Author Topic: The reason young rich whites in America emulate the gang culture  (Read 407 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

Re:The reason young rich whites in America emulate the gang culture
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2003, 07:01:33 AM »
I dont really get a lot of this post, coz living in ireland, we never had slavery. The main reason hip-hop is popular here is because people can relate to the oppression of it (up until the likes of nelly) Irish music has always been about being victimised having to emigrate, getting opressed by the british and being forced to fight back. That is our hip-hop. When people hear nwa etc, they hear the same anger that was and still is felt here. That is the main reason why so many people listen to it. Ironically, british hiphop has not caught on here at all, possibly because of our more friendly links with the us that britain. It's funny to see how "rich americans" have to apologise for being white. On the other hand, i can understand why blacks might feel resentful, after all if british people started listening to irish rebel songs for the music, and not the words, we would feels there power has been taken away. Make sense?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

TheSheriff

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2003, 12:51:52 PM »
I dont really get a lot of this post, coz living in ireland, we never had slavery. The main reason hip-hop is popular here is because people can relate to the oppression of it (up until the likes of nelly) Irish music has always been about being victimised having to emigrate, getting opressed by the british and being forced to fight back. That is our hip-hop. When people hear nwa etc, they hear the same anger that was and still is felt here. That is the main reason why so many people listen to it. Ironically, british hiphop has not caught on here at all, possibly because of our more friendly links with the us that britain. It's funny to see how "rich americans" have to apologise for being white. On the other hand, i can understand why blacks might feel resentful, after all if british people started listening to irish rebel songs for the music, and not the words, we would feels there power has been taken away. Make sense?

Well, if you felt that way, I'd chuckle and get back to listening to the music. If it's meaningful, that's good too, but it's all about the music when looking objectively.

legend

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2003, 05:33:27 PM »
even the alot of white kids do emulate, mexicans are  the worse imo.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2003, 05:34:32 PM by legend »

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2003, 05:54:51 PM »

Quakaveli

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2003, 06:21:34 PM »

LMAO!!!! Verbal brings some real comedy in hea

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2003, 08:18:34 PM »
even the alot of white kids do emulate, mexicans are  the worse imo.

ummmm it's your opinion but if you look at the large latino populations in new york and LA, they're the ones influencing the culture.......c'mon khakis flannel and chucks wasn't started by snoop in the LBC shit was started in e. LA by the mexican culture. almost all of westcoast culture is mexican ispired...low low's....locs, ben davis, ect. then go to NY and you got the puerto rican culture to thank for  the low brim hats and ect.

i ain't gonna go into a DAMON X lecture here becuase this is what i love about being latino. we inspire ALOT of things and want to spread it, we ain't trying to exclude like most cultures and try to take too much credit

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09