Author Topic: Suge Knight Sues Dr. Dre, Alleging Murder for Hire Plot  (Read 4203 times)

love33

Re: Suge Knight Sues Dr. Dre, Alleging Murder for Hire Plot
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 12:45:44 AM »
Dre dissed MC Ren on "What's The Difference", not Suge.

The "niggas I first drew with" were Death Row and he had Eminem diss Suge but edit his name out on "Toy Soldier"

soopa-man

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2017, 12:46:19 AM »
I don't remember "who do you believe in?" Getting any radio play or being popular at all in LA radio and I never heard the Top Dogg version of Cinderella at all either, snoops version was popular but death row fucked yo the momentum for it, so snoop and no limit dropped the video and promo for G Bedtime Stories instead.. i was in high school and remember being like wrf death row is on some biter ass shit with the whole fake chronic album with no Dre or Snoop on it but a bunch of phonies .. I bought it thinking the Dre tracks remained and the soopafly and Daz tracks but come on it was a weak ass album Late Night was dope to own but it wasn't the version Theo used to play on 92.3 the bear it had Quik rapping on it the whole cd was weird ...

Okka

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2017, 01:56:18 AM »
Dre dissed MC Ren on "What's The Difference", not Suge.

The "niggas I first drew with" were Death Row and he had Eminem diss Suge but edit his name out on "Toy Soldier"

No, it was aimed at Ren and that ain't even what Dre said.

"Then i got these fake-ass niggas i first blew with,
Claimin' they non-violent, talkin' like they Ruthless"

love33

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 12:54:09 AM »
I don't remember "who do you believe in?" Getting any radio play or being popular at all in LA radio and I never heard the Top Dogg version of Cinderella at all either, snoops version was popular but death row fucked yo the momentum for it, so snoop and no limit dropped the video and promo for G Bedtime Stories instead.. i was in high school and remember being like wrf death row is on some biter ass shit with the whole fake chronic album with no Dre or Snoop on it but a bunch of phonies .. I bought it thinking the Dre tracks remained and the soopafly and Daz tracks but come on it was a weak ass album Late Night was dope to own but it wasn't the version Theo used to play on 92.3 the bear it had Quik rapping on it the whole cd was weird ...

Yeah they had a video in rotation for Top Dogg "Cindafella" and "Who do U Believe In" was sent out as a radio single but had no video from what i remember and ststions played across the radio as the big hit Suge pushed with Top Dogg's track -- I loved Chronic 2K...the tracks with Daz and Mac Shawn "Its Goin Down" that shit I remember how hard that bumped and that beat was RAW -- I used to bump chronic 2k and daz dillinger RAW (death row album he stole and released) -- but yeah they prob couldve on the second disc replace Danny Boy and Michelle tracks with more Daz & Tha Realest tracks since they were the labels two top acts when it dropped followed by YGD who was sick and they actually had a song with Dr Dre and YGD lined up for it before the court ruled no Dre tracks

soopa-man

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 06:30:10 PM »
Yeah I remember the video now where the no limit chain gets ripped off by YGD and puts the death row chain on, it was kind a week but damn I think I seen it like once... that's when bet and MTV played videos but it was only bet rap city who played the video

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2017, 08:34:02 AM »
I'm still wondering how does Dre owe Suge any money. Dre has sued Death Row Records thru out the last 17 years (several times) over unpaid royalties that Dre claims was owed to him and never received. It's sad that Suge went from not paying Dre to saying that Dre owes him money. SMH! Suge thought that he had so much from Dre that he really felt that he had enough to destroy his career and him (as a man), when he didn't. It all backfired on Suge big time. He refused to let go and move forward. This is a big part as to why Suge is in the situation he's in to begin with.

