Author Topic: Question(s) About MC Ren  (Read 1050 times)

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
Question(s) About MC Ren
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:50:34 PM »
Ren’s first solo release was in 1992 with the Kizz My Black Azz EP (which I thought was dope), and up until his 1998 album Ruthless For Life, he didn’t work with Dre, Cube, or anyone from their camps.

I mean, I know he was cool with Death Row due to shoutouts on his EP and The Chronic, and I’m assuming he was cool with Cube, but did he just not work with them because of their issues with Eazy at the time? I would assume so, but I wonder how Eazy felt about him shouting out Snoop and vice verse.

Anyway, in 1998 his album Ruthless For Life featured Cube, Snoop and RBX. From there, in my opinion, it seemed like he was being brought into the fold. He popped up on 2001, he did Chin Check and Hello w/ Cube and Dre, was on Snoop’s Tha Last Meal, and he was even on D.O.C. and Kurupt projects. After all this he did some stuff with Public Enemy, then kinda went quiet until he dropped music in 2009.

So, what I’m trying to figure out is, what happened? It seemed like Ren was apart of this West Coast revival then faded into the background. Anyone have any info?

doggfather

Re: Question(s) About MC Ren
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 02:28:55 AM »
Think he was with eazy till the end. After that a lot of things changed.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

Re: Question(s) About MC Ren
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 12:41:17 AM »
HE HAD BEEF WITH DRE IN THE MID 90S......I DONT REMEMBER THE SPECIFICS, BUT I KNOW 2001 ORIGINALLY INCLUDED A DISS TO MC REN ON THE SONG "WHATS THE DIFFERENCE" WHICH WAS CENSORED UPON RELEASE CUZ THEY MADE GOOD.