Author Topic: Eazy-E Documentary Kickstarter Relaunches After Raising Only $2,805  (Read 344 times)

Okka

Despite the success of the Straight Outta Compton biopic on N.W.A, a Kickstarter created to raise funds for a documentary on the late Eazy-E, has failed.

The Kickstarter for A Ruthless Scandal: No More Lies, which was created by Eazy-E’s daughter Ebie Wright, hit the net in mid-September with a financial goal of $250,000.

Following a month of fundraising, the Kickstarter was only able to bring in $2,805 with the help of 63 backers.

With the first Kickstarter campaign now over, Wright has created a second fundraiser for the documentary. This time, the goal is only $100,000.

Thanks to an end date of December 14, the fundraiser will also benefit from an extended fundraising period. So far, the second Kickstarter has raised a little over $1,000.

According to the Kickstarter, Erica Wright is set to direct A Ruthless Scandal, with Tracy Jernagin serving as producer.

Last year, during an interview with DatzHott, Wright described the forthcoming documentary as “jaw-dropping.”

“I’m pretty much gonna touch on every little thing that people wanna know about and things that people don’t even know that they wanna know about yet,” she said. “It’s gonna be very jaw-dropping.

”http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.40980/title.eazy-e-documentary-kickstarter-relaunches-after-raising-only-2805

wedawest

• Lil Geezy
Re: Eazy-E Documentary Kickstarter Relaunches After Raising Only $2,805
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 04:15:34 AM »
Ruthless has been in such a bad way, over 20 years and next to no new material.. the boat has passed imo

SuperSpider

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 05:58:56 AM »
“I’m pretty much gonna touch on every little thing that people wanna know about''

With just $2,805 raised, it looks like people want to know far less than she thinks. Everyone is trying to cash in from the rap documentary tsunami wave at the same time and it is obviously not working out so well for most.  ;D ;D ;D

Konnekted

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »
I wanna see this documentary, too bad both Ruthless and Eazy's daugther's broke...