Dre has lost every case he's tried for Royalties -- he wants his Royalties so bad, but he signed an agreement to hand over all material and cease and desist with Suge Knight and in return Suge Knight agreed not to interfere with his contractual agreements moving forward and his music credits, tickets, and promotions -- Suge went to his house and picked up the Master Recordings (Dre handed over everything he had as part of the deal) -- Dre was scared for his life because Pac was the #1 artist in the music industry bombing allover him and he wasn't producing any music for the company and wanted out -- his name was salted so he went and produced for Blackstreet and Nas -- after he left, he got a deal with Jimmy Iovine and then Jimmy Iovine opted out of the Death Row agreement and traded it to Priority Records (Huge for No Limit in the 90's and West Coast acts!) -- This was the MAIN Reason for the Beef with Death Row and Suge besides the behind the doors stuff that went on! Suge viewed Dre as messing with him and Jimmy's business relationship and getting his label pushed out on the label!  Then Suge took "The Chronic 2000" name and won the rights for it in court and in exchange Dre won the rights for none of his past releases owned by Suge to appear on the album known as "The Chronic 2000" -- "Who Do U Believe In" became a monster hit and "Top Dogg Cindafella" a minor hit -- Then Dre released "Dr. Dre 2001" and he dissed Suge on "What's The Difference" -- Kurupt made history as the ONLY artist to appear on both rival albums!

The new owners owe DRE Nothing -- the ONLY case Dre has ever won is that a judge ruled that the albums had to be packaged "as is" -- meaning that Death Row couldn't repackage "The Chronic" and change the tracklist other than using the hit records on compilation releases (i.e. Using "Nuthin But A G Thang" "Dre Day" or "Let Me Ride" on Death Row compilations) -- Death Row re-released The Chronic and had to pull it because they added a bunch of tracks

The new owners can release the album digital or however they want and they owe Dre nothing on it because of the agreement he signed drawn up by David Kenner with Suge he wrote it to transition with any future sale of the company at the time incase Suge ever decided to sell it -- Dre is so loaded up with cash he ties it up with litigation just to be an ass to the new owners because he doesn't want it to be released again and again and he gets no pay out of it --

He signed another dumb agreement with Eazy-E that allowed Eazy to collect royalties off him too -- Dre became a way better businessman when he left Death Row, but it's only because he put smarter people that had his own best interests around him

No, I remember a lot of that stuff. Me saying that "I'm still wondering how does Dre owe Suge any money" was based around the fact that Dre gave up so much to Suge (in parting ways with Death Row) and Suge took things as well. Dre has sued Death Row Records thru out the last 17 years (several times) over unpaid royalties that Dre claims was owed to him and never received. Dre was trying to get royalties thru out that time. Dre kept losing his cases. Even when Dre did sued for the rights to the album (which was around that time I think Koch aka E1 had ownership of the Death Row catalog), he lost that case. If someone agreed to receive royalties for his work, he should be paid. My point of my original statement was the fact that Dre has continue to fight Death Row in court for control of his music and for his money that he hasn't receive at the time. I don't think Dre was as much as scared people may think. I think it was simply about moving on and away from Suge because he was doing some disrespectful shit towards Dre and Dre didn't want to put himself at risk. He did give Suge the master tapes but, it's been rumor that prior to that Dre made copies of all of those tapes before handing them over.

That 1996 agreement made between Dre and Death Row was the same one used against Death Row in 1999, when Dre/Interscope threaten to sue Death Row because they were trying to released (new at the time) unreleased remixes of a few of Dre's unreleased songs without Dre's permission on Death Row's "The Chronic 2000" compilations, which would have been a violation of the 1996 agreement between Dre and Death Row. Death Row did change their track list for "The Chronic 2000", taking out those remixes and those previously released "Chronic" songs. (A few months later) Dre sued Death Row, seeking an injunction against the use of his trademark, seizure of products bearing the "Chronic" name, and an unspecified amount in damages against Death Row Records and the label's distributor, Priority Records. He was gonna call his album "Chronic 2000" and switched to "Chronic 2001" to stop confusion with the Death Row compilation ("The Chronic 2000"). Dre lost that lawsuit and kept the Chronic 2001 title but it was presented differently (with the green leaf and "2001" next to it on the cover).

