Author Topic: Worst Rappers to have a classic album...  (Read 2999 times)

Eddz

Re: Worst Rappers to have a classic album...
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 02:20:14 AM »
Neither TIcor Jeezy have classic albums

Game-Won

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 04:02:26 AM »
The fact that Game & Dmx is on the list... why not add pac, nas or eazy there to.

I hope you are trolling.

Are you really suggesting that Game and DMX are on the level of Pac and Nas?

Ofc look at x albums.. he was nr 1 every fuckin time, and made more classic albuns than Nas or Pac.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

HighEyeCue

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »
surprised that Dre hasn't been mentioned

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 09:20:38 AM »
I think Dre get's a pass. He's a producer. But with that said, Kanye too also is pretty bad, but has classics under his belt. Jay-Z might be the answer. Blueprint was WAY better than it had any business being, and Reasonable Doubt, I personally took it off my classics list, but I'd be lying to say it's not a 5 mic album and was way better than Jay-Z himself. Eazy E also has one classic album, and he's pretty bad, but you can see how he has one with that voice and Ren, DOC and Cube writing the whole album with Dre beats. That's a lot of support, and it was worth it.

SuperSpider

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 09:39:43 AM »
The fact that Game & Dmx is on the list... why not add pac, nas or eazy there too.

Now that you mentioned it - Eazy-E should really be on this list indeed

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 12:05:01 PM »
I wouldn't qualify dudes who had ghostwriters for the majority of an album to make a list like this, saying Dr. Dre or Eazy is basically saying DOC, Cube, etc. lol

Blood$

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
The fact that Game & Dmx is on the list... why not add pac, nas or eazy there to.

I hope you are trolling.

Ofc look at x albums.. he was nr 1 every fuckin time, and made more classic albuns than Nas or Pac.

Game technically would out-rap 2Pac and DMX with 'bars' but that doesn't mean he puts together better overall songs/projects than them, but he's paid enough dues and released enough quality in his career thus far to be mentioned in the same bracket as them... don't know what Nas' freestyle game is like these days but I still wouldn't say Game would out-rap him lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 01:44:22 PM »
I wouldn't qualify dudes who had ghostwriters for the majority of an album to make a list like this, saying Dr. Dre or Eazy is basically saying DOC, Cube, etc. lol

I think the difference though is Eazy was pretty clumsy when rapping. It didn't matter who wrote it, Eazy was not a good rapper at all. He was a gimmick, and Cube, Ren and DOC wrote way better stuff for themselves. They gave Eazy what he could handle.

I hope you are trolling.

Game technically would out-rap 2Pac and DMX with 'bars' but that doesn't mean he puts together better overall songs/projects than them, but he's paid enough dues and released enough quality in his career thus far to be mentioned in the same bracket as them... don't know what Nas' freestyle game is like these days but I still wouldn't say Game would out-rap him lol

Game had bars, but he would not out rap 2Pac bar for bar. 2Pac bar for bar was as good as many rappers.

Allow me to introduce first: Makaveli the Don
Hysterical, spiritual lyrics like The Holy Qur'an
Niggas get shook like 5-0
My .45 is next to me when we ride, for survival
Money-making plans, pistol close at hand, swollen pockets
Let me introduce the topic, then we drop it
Expose snakes ‘cause they breed freely
See me ride! Located worldwide like the art of graffiti
I think I'm tougher than Nitti, my attitude is shitty
Born on a dope fiend's titty

With all this extra stressin'
The question I wonder is after death, after my last breath
When will I finally get to rest through this oppression?
They punish the people that's askin' questions. And those that possess steal from the ones without possessions
The message I stress: to make it stop, study your lessons
Don't settle for less, even the genius asks his questions
Be grateful for blessings, don't ever change, keep your essence
The power is in the people and politics we address

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2016, 01:49:03 PM »

I think the difference though is Eazy was pretty clumsy when rapping. It didn't matter who wrote it, Eazy was not a good rapper at all. He was a gimmick, and Cube, Ren and DOC wrote way better stuff for themselves. They gave Eazy what he could handle.

I hope you are trolling.

Game had bars, but he would not out rap 2Pac bar for bar. 2Pac bar for bar was as good as many rappers.

They punish the people that's askin' questions. And those that possess steal from the ones without possessions

2Pac is the GOAT to me and my personal favorite artist, but I still think Game would out-do him if it came down to a live cypher or a battle, but I do agree with what you're saying since most tend to have the misconception that 2Pac was just average as an MC who simply had a greater work ethic

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2016, 08:09:43 PM »

I hope you are trolling.

