Author Topic: DJ QUICK - BALANCE AND OPTIONS  (Read 1790 times)

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
Re: DJ QUICK - BALANCE AND OPTIONS
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2006, 09:28:53 PM »
I can slip this album in my ride any day of the week, and hear something new in the music every fucking time.

He has such a musical talent, he won't be fully understood anytime soon...

His shit is way too complex for some folks...

What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Sikotic™

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 09:30:30 PM »
This is Quik's last GREAT album. UTI and Trauma were both dope albums, but lacked something.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

yates

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2006, 03:25:38 AM »
Rhythm-al-ism is probably my favourite. The song Speed blew my fucking mind when i first listened to it, not heard anything like it. Beat is crazy and Quik flows so well over it.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2006, 05:35:16 AM »
GET RHYTHM-AL-ISM.....YOU WILL BE BLOWN THE FUCK AWAY, seriously its worth paying for you can go track 1 to the end no skips

yep his best album imo...but its cool that every1 has a diff fav quik album...that just means that theyre all really good

peace

Paul

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 01:22:56 PM »
Rhythm-al-ism is probably my favourite. The song Speed blew my fucking mind when i first listened to it, not heard anything like it. Beat is crazy and Quik flows so well over it.

one of my fav songs ever
funkyfreshintheflesh

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »
You cant really say one quik album is better then another because each are classic and  came out in a different time but here are my FAVORTIES in order:

1. Rythm-al-ism
2. Safe & Sound
3. Trauma
4. B&0
5. UTI
6. Quik is the Name
7. Way 2 fonky

WestCoasta

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 02:13:40 PM »
it's funny how everyone puts 6 - "Quik is the Name", and 7 - "Way 2 Fonky"

probably cuz lots of youngsters on this site, not really our sound in time.... seems 1995 rap started to change sound-wise

they're good albums for sure if you listen to 'em, it's just they're in a much different time than the others and I didn't grow up with it

I was only like 4-5 when they were released.... I assume it's the same for the rest of you

Paul

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 02:49:37 PM »

probably cuz lots of youngsters on this site, not really our sound in time.... seems 1995 rap started to change sound-wise

they're good albums for sure if you listen to 'em, it's just they're in a much different time than the others and I didn't grow up with it

I was only like 4-5 when they were released.... I assume it's the same for the rest of you

i prefer quik is the name and way 2 fonky over trauma and under tha influence
funkyfreshintheflesh

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2006, 03:30:16 PM »

welll Quik is the name is a classic. i know alot of older people who only dj quik for that album. Dj Quik was huge back in 1991 and 1992. Me, i was only 1 and 2 years old when they were released so it cant really be my favorite..I first heard Rythm-al-ism back in 99 when I was 9 years old and quik is the name and way 2 fonky were the last albums that i got from him. So thas why I prefer his newer albums. Im not saying their better but their my favorites.

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2006, 03:42:55 PM »

That's a good observation, and I never really looked at it that way....Whenever there is a Quik album debate I always list "Way 2 Fonky" ahead of all the rest of albums cuz I can remember bacc when it first and others like it dropped and how the times were a little different from today...I know message boards are usually filled with non americans and teenagers who didn't experiance rap at that time, so they can't look bacc over the years and see how great an album was or how much impact an album had compared to today because they weren't living in that time frame or they were living, but didn't get the experiance of that era...That probably why I think "Way 2 Fonky" is probably one of Quik's best album to date, but it usually ends up at the end of most peoples list
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 03:44:36 PM by Crip2Nite »

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2006, 03:47:13 PM »
Balance and Options was a cool record.  It sort of marked the change from Party Quik to Angry Quik, as it had both party and songs of anger.  In the UTI and Truama records Quik sounded pissed off.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »
i loved and love this album. this is my fav Quik album period. Rythmalism is after this one.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 03:22:09 PM »
What's up folks ?!

It had been a while since I bumped that album and damn it is a certified classic ! If you add all of Quik's skills (production/flow/creativity etc) he must be the most talented hip-hop artist ever.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

V2DHeart

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2016, 01:15:26 PM »
This is one of my 3 favorite Quik albums ever.  Its pure genius, the outro on the album is amazing, the whole album bangs.

:o at the outro. I wish he would have used that beat for an actual song, or made it longer.

He did though not for himself. I can't remember the artists name now?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2016, 08:52:48 PM »
I commented on this thread 10 years ago wow.

Beats , production is dope but lyrics and voice is .....