Let me break down Dre's lawsuit against WideAwake (2010) that you was referring to, which Dre did win. The judge ruled that the albums had to be packaged "as is" -- meaning that Death Row couldn't repackage "The Chronic" and change the tracklist other than using the hit records on compilation releases (i.e. Using "Nuthin But A G Thang" "Dre Day" or "Let Me Ride" on Death Row compilations). Death Row re-released/repackaged "The Chronic" album as "The Chronic Re-Lit & From The Vault", which was in violation of (I think but, I maybe wrong) the 1996 agreement between Death Row and Dre. Plus, "The Chronic Re-Lit... " was released digitally on (itunes, Amazon, etc.), which was a violation in that same agreement between Dre and Death Row. That release was pulled/delete from WideAwake's catalog, Dre won the digital rights to "The Chronic" album (which is why it was exclusively officially streamed/released thur iTunes/Apple Music), Dre was entitled 100 percent of the profits of the digital sales of "The Chronic" album, and "The Ultimate Death Row compilation" (2009) was also pulled/delete from WideAwake's catalog because WideAwake released a previously unreleased version of Dre/Ice Cube's "Natural Born Killaz" song (which was released in the wrong speed of the audio) on the compilation without Dre's permission (That also was in violation of the 1996 agreement between Dre and Death Row) as a result.

I think Dre continued to go after Death Row simply because they continue to disrespect him (whether it was owned by Suge, Koch, or WideAwake) and he want his money that's owe to him. It's the principal of it all for him. Suge set to tone by constantly trying to destroy Dr. Dre and it didn't work. This is why it's sad to me that Suge's claiming that Dre owes him money, when Dre don't owe Suge a dime. I remember when Suge first made that claim on K-Day during his 4/20 interview in 2012 about a lifetime management deal. I don't believe it and even if so, why go after him in 2012 about that and no prior that? Dre left Death Row in early 1996 and you wait until 2012 to put that out there? It's just another way for Suge to try to get into Dre's pockets and try to benefit more off Dre. Dre don't owe that man nothing. It's not his fault that Suge fuck'd off his money and lost ownership of Death Row Records. All of that foul shit that Suge and his team was doing towards Dre and his team has caught up with Suge simply because Suge didn't want to let go of his issues with Dre and move forward without beefing with him.

love33

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2017, 01:55:26 AM »
I'm still wondering how does Dre owe Suge any money. Dre has sued Death Row Records thru out the last 17 years (several times) over unpaid royalties that Dre claims was owed to him and never received. It's sad that Suge went from not paying Dre to saying that Dre owes him money. SMH! Suge thought that he had so much from Dre that he really felt that he had enough to destroy his career and him (as a man), when he didn't. It all backfired on Suge big time. He refused to let go and move forward. This is a big part as to why Suge is in the situation he's in to begin with.

Dre has lost every case he's tried for Royalties -- he wants his Royalties so bad, but he signed an agreement to hand over all material and cease and desist with Suge Knight and in return Suge Knight agreed not to interfere with his contractual agreements moving forward and his music credits, tickets, and promotions -- Suge went to his house and picked up the Master Recordings (Dre handed over everything he had as part of the deal) -- Dre was scared for his life because Pac was the #1 artist in the music industry bombing allover him and he wasn't producing any music for the company and wanted out -- his name was salted so he went and produced for Blackstreet and Nas -- after he left, he got a deal with Jimmy Iovine and then Jimmy Iovine opted out of the Death Row agreement and traded it to Priority Records (Huge for No Limit in the 90's and West Coast acts!) -- This was the MAIN Reason for the Beef with Death Row and Suge besides the behind the doors stuff that went on! Suge viewed Dre as messing with him and Jimmy's business relationship and getting his label pushed out on the label!  Then Suge took "The Chronic 2000" name and won the rights for it in court and in exchange Dre won the rights for none of his past releases owned by Suge to appear on the album known as "The Chronic 2000" -- "Who Do U Believe In" became a monster hit and "Top Dogg Cindafella" a minor hit -- Then Dre released "Dr. Dre 2001" and he dissed Suge on "What's The Difference" -- Kurupt made history as the ONLY artist to appear on both rival albums!

