Author Topic: Derrick Rose: Knicks being put in same 'super team' class as Warriors  (Read 794 times)

OmegaRed

How high are expectations for the revamped New York Knicks? New point guard Derrick Rose curiously said some people have put New York in the same "super team" class as the Golden State Warriors.

"With these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the super teams, and they're trying not to build that many super teams, and [commissioner] Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that," Rose said during a recent interview with NBA.com.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Derrick Rose: Knicks roster fits triangle 'to a T'
Point guard Derrick Rose thinks he -- and the rest of the Knicks -- can thrive in the triangle offense.
"And the expectations I think of us, we just want to win. Talking to [Carmelo Anthony] and all the guys who've been around. You've got Brandon [Jennings] who just signed for one year, he's got to show why he's there. I've got to show why I'm there. Joakim [Noah] has to show why he's there. Everybody's trying to prove themselves."

Rose added that expectations for the Knicks are "high" for the coming season, but he didn't specifically identify who has put the Knicks in the same class as the Warriors.

The comparison to Golden State, however, would be a clumsy one, considering the Warriors are coming off of a 73-win season, have reached back-to-back NBA Finals and signed free agent Kevin Durant this summer.

The Knicks, coming off of a 32-win season, added Rose, Noah, Jennings and Courtney Lee in the offseason. New York has an improved roster but likely not one that many would put in the same class as Golden State.

In addition to talking expectations for the Knicks, Rose said he's looking forward to his opportunity to play in the New York market. The former MVP has been limited to playing in just 40 percent of his games since the start of the 2013-14 season because of various ailments, including two significant knee injuries.

"I'm going into a great market," Rose said. "I'm going into a city where they love basketball -- basketball is a culture there, and they love players that play hard. And I think I fit that. ... I think this is a huge opportunity for me, and I'm preparing myself right now."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17124633/derrick-rose-says-new-york-knicks-being-put-same-super-team-class-golden-state-warriors
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
lol thats what they said about the knicks last super team.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

Superteam lmao

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
LMFAO.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nigga should end his super career. I feel sorry for my fellow Germans from Adidas who wasted so much money on that chronically injured ass nigga.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

Meanwhile, Chicago got themselves a lowkey diet superteam

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Meanwhile, Chicago got themselves a lowkey diet superteam

lol, the five best teams in the league shoot 25 threes a game & you like the team that could set NBA record lows on three point shooting.

Sccit

That's overstated .. butler and mirotic can shoot the three

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Butler shoots 32% lol.

Sccit

Butler shoots 32% lol.

What about the year before

The Big Bad Ass

Re: Derrick Rose: Knicks being put in same 'super team' class as Warriors
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 10:11:12 PM »