Cuz they are all leaps and bounds above game and DMX .. Eazy had ghostwriters, but his ghostwriters wrote better shit for him than what we heard from game or DMX .. To top that off, his voice and charisma are unmatched .. And did u seriously just say Nas and 2pac? Both considered top 5 rappers by the general consensus .. And u have the nerve to claim some1 else trollin? Smh

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 08:13:01 PM »

I hope you are trolling.

2Pac is the GOAT to me and my personal favorite artist, but I still think Game would out-do him if it came down to a live cypher or a battle, but I do agree with what you're saying since most tend to have the misconception that 2Pac was just average as an MC who simply had a greater work ethic

2pac would shit on game .. Put hit me up against that new meek mill
diss n get back to me. Game is like a gimmick rapper, and the gimmick is pretty good .. But pac is the real deal.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 12:00:26 AM »

Yeah.. Eazy's a good name for the list.....

And I'm with you on Pac.  I mean really this whole "BARS" thing is wayy over-rated.  I mean multi's and metaphors are great but just cause you can rap some shit like "I'm gonna treat the shell-casings like a soccer-ball and kick the ballistics"...  I think it is far superior when you can spit some real ass shit like Pac and every fuckin word your spittin is hella biographical, I mean for one most rappers could never live a life that extraordinary, and then #2 if they did live such a life they would never be able to have the range and depth that Pac did that's why no rapper can fuck with Pac on any level.  When Pac uses metaphor/simile he's spitting real shit like "I'm like a fiend who finally sees when all the dope is gone".

I mean just peep this verse from "Picture Me Rollin".  Notice the lyrical depth he is spitting and the fact that EVERYTHING HE'S SPITTIN IS ACTUALLY FACTUAL!  He really did have a benz, he really was under surveillance, he really did have enemies out to take his life, he really was under watch like a drug dealer yet he wasn't selling, he really had been in prison, had homies who were inmates or dead and gone, he really was paranoid and shit like that, he really was an attic "fiend" but tried to maintain and be positive thru it all...and then through it all he has the lyrical range and depth to break out in prayer and call out to his Mom from the storm.... and today we still can close our eyez and Picture Pac Rollin!!

Picture me rollin in my 500 Benz
I got no love for these niggaz, there's no need to be friends
They got me under surveillance, that's what somebody be tellin
Know there's dope bein sold, but +I+ ain't the one sellin!
Don't want to be another number
I got a fuckin gang of weed to keep from goin under
The federales wanna see me dead - niggaz put prices on my head
Now I got two Rottwillers by me bed, I feed em lead
Now I'm released, how will I live? Will God forgive me
for all the dirt a nigga did, to feed kids?
One life to live, it's so hard to be positive
when niggaz shootin at your crib
Mama, I'm still thuggin, the world is a war zone
My homies is inmates, and most of them dead wrong
Full grown, finally a man, just scheamin on ways
to put some green inside the palms of my empty hands
Just picture me rollin
Flossin a Benz on rims that isn't stolen
My dreams is censored, my hopes are gone
I'm like a fiend that finally sees when all the dope is gone
My nerves is wrecked, heart beatin and my hands is swollen
thinkin of the G's I'll be holdin, picture me rollin
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:06:07 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 02:32:49 AM »
Pac and DMX wack? What the fuck y'all smokin' on?

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 04:14:30 AM »
DMX is not a bad rapper. Kanye West's first albums were good, even his rhymes were good back in the day. 2Pac shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread. Snoop made 1 classic album & multiple good albums.

Here are some perfect examples (imo):

Tim Dog - penicillin on wax
Tim Dog is really not a good rapper, but still he is very entertaining, both beeing hardcore & funny (because sometimes he overdoes his hardcore act). You either hate or love this album / Tim Dog, but I think it can still be considered as a classic.

Daz Dillinger
1 classic album (his first) and later on a lot of garbage with easy lyrics & topics

Mystikal
I don't have any albums from him, so I can't judge if he made something classic or not. But he is a bad rapper.

There must be more. Interesting topic btw!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 08:31:04 AM »
So, just looking at things, I think the top 3 have to be in order, Eazy, Dre, and Kanye. But all three did use ghostwriters on their classic albums, Eazy with Ren, Cube, and DOC, Dre with DOC, and Kanye with Rhymefest and Consequence (though Kanye did write some by himself too). So with that said, Dre and Kanye did produce their whole albums, so producers get a pass. So with that said, it's got to be Eazy.