The new owners owe DRE Nothing -- the ONLY case Dre has ever won is that a judge ruled that the albums had to be packaged "as is" -- meaning that Death Row couldn't repackage "The Chronic" and change the tracklist other than using the hit records on compilation releases (i.e. Using "Nuthin But A G Thang" "Dre Day" or "Let Me Ride" on Death Row compilations) -- Death Row re-released The Chronic and had to pull it because they added a bunch of tracks

The new owners can release the album digital or however they want and they owe Dre nothing on it because of the agreement he signed drawn up by David Kenner with Suge he wrote it to transition with any future sale of the company at the time incase Suge ever decided to sell it -- Dre is so loaded up with cash he ties it up with litigation just to be an ass to the new owners because he doesn't want it to be released again and again and he gets no pay out of it --

He signed another dumb agreement with Eazy-E that allowed Eazy to collect royalties off him too -- Dre became a way better businessman when he left Death Row, but it's only because he put smarter people that had his own best interests around him

No, I remember a lot of that stuff. Me saying that "I'm still wondering how does Dre owe Suge any money" was based around the fact that Dre gave up so much to Suge (in parting ways with Death Row) and Suge took things as well. Dre has sued Death Row Records thru out the last 17 years (several times) over unpaid royalties that Dre claims was owed to him and never received. Dre was trying to get royalties thru out that time. Dre kept losing his cases. Even when Dre did sued for the rights to the album (which was around that time I think Koch aka E1 had ownership of the Death Row catalog), he lost that case. If someone agreed to receive royalties for his work, he should be paid. My point of my original statement was the fact that Dre has continue to fight Death Row in court for control of his music and for his money that he hasn't receive at the time. I don't think Dre was as much as scared people may think. I think it was simply about moving on and away from Suge because he was doing some disrespectful shit towards Dre and Dre didn't want to put himself at risk. He did give Suge the master tapes but, it's been rumor that prior to that Dre made copies of all of those tapes before handing them over.

That 1996 agreement made between Dre and Death Row was the same one used against Death Row in 1999, when Dre/Interscope threaten to sue Death Row because they were trying to released (new at the time) unreleased remixes of a few of Dre's unreleased songs without Dre's permission on Death Row's "The Chronic 2000" compilations, which would have been a violation of the 1996 agreement between Dre and Death Row. Death Row did change their track list for "The Chronic 2000", taking out those remixes and those previously released "Chronic" songs. (A few months later) Dre sued Death Row, seeking an injunction against the use of his trademark, seizure of products bearing the "Chronic" name, and an unspecified amount in damages against Death Row Records and the label's distributor, Priority Records. He was gonna call his album "Chronic 2000" and switched to "Chronic 2001" to stop confusion with the Death Row compilation ("The Chronic 2000"). Dre lost that lawsuit and kept the Chronic 2001 title but it was presented differently (with the green leaf and "2001" next to it on the cover).

Let me break down Dre's lawsuit against WideAwake (2010) that you was referring to, which Dre did win. The judge ruled that the albums had to be packaged "as is" -- meaning that Death Row couldn't repackage "The Chronic" and change the tracklist other than using the hit records on compilation releases (i.e. Using "Nuthin But A G Thang" "Dre Day" or "Let Me Ride" on Death Row compilations). Death Row re-released/repackaged "The Chronic" album as "The Chronic Re-Lit & From The Vault", which was in violation of (I think but, I maybe wrong) the 1996 agreement between Death Row and Dre. Plus, "The Chronic Re-Lit... " was released digitally on (itunes, Amazon, etc.), which was a violation in that same agreement between Dre and Death Row. That release was pulled/delete from WideAwake's catalog, Dre won the digital rights to "The Chronic" album (which is why it was exclusively officially streamed/released thur iTunes/Apple Music), Dre was entitled 100 percent of the profits of the digital sales of "The Chronic" album, and "The Ultimate Death Row compilation" (2009) was also pulled/delete from WideAwake's catalog because WideAwake released a previously unreleased version of Dre/Ice Cube's "Natural Born Killaz" song (which was released in the wrong speed of the audio) on the compilation without Dre's permission (That also was in violation of the 1996 agreement between Dre and Death Row) as a result.

