Author Topic: Worst Rappers to have a classic album...  (Read 3031 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Worst Rappers to have a classic album...
« on: October 10, 2016, 08:11:46 PM »
So I did the thread best rappers to not have a classic album, now I'm doing worst rappers who were lucky and happened to register a classic.  I will start it off with the most obvious...

50 Cent-  Get Rich Or Die Trying   -   This album was a monster when it was released and Em and Dre were on a huge winning streak at the time and they put a battery in 50's back that couldn't fail.  The Ja beef was great entertainment and I remember Nas saying in an interview not too long ago that that album was the last time he felt hiphop was "alive" and I agree with him.  The album marked the last great era of rap.

Game - the documentary

I feel like game got better as a rapper over the years, but id still consider his rapping average. Still got classics, mainly thanks to dre.

Agreed.  This album was a success for many of the same reasons that the 50 Cent's first Aftermath release was a success.  
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:19:54 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BIGWORM

Re: Worst Rappers to have a classic album...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 09:02:25 PM »
Snoop Doggy Dogg~Doggystyle

This album is un-fuckwidable from intro to outro... He hasn't made 1 track since that album that could top any song on that album.

Doggystyle is in my top 5 hip hop albums. Any of his others aren't in my top 50 hip hop albums.

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 10:24:17 PM »
T.I. or Jeezy

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 12:07:28 AM »
Jay-Z with reasonable doubt

Always though jay was an average rapper, but that albums a classic

Master P with the ghettos tryna kill me

Great businessman but was never a good rapper .. Still had some classics when he was doin his thing in the bay

DMX with flesh of my flesh

X got unmatched charisma and personality on the mic, but as far as a straight rapper, he was never amongst the best

Mack 10 - self titled

Mack 10 not a bad rapper, but not a great one neither .. Production carried him in his early days tho and he had classic work

Game - the documentary

I feel like game got better as a rapper over the years, but id still consider his rapping average. Still got classics, mainly thanks to dre.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 03:18:57 AM »

This album is un-fuckwidable from intro to outro... He hasn't made 1 track since that album that could top any song on that album.

Doggystyle is in my top 5 hip hop albums. Any of his others aren't in my top 50 hip hop albums.

You said he hasn't made one song since then that could top any song on that album?   I think you are forgetting Snoop never failed in his career up until the Doggfather album was released.  Anything before Doggfather with Snoop's name on it was fire. 

"21 Jumpstreet" with Tray Dee and "Whose Got Some Gangsta Shit" with Dogg Pound and LBC Crew were both up to Doggystyle standard, along with "Smooth" on the Dogg Pound album, and "2 of America's Most Wanted" with Pac. 

Maybe you say those aren't solo tracks, but still if you take that, along with his work on the Chronic, and other solid albums like Top Dogg, Last Meal, and the first Eastsidaz album—there's no way you can't say he's not one of the all-time greats. 

SuperSpider

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 05:26:45 AM »
Jay-Z with any album ....even though he possesses the necessary skills I very rarely hear them being put on audio ''display''. Always thought he was very mediocre and I feel like a lot of people are praising him just because their favourite rappers said he was good.

Surprised noone has mentioned Kanye yet? A very hit and miss rapper to me (mainly miss), but his college era albums were classic, no doubt

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »

Snoop is very skilled as a rapper. Although he failed time and again to live up to expectations due to his incredible debut album, there's no way you can say he's the worst rapper to have a classic album.

TI is also very skilled from a technical and lyrical standpoint, far from the worst.

I think Master P is very likely to be the worst rapper with at least a defining classic under his belt, the type of album where the term classic isn't used because of the sheer quality of the project but moreso because of the impact it had on the game when it came out : Ice Cream Man & Ghetto D.

I really don't see anyone as bad as Master P with a classic album.

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »

Snoop is very skilled as a rapper. Although he failed time and again to live up to expectations due to his incredible debut album, there's no way you can say he's the worst rapper to have a classic album.

TI is also very skilled from a technical and lyrical standpoint, far from the worst.

I think Master P is very likely to be the worst rapper with at least a defining classic under his belt, the type of album where the term classic isn't used because of the sheer quality of the project but moreso because of the impact it had on the game when it came out : Ice Cream Man & Ghetto D.

I really don't see anyone as bad as Master P with a classic album.

yeah actually I would put P as worse than T.I. or Jeezy technically lol but P has more than one classic album under his belt where as the others I named only have one

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 03:53:12 PM »
that's a conservative figure, that's why I said at least... P may have more than 2 classic albums but in terms of game changers with a huge impact I'd say Ice Cream Man & Ghetto D are the real classics in his discography.

you're probably right about TI and Jeezy. I'd say Thug Motivation 101 is a very important album in hip hop.

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 05:03:38 PM »
that's a conservative figure, that's why I said at least... P may have more than 2 classic albums but in terms of game changers with a huge impact I'd say Ice Cream Man & Ghetto D are the real classics in his discography.

you're probably right about TI and Jeezy. I'd say Thug Motivation 101 is a very important album in hip hop.

agreed on those P joints... and yeah TM101 is monumental, Trap Muzik is a classic too but definitely nowhere near the scope of Jeezy's musically and how much impact it made

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »

X got unmatched charisma and personality on the mic, but as far as a straight rapper, he was never amongst the best

that album over It's Dark & Hell Is Hot?

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 06:08:00 PM »

that album over It's Dark & Hell Is Hot?

I actually think they both on the same level, but I jus named one classic from each rapper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 08:19:12 PM »
Talib Kweli - Reflection Eternal

This one was definitely a classic and had a profound effect on my life.  Hi Tek was doing stellar work behind the boards bringing the tracks to life and it came out as Rawkus was really making noise with that underground/backpacker scene which was kind of killed by the digital media era that followed. 

Game-Won

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 10:41:05 PM »
The fact that Game & Dmx is on the list... why not add pac, nas or eazy there to.

I hope you are trolling.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 10:43:55 PM »
The fact that Game & Dmx is on the list... why not add pac, nas or eazy there to.

I hope you are trolling.

Are you really suggesting that Game and DMX are on the level of Pac and Nas?