Author Topic: Pacquiao scoffs at vargas claim that he's faster: "we'll see in the ring"  (Read 691 times)

OmegaRed

We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Shut the fuck up, Manny. Spend the entire Floyd saga crying he was ducking you, when in reality it was your camp causing problems. Now you're gonna talk shit to some opponent you pulled out of your ass. You ducked Bud Crawford, pussy.

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Pacquiao scoffs at vargas claim that he's faster: "we'll see in the ring"
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 08:25:36 AM »
Floyd WAS ducking Manny.  Not saying he was scared, but it was clear he didn't want to fight Manny for a while.  The only problems that Manny's camp "caused" was maybe them not wanting to do the USADA testing initially, but other than that, Floyd was creating new roadblocks at each round of negotiations.

Anyway, it was cool to see Floyd at the fight anyway.  Smart move on his part, it just generates more buzz, for both of them.  Obviously we were all hoping for a knockout, but a win is a win, and we at least got a knockdown.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 10:11:01 AM »
Floyd WAS ducking Manny.  Not saying he was scared, but it was clear he didn't want to fight Manny for a while.  The only problems that Manny's camp "caused" was maybe them not wanting to do the USADA testing initially, but other than that, Floyd was creating new roadblocks at each round of negotiations.

Anyway, it was cool to see Floyd at the fight anyway.  Smart move on his part, it just generates more buzz, for both of them.  Obviously we were all hoping for a knockout, but a win is a win, and we at least got a knockdown.

I'm just saying though. Manny talking shit about an average ass boxer. I know he has to try to sell the fight; but Bud Crawford said he'd take him & Arum wanted no part of a Manny L. Arum the reason UFC is becoming the bigger fighting sport. & I love boxing way more than watching UFC; just terms of the public popularity.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 09:12:35 PM »
Should he not have said anything, when his opponent was talking shit first?  What do you think Manny should have done instead, say that his opponent is right and that he is slower than him?  Come on.

Arum is not the reason why UFC is becoming the bigger sport.  What big fights is he preventing?  So maybe he's not pushing Pacquiao-Crawford as hard as YOU want him to.  Yeah, it would be a more interesting fight than Pacquiao-Vargas was, but it's not something that the boxing world is begging for either.  People can talk about how they don't care for Mayweather-Pacquiao II or Pacquiao-Marquez V, but rest assured either fight would demolish the PPV numbers of whatever Pacquiao-Crawford would.  High risk, low reward.

What big fights does boxing REALLY want?  Mayweather-Golovkin... Arum is not preventing that one from happening.  Alvarez-Golovkin... Arum is not preventing that one from happening.  Cotto-Marquez... Arum is not preventing that one from happening.  All three are fights that boxing fans would likely rather see before Pacquiao-Crawford.  So no, I would not say that Arum is the reason why boxing's popularity is declining.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 02:53:42 PM »
He created the culture of "we need to prevent our fighters from losing to increase their stock".

Canelo/GGG won't happen because Del La Hoya adapted that same mentality. He doesn't want to see Canelo get raped by GGG. He knows he can sell us a "feel good story" Liam Smith ass whooping & keep the hype train rolling. Once he gets dropped by GGG, he loses that "top of the world" luster, PPV numbers go down & people want to see someone dethrone GGG.

He ain't shit to me until he stays at 160; that's his natural weight. He either fights down & just bullies people genetically smaller than him or fights bums who are close to him. & the one time he fought the best of the little guys, Floyd whooped his ass.

Give me GGG/Canelo or death lol.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 10:08:47 PM »
GGG IS THE REAL DEAL

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 05:35:50 PM »
He created the culture of "we need to prevent our fighters from losing to increase their stock".
Your grasping at straws with that one.  How did HE create that culture?  And even if he did, do you think that no other promoter would've done that?  Someone else would've thought to protect their own fighters, particularly from high risk, low reward fights.  Oscar would still protect his fighters.  Floyd would've still avoided the riskiest fights the way he did.  Look at all of Tyson's fights after he got out of prison, until Holyfield.  Don King was criticized for having lined up all those bums ("tomato cans" as the media called them) who didn't even make it out of the third round.

So no, it's not Arum's fault, and he's not the only one doing it.  And like I said, the fight that you feel Arum is preventing is not in the top five most wanted fights now anyway, so I don't know what you're complaining about him keeping from the boxing world.

Canelo/GGG won't happen because Del La Hoya adapted that same mentality. He doesn't want to see Canelo get raped by GGG. He knows he can sell us a "feel good story" Liam Smith ass whooping & keep the hype train rolling. Once he gets dropped by GGG, he loses that "top of the world" luster, PPV numbers go down & people want to see someone dethrone GGG.

He ain't shit to me until he stays at 160; that's his natural weight. He either fights down & just bullies people genetically smaller than him or fights bums who are close to him. & the one time he fought the best of the little guys, Floyd whooped his ass.

Give me GGG/Canelo or death lol.
Again, it's not just Arum.  Blaming him for any woes of the boxing world is corny.  Oscar is protecting his fighters too.

And I seem to remember Canelo moving up to middleweight to fight Cotto (albeit at a catchweight of 155, but it was still for the title) and beating him clearly... yes, Canelo is bigger than Cotto, but the fact of the matter was that he did move up in weight.

Floyd beat Canelo clearly, but saying he "whooped his ass" is a little overboard.