I think Dre continued to go after Death Row simply because they continue to disrespect him (whether it was owned by Suge, Koch, or WideAwake) and he want his money that's owe to him. It's the principal of it all for him. Suge set to tone by constantly trying to destroy Dr. Dre and it didn't work. This is why it's sad to me that Suge's claiming that Dre owes him money, when Dre don't owe Suge a dime. I remember when Suge first made that claim on K-Day during his 4/20 interview in 2012 about a lifetime management deal. I don't believe it and even if so, why go after him in 2012 about that and no prior that? Dre left Death Row in early 1996 and you wait until 2012 to put that out there? It's just another way for Suge to try to get into Dre's pockets and try to benefit more off Dre. Dre don't owe that man nothing. It's not his fault that Suge fuck'd off his money and lost ownership of Death Row Records. All of that foul shit that Suge and his team was doing towards Dre and his team has caught up with Suge simply because Suge didn't want to let go of his issues with Dre and move forward without beefing with him.

If Dre made copies of his 1996 masters (wouldn't doubt it, Dre is like a savvy accountant who likes to have records of all his stuff in his own personal vault), that would violate the 1996 agreement as he was supposed to handover originals, and all recording rights to Death Row Records as part of the deal.  Dre was afraid in 1996, and he admitted it in an interview as he said he just wanted to do music and he went into the Death Row studios and it was always the crips and bloods on one side of the room, then fights were breaking out left and right, freestyle competitions that turned into beatdowns, and he just wanted to do music.  Nate Dogg said the atmosphere was out of control, but he also had personal money disputes that may have caused him to say those things.  Dre was kind of marked as a "bitch" by Pac who was running around the studio faded and keyed up, calling him "Alize" and "Gay Ass Dre", bottles of alcohol, rapping over beats and putting out gems (anything he touched was a hit).  Judging by Dre's comments at the time, he wanted out of that atmosphere because he was either maturing and wanted to turn a different direction, saw the environment get crazy and thought it was completely out of control at the studio, and saw Pac as the leader and he had no room to try to mobilize now that he was third or fourth fiddle to Pac and Snoop on the label he CO-FOUNDED Originally!  Dre started "working from home" to either avoid conflicts and be in his own quiet behind-the-scenes arena, and he wasn't working at the same tempo as Pac & friends.  What was the strangest part in the transition of the label of all rights and recordings to Suge Knight's "Death Row Records", was that Dre allowed himself to be drove off his OWN label that he co-founded!  This reinforces the fact that he was scared and was looking for a way out to terminate ties in the quickest manner -- he personally wanted to end his lease with Death Row and start fresh because he was uncomfortable or scared, whatever you want to say.  And maybe he was right?  Pac ended up losing his life less than a year later and all the free MTV Promo and Interscope promo that drove the label got flushed down the toilet!  Losing the promo was the BIGGEST Blow to Death Row Records -- if they had that Interscope machine pushing the second Row generation, Tha Realest, Top Dogg, Soopafly, etc. would all be house names -- the Interscope machine had the Top Dogg "All About U" single in homes across the country -- Dre looked at Suge like a coach who let the team get completely out of control and he let his superstar Pac dictate the direction of the music with Suge's guidance -- Dre likes structure, but he is also SLOW to release anything -- Pac & Suge were fast workers (Suge never released shit unless he thought it would sell platinum, but he was a fast worker in the studio with the artists as was Pac) -- Dre became awkward at his own label (when you get that awkward feeling at work it's time to move on, when you get that awkward feeling at your own business, it's really time to let go!)

