heard about Ruthless and Death Row, but with her lingering around so you knew she was physically there.  It doesn't change anyone's opinion of Michel'le or show some side of her that we didn't know was there.

Plus you know damn well that at parties hosted by Dre, Suge or whoever, she wasn't running around offering food to everyone.

kolaboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2016, 09:03:41 PM »
But it felt so useless, like it was a story that didn't need to be told since it didn't have anything of significance.  She basically just re-told the same stories we've heard about Ruthless and Death Row, but with her lingering around so you knew she was physically there.  It doesn't change anyone's opinion of Michel'le or show some side of her that we didn't know was there.

Plus you know damn well that at parties hosted by Dre, Suge or whoever, she wasn't running around offering food to everyone.

She Was Just Displaying That She Get Bizzy With The Cooking...
We All Know Dre Was Ruff On Women Back Then, And Dre Said Michelle Can Cook Her Ass Off....
Remember This Is TV World, Not Everything Will Be 1000% Accurate Far As Scene Wise...
Its Few Scenes On SOC That Seemed Questionable But It Was A Good Movie Overall!!! 

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2016, 11:06:03 PM »
But it felt so useless, like it was a story that didn't need to be told since it didn't have anything of significance.  She basically just re-told the same stories we've heard about Ruthless and Death Row, but with her lingering around so you knew she was physically there.  It doesn't change anyone's opinion of Michel'le or show some side of her that we didn't know was there.

It's her story tho, not NWA's story .. Considering she was left out the NWA movie, I can see why she wanted to make it. She had a pretty interesting career with her relationships and all, so it was definitely different from what we saw in SOC.

I'm sure she exaggerated her side just as much as dre did.. It's human nature. Still entertaining tho.