Author Topic: CUBS BEAT DODGERS  (Read 1351 times)

Sccit

Re: CUBS VS DODGERS SERIES THREAD
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 11:33:20 PM »
At least sparks won it all

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 07:45:33 AM »
Such a conundrum for Game 6. The Cubs suck against lefties, so Kershaw, bare minimum, should throw a 5 hit, 1 run complete game. However, Vegas is pounding the Dodgers. Classic trap game. Too intense.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 09:59:26 AM »
It's goin to 7

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 11:12:50 AM »
fuck Kershaw

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 01:17:53 PM »
One thing I've learn, when you put out the best pitcher in baseball in the playoffs, you win. So this should be a win for the Dodgers. No way they give up 8 runs tonight.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 02:24:35 PM »
One thing I've learn, when you put out the best pitcher in baseball in the playoffs, you win. So this should be a win for the Dodgers. No way they give up 8 runs tonight.

That's why I said Kershaw shoulda pitched yesterday and Sunday .. Is 3 days rest really not enough to throw at least 60-70 pitches? Back in the days, players was pitchin on 2 days rest, sometimes one .. Players done gone soft

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »

That's why I said Kershaw shoulda pitched yesterday and Sunday .. Is 3 days rest really not enough to throw at least 60-70 pitches? Back in the days, players was pitchin on 2 days rest, sometimes one .. Players done gone soft

Tough break. Im positive Kershaw could gave went in game 5. Would have been better for him too. It was cold in Chicago tonight and however bad his arm felt two days ago it felt worse tonight. Damp weather can be a killer. There was no besting the Cub's tonight. Kershaw could have pitched a perfect game and we'd be in extra innings. Too bad he'll get blamed for this.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 08:15:00 PM »

5-0

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 09:31:47 PM »

Tough break. Im positive Kershaw could gave went in game 5. Would have been better for him too. It was cold in Chicago tonight and however bad his arm felt two days ago it felt worse tonight. Damp weather can be a killer. There was no besting the Cub's tonight. Kershaw could have pitched a perfect game and we'd be in extra innings. Too bad he'll get blamed for this.

Bottom line, he choked again

But yea, should pitched games 5 and 7 .. Period

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 06:32:44 AM »

Bottom line, he choked again

But yea, should pitched games 5 and 7 .. Period

To me the bottom line us is wouldn't have mattered.  To me it's not a choke unless you're laying up ducks  while your team is putting up runs.  And even then 4 earned runs isn't that horrible. Just media trying to spin it to blame it on one guy.

The team was shot and they need a scapegoat because they make headlines.  I've seen plenty of dominant winning pitchers win world series games with 4 earned runs and no says shut because the bats put up 7 or 8.

I'm not a Kershaw fan, a Dodgers fan,  or even much of a baseball fan anymore and maybe Kershaw has a post season record of playing poorly late in the year bit last night I watched the game and that was not a choke. It was a well pitched game that just went up against another guy''s super game and the Cubs bats came to play while the Dodgers did not. 4 earned runs is enough to make it a game. I just looked at the Dodgers season averages. Kershaw definitely let up more than his season erather going from 1.6 to 4 but the bats average 4.56runs a game against 4 runs a game against. Kershaw was exactly at the team average while the Bats were 5 runs under. So who choked?  Just Kershaw? Bullshit.