abusive

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »
Who do u believe in was not a hit. Maybe in Cali but certainly not around the country or the rest of the world.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

abusive

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 10:15:19 AM »
Suge Knight vs. Dr. Dre Lawsuit by mendle44 on Scribd
Source: https://www.scribd.com/document/328761796/Suge-Knight-vs-Dr-Dre-Lawsuit#from_embed
==========================================
Some of the points I found interesting from the court documents on Scridb were;
In '96 Dre signed over his fifty percent stake in DR, his publishing and copyright to the Chronic and waved his rights to rescission. (The abrogation of a contract, effective from its inception, thereby restoring the parties to the positions they would have occupied if no contract had ever been formed.

rescission) It also states that there was a lifetime management agreement that provided that Suge would earn thirty percent of Dre's entertainment earnings in perpetuity. That would mean that Suge would get thirty percent of not only Dre's cut in the Beats deal but also his earnings for the Straight out of Compton movie. The lawsuit claims that Detox was never released in an attempt to not have to pay Suge. It alleges that Universal and Apple were both aware of the management contract and that both companies tried to keep it hush so their respective brands wouldn't be associated with Suge.

It said that Terry Carter's last words were: "Get that muthafucka Bone."

Evidently the Tam's Burger spot where the incident took place at is a known spot where people get shot/murked at.

When Bone was trying to take the keys out of Suge's truck he put it in reverse. Had he not, instead of Suge backing up and the side mirror knocking down Bone (which caused Terry to come over) he could have just drove forward and Bone wouldn't have been run over and neither would have Terry.

Says that Dre was questioned by one time in regards to Suge being shot at 1Oak after shooter fingered Dre as being the person who initiated the shooting. The motive listed was that so Dre wouldn't have to pay the thirty percent cut to Suge for the Beats deal which had just taken place prior to the shooting. If you remember Suge mentions that management agreement via TMZ shortly after the deal was done.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/means-motives-and-opportunity-of-those-behind-the-murder-of-tupac-amaru-shakur-christopher-wallace.383558/page-5#post-21514451

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 12:10:45 PM »
Suge Knight vs. Dr. Dre Lawsuit by mendle44 on Scribd
Source: https://www.scribd.com/document/328761796/Suge-Knight-vs-Dr-Dre-Lawsuit#from_embed
==========================================
Some of the points I found interesting from the court documents on Scridb were;
In '96 Dre signed over his fifty percent stake in DR, his publishing and copyright to the Chronic and waved his rights to rescission. (The abrogation of a contract, effective from its inception, thereby restoring the parties to the positions they would have occupied if no contract had ever been formed.

rescission) It also states that there was a lifetime management agreement that provided that Suge would earn thirty percent of Dre's entertainment earnings in perpetuity. That would mean that Suge would get thirty percent of not only Dre's cut in the Beats deal but also his earnings for the Straight out of Compton movie. The lawsuit claims that Detox was never released in an attempt to not have to pay Suge. It alleges that Universal and Apple were both aware of the management contract and that both companies tried to keep it hush so their respective brands wouldn't be associated with Suge.

It said that Terry Carter's last words were: "Get that muthafucka Bone."

Evidently the Tam's Burger spot where the incident took place at is a known spot where people get shot/murked at.

When Bone was trying to take the keys out of Suge's truck he put it in reverse. Had he not, instead of Suge backing up and the side mirror knocking down Bone (which caused Terry to come over) he could have just drove forward and Bone wouldn't have been run over and neither would have Terry.

