Author Topic: MC Eiht Feat. MaylAy 'Runn The Blocc' (DJ Premier Remix)  (Read 507 times)

Funkstradamus

Re: MC Eiht Feat. MaylAy 'Runn The Blocc' (DJ Premier Remix)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 01:55:51 PM »
this shit banging!!!

Matty

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 06:07:36 PM »
dope 8)

RoscoeOutlaw

WestWestYA

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 07:05:23 AM »
The OG is Great but this Remix got that Classic East Coast Feel.

The Predator

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 09:16:01 AM »
This bops.

West Coast legend MC Eiht is back with a brand new single that’s actually a remix to his 2012 track “Runn the Blocc.” While the smoothed out original samples Ronnie Law’s classic tune “Tidal Wave,” much like Black Moon’s “Who Got the Props,” DJ Premier brings a harder sounds to the new version with his signature drums and a Cali flavored synthesizer. You can bump the song above.

The track will be featured on Eiht’s upcoming solo album Which Way Iz West, a project that will be executive produced by both Premier and Eiht. It’ll be released as a joint venture between Premier’s Year Round Records and Eiht’s Blue Stamp Records.

“I’m a huge fan of Young MayLAy from the West Coast and he can spit, Premier told XXL. “So when we finished mixing the album, I wanted to keep the lyrics and put a brand new beat to it so that it sounded like a whole new song.”

MC Eiht chimes in, “When I originally got the beat from Brenk (Sinatra), rather than do something that glorified hustling, I wanted to drop something more along the storyline of how it’s so stressful in the streets. Then Premier sent MayLAy and I a beat and it just fit my vision of how the game used to be perfectly; knowing hustling is still a necessary evil and having to deal with everything that comes with it. Preemo heard the final product and said it needed to be on the album; so now its official.”