Author Topic: Worst Rappers to have a classic album...  (Read 3023 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Worst Rappers to have a classic album...
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2016, 10:23:17 PM »

Eazy was a good rapper tho .. His voice and charisma is unmatched, and ghostwritten or not, he spit some dope rhymes with excellent storytelling .. Listen to a track like nobody moves or louisville slugger .. The notion that he was a bad rapper come from the fact that he didn't write, but that, in reality, doesn't make him a bad rapper .. I actually rather listen to eazy spit mc ren rhymes than to hear it from mc ren himself.. Legend

Good point, Eazy is a legend, but I still think I'd keep him on the list just because a rapper like that needed a lot of support on his classic album.   He needed Dre behind the boards and he needed a lot of guest appearances, skits, etc. to sort of camoflauge the fact that he wasn't a great M.C.   Your right that when you factor in charisma and style and all that then it becomes a lot harder to say Eazy wasn't a great rapper.

If you compare Eazys classic to Eminem SSLP or Nas Illmatic or PAC Me Against the World or Ras Soul On Ice.  Then you see the difference cause those albums didn't need a lot of help--their lyricism and mic skills were capable of carrying the full album from beginning to end.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:27:37 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2016, 04:48:20 AM »

Eazy was a good rapper tho .. His voice and charisma is unmatched, and ghostwritten or not, he spit some dope rhymes with excellent storytelling .. Listen to a track like nobody moves or louisville slugger .. The notion that he was a bad rapper come from the fact that he didn't write, but that, in reality, doesn't make him a bad rapper .. I actually rather listen to eazy spit mc ren rhymes than to hear it from mc ren himself.. Legend

Good point, Eazy is a legend, but I still think I'd keep him on the list just because a rapper like that needed a lot of support on his classic album.   He needed Dre behind the boards and he needed a lot of guest appearances, skits, etc. to sort of camoflauge the fact that he wasn't a great M.C.   Your right that when you factor in charisma and style and all that then it becomes a lot harder to say Eazy wasn't a great rapper.

If you compare Eazys classic to Eminem SSLP or Nas Illmatic or PAC Me Against the World or Ras Soul On Ice.  Then you see the difference cause those albums didn't need a lot of help--their lyricism and mic skills were capable of carrying the full album from beginning to end.

EAZY HAD A CLASSIC EVEN AFTER LEAVIN DRE'S CORNER THO .. AND HIS RAPPING ISNT ON THE LEVEL OF PAC OR NAS, BUT ITS DEFINITELY NOT AS LOW AS THE MASTER P'S AND 50 CENT'S ON THE LIST.

Blood$

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »

If you compare Eazys classic to Eminem SSLP or Nas Illmatic or PAC Me Against the World or Ras Soul On Ice.  Then you see the difference cause those albums didn't need a lot of help--their lyricism and mic skills were capable of carrying the full album from beginning to end.

EAZY HAD A CLASSIC EVEN AFTER LEAVIN DRE'S CORNER THO .. AND HIS RAPPING ISNT ON THE LEVEL OF PAC OR NAS, BUT ITS DEFINITELY NOT AS LOW AS THE MASTER P'S AND 50 CENT'S ON THE LIST.

Str8 Off Tha Streetz > Eazy Duz It

Okka

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2016, 09:36:26 AM »

Str8 Off Tha Streetz > Eazy Duz It

I agree. I like "It's On (Dr. Dre) 187Um Killa" the most though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2016, 05:28:25 PM »
Chamillionaire - Ultimate Victory

Blood$

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2016, 12:09:17 AM »
Chamillionaire - Ultimate Victory

can't front, I regret selling that album and Sound Of Revenge years back lol dude was underrated for sure

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2016, 12:45:46 AM »
Chamillionaire is the quintessential example of a good rapper who made whack music

SuperSpider

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2016, 01:34:04 AM »
Chamillionaire is the quintessential example of a good rapper who made whack music

I actually think that Chamillionaire is one of the most versatile artists to ever do it and it's a shame he never got to drop his final album

Okka

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2016, 04:30:11 AM »

I actually think that Chamillionaire is one of the most versatile artists to ever do it and it's a shame he never got to drop his final album

He's supposed to come out with an album next year.

Blood$

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2016, 04:38:12 PM »

nah his albums were dope but I wouldn't say classic, mixtapes he was spitting harder though

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2016, 08:12:14 AM »
First off, I can't think of one single Master P classic album, and on top of that looking back everyone thought he was wack and no one have him 5 mics or a XXL. So he don't count to me.

'Pac had bars and raw emotion. Please, plus he had so many diss songs it was unreal. Dude would eat Game and Game would tell you that too.

Ghetto tryna kill me and ice cream man

Ice Cream Man was 4 mics, and that's a good rating for it. Bout It, Bout It was alright, and it set the foundation for a good 4 year No Limit run. But it wasn't a classic. I've never seen any Master P album on CREDIBLE hip-hop reviewers classic list. Putting any Master P album in any classic list really waters down the label classic, especially if no credible hip-hop journalist has any of his albums on any classics list.

With that said, that The Ghettos Tryin to Kill Me album cover, that has always been a personal classic since I was 16. LOL. I was trying to look at her too.

Your average hip-hop reviewer is an east coast dick rider who doesn't even recognize the bay as a region

Master P is from New Orleans.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2016, 08:13:04 AM »

But this take, this take is brilliant. Like I hear Chamillionaire and I know I'm suppose to like him because he's a good rapper, but man, most his album is pretty meh.

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2016, 09:55:42 AM »
First off, I can't think of one single Master P classic album, and on top of that looking back everyone thought he was wack and no one have him 5 mics or a XXL. So he don't count to me.

'Pac had bars and raw emotion. Please, plus he had so many diss songs it was unreal. Dude would eat Game and Game would tell you that too.

Ice Cream Man was 4 mics, and that's a good rating for it. Bout It, Bout It was alright, and it set the foundation for a good 4 year No Limit run. But it wasn't a classic. I've never seen any Master P album on CREDIBLE hip-hop reviewers classic list. Putting any Master P album in any classic list really waters down the label classic, especially if no credible hip-hop journalist has any of his albums on any classics list.

With that said, that The Ghettos Tryin to Kill Me album cover, that has always been a personal classic since I was 16. LOL. I was trying to look at her too.

Your average hip-hop reviewer is an east coast dick rider who doesn't even recognize the bay as a region

His early music was bay shit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2016, 11:08:50 AM »

But Ice Cream Man was clearly a southern album

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2016, 12:50:16 PM »

But Ice Cream Man was clearly a southern album

It's a mix .. U familiar with K-Lou?