Says that Dre was questioned by one time in regards to Suge being shot at 1Oak after shooter fingered Dre as being the person who initiated the shooting. The motive listed was that so Dre wouldn't have to pay the thirty percent cut to Suge for the Beats deal which had just taken place prior to the shooting. If you remember Suge mentions that management agreement via TMZ shortly after the deal was done.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/means-motives-and-opportunity-of-those-behind-the-murder-of-tupac-amaru-shakur-christopher-wallace.383558/page-5#post-21514451

Interesting so he does have a lifetime management deal? 

dj coma

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »
No that's just what Suge's lawyers are alleging. Even if there is a document with Dre's signature on it there's plenty reason to be skeptic of it because numerous former artists have said Suge came up with forged contracts on them that they never signed. Plus how is Suge NEVER going to mention a lifetime management deal he has on Dre until now? How convenient.

abusive

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2017, 05:41:47 PM »
No that's just what Suge's lawyers are alleging. Even if there is a document with Dre's signature on it there's plenty reason to be skeptic of it because numerous former artists have said Suge came up with forged contracts on them that they never signed. Plus how is Suge NEVER going to mention a lifetime management deal he has on Dre until now? How convenient.
He mentioned it in the TMZ interview. A member here says he has a copy of the contract. I don't know the law but I don't think you can just make up ish in these types of situations.

dj coma

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2017, 11:11:45 PM »
He mentioned it in the TMZ interview. A member here says he has a copy of the contract. I don't know the law but I don't think you can just make up ish in these types of situations.

Well they are welcome to post up the contract, until then I'm calling bullshit.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2017, 06:21:23 AM »

Dre has lost every case he's tried for Royalties -- he wants his Royalties so bad, but he signed an agreement to hand over all material and cease and desist with Suge Knight and in return Suge Knight agreed not to interfere with his contractual agreements moving forward and his music credits, tickets, and promotions -- Suge went to his house and picked up the Master Recordings (Dre handed over everything he had as part of the deal) -- Dre was scared for his life because Pac was the #1 artist in the music industry bombing allover him and he wasn't producing any music for the company and wanted out -- his name was salted so he went and produced for Blackstreet and Nas -- after he left, he got a deal with Jimmy Iovine and then Jimmy Iovine opted out of the Death Row agreement and traded it to Priority Records (Huge for No Limit in the 90's and West Coast acts!) -- This was the MAIN Reason for the Beef with Death Row and Suge besides the behind the doors stuff that went on! Suge viewed Dre as messing with him and Jimmy's business relationship and getting his label pushed out on the label!  Then Suge took "The Chronic 2000" name and won the rights for it in court and in exchange Dre won the rights for none of his past releases owned by Suge to appear on the album known as "The Chronic 2000" -- "Who Do U Believe In" became a monster hit and "Top Dogg Cindafella" a minor hit -- Then Dre released "Dr. Dre 2001" and he dissed Suge on "What's The Difference" -- Kurupt made history as the ONLY artist to appear on both rival albums!

