Author Topic: Ras Kass Reflects In-Depth On The 20th Anniversary Of Soul On Ice  (Read 281 times)

OmegaRed

We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Ras Kass Reflects In-Depth On The 20th Anniversary Of Soul On Ice
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:56:04 PM »
This was pretty good to have him reflect on the album and I thought the interview did well keeping him on topic.  I didn't want it to turn into another rant about his label or something like that (which almost happened). 

Sometimes Ras is a bit delusional like comparing his career to Jay-Z as if it's Priority Records fault he didn't end up like Jay-Z.  And then saying that black crime is proportional to their population that is totally not factual as blacks make up a minority of the population but commit the majority of crimes....

But being a bit delusional is partly what made Ras so great, and as long as they were on the topic of Soul On Ice it was interesting.  His explanation of "On Earth As It Is..." Being basically how that Bible verse actually plays out on the streets was a cool concept, and I loved the part about the cover art and how his mom brought him Eldridge Cleavers book in juvy and he was inspired by the series of vignettes. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)