If Dre made copies of his 1996 masters (wouldn't doubt it, Dre is like a savvy accountant who likes to have records of all his stuff in his own personal vault), that would violate the 1996 agreement as he was supposed to handover originals, and all recording rights to Death Row Records as part of the deal.  Dre was afraid in 1996, and he admitted it in an interview as he said he just wanted to do music and he went into the Death Row studios and it was always the crips and bloods on one side of the room, then fights were breaking out left and right, freestyle competitions that turned into beatdowns, and he just wanted to do music.  Nate Dogg said the atmosphere was out of control, but he also had personal money disputes that may have caused him to say those things.  Dre was kind of marked as a "bitch" by Pac who was running around the studio faded and keyed up, calling him "Alize" and "Gay Ass Dre", bottles of alcohol, rapping over beats and putting out gems (anything he touched was a hit).  Judging by Dre's comments at the time, he wanted out of that atmosphere because he was either maturing and wanted to turn a different direction, saw the environment get crazy and thought it was completely out of control at the studio, and saw Pac as the leader and he had no room to try to mobilize now that he was third or fourth fiddle to Pac and Snoop on the label he CO-FOUNDED Originally!  Dre started "working from home" to either avoid conflicts and be in his own quiet behind-the-scenes arena, and he wasn't working at the same tempo as Pac & friends.  What was the strangest part in the transition of the label of all rights and recordings to Suge Knight's "Death Row Records", was that Dre allowed himself to be drove off his OWN label that he co-founded!  This reinforces the fact that he was scared and was looking for a way out to terminate ties in the quickest manner -- he personally wanted to end his lease with Death Row and start fresh because he was uncomfortable or scared, whatever you want to say.  And maybe he was right?  Pac ended up losing his life less than a year later and all the free MTV Promo and Interscope promo that drove the label got flushed down the toilet!  Losing the promo was the BIGGEST Blow to Death Row Records -- if they had that Interscope machine pushing the second Row generation, Tha Realest, Top Dogg, Soopafly, etc. would all be house names -- the Interscope machine had the Top Dogg "All About U" single in homes across the country -- Dre looked at Suge like a coach who let the team get completely out of control and he let his superstar Pac dictate the direction of the music with Suge's guidance -- Dre likes structure, but he is also SLOW to release anything -- Pac & Suge were fast workers (Suge never released shit unless he thought it would sell platinum, but he was a fast worker in the studio with the artists as was Pac) -- Dre became awkward at his own label (when you get that awkward feeling at work it's time to move on, when you get that awkward feeling at your own business, it's really time to let go!)

I never said that Dre gave Suge/Death Row copies of the master tapes. It was said that Dre made the copies for himself. He wanted copies of those tapes for himself because he knew that he was giving the master tapes to Suge. He wanted a copy of stuff he created or was apart of. So, that didn't violate any agreement nor would it. I don't recall Dre ever stating that he was afraid of Suge/Death Row or for his live at the time. He was just tired of the bullshit that was going surrounding the label like some of nonsense at Can-Am. Dre and Suge wasn't always seeing eye to eye regarding Death Row. Suge was allowing a bunch of dump shit to go on at the studio, Suge was making decisions with Dre's input like signing some of the artists, and Dre wasn't going to continue to tolerate that when it was his and Suge's company. I think part of him letting go of Death Row like he did was because Dre grew tired and stop caring about much of risk. He wanted to move on. He did get some of his money from Death Row. He didn't leave the label with 0 money, dispite Suge making those claims. Much of that money went to forming Aftermath and Jimmy (Interscope) backed him/invested into Aftermath. Dre was had enough and was tired of the nonsense at Death Row. Dre did try to bring some of the artists over there at Aftermath (like Michel'le and Sam Sneed) along with some of the production team (like Barney, Chris The Glove, etc). Some went along with Dre and some stayed at Death Row. Dre knew that he wouldn't be able to go after the top artists at Death Row like Snoop, Tha Dogg Pound, or The Lady of Rage over there because Suge had things in place on them (for the most part). Besides, Dre was the sound and to some degree Dre felt that he had an edge over Suge/Death Row because of that. Just like Suge felt he had an edge over Dre because he took so much from Dre. It wasn't like Dre left and didn't do anything at all. I don't think Dre was afraid 2Pac and wasn't really tripping about 2Pac saying all of that ugly shit about him because he knew that Suge was in his ear with that bullshit. He also knew that he was part of the reason Pac was over there at Death Row in the first place. Oh yeah, wasn't Michel'le the one who started that gay rumor over at Death Row about Dre (out of spite)? She started that shit and part of the reason she start messing with Suge was to get back at Dre. That's another discussion for another post.

abusive

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2017, 08:50:35 AM »

Well they are welcome to post up the contract, until then I'm calling bullshit.

I'll take jmix's word on it but I hear you. In the past things were said but the evidence was never provided. Once Russell Poole died and the evidence was released I saw that they wearnt just talking but actually sitting on the proof. I know they have a new project coming out tupac assassination 3 which has been promoted to have lots of documents. Maybe the contract will be in it.

If you guys haven't downloaded the scrib app to read the court docs I suggest you do.