Author Topic: questions for topp dogg?  (Read 2644 times)

jmix

questions for topp dogg?
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:30:28 AM »
have an interview lined up. submit, if good ill ask.

Quadruple OG

Re: questions for topp dogg?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 03:35:49 PM »
1) what non-DR artists did he work with while signed to the label?
2) Did he have a full, completed album in the vaults?
3) His thoughts on Snoopafella/Cindafella, the leaking of the Inside Out Compilation
4) When/why did he leave the label

kuruptDPG

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 04:09:43 PM »
1) play him the recent leaked dr dre remix's that he was on and ask him his thoughts?
2) ask what other tracks did he remix with dr dre?
3) why wasnt he on too gangsta for radio?
4) what 2pac songs he rapped on? play for him "Hating U"
5) did he ever rap on any snoop songs?
6) ask him about "Dogg Dayz" and "One Deuce Six" albums?

Portugoal

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 01:50:30 AM »
How does he feel about the fact that when the possibility occurs people can submit questions for him they only come up with questions about stuff that happened 20 years ago?

Eddz

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 01:53:56 AM »
Ask him why did he try and base his whole career off biting Snoop.

Okka

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 02:48:12 AM »
You should ask him why did he stop posting here?

WestWestYA

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 04:16:23 AM »
Ask him why is he a snoop wannabe.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 05:34:00 AM »
How did he end up on the row, what was his original rapping name and style (any audio?), what influence did suge have on his image presentation and career? Did he know the Realest when he was still using his original stage name? If so how different was his style? Would he collaborate with snoop now?

kuruptDPG

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 02:45:26 PM »
top dogg said in a interview that :

DX: I know a lot of critics, radio deejays and fans at the time made the association with you and Snoop. There were records you made directed at him, and comments he made in the media directed at you and Suge Knight. I’m curious to know, when you signed, was it just “YGD” or were you always Top Dogg? How much of that came from label politics, and 10 years later, have you ever had the chance to speak with Snoop?

YGD Top Dogg: Actually, I had talked to Snoop [Dogg] after [The Source‘s 1998] magazine cover-story had come out, with the blue background. I called him up. I said, “What’s up, I heard you talkin’ that shit about me.” I had met him prior to that, at The Palace in [Los Angeles, for a radio concert]. Jay-Z was there, before he was [a superstar], Mack 10, Ice Cube – everybody was there. I did my song, and [Snoop Dogg and I] chopped it up right before that. He was just tryin’ to give me some game. Then I saw [the interview publish]. Now that I think about it, he probably said [the negative things] before we met. [Laughs]

After I saw what he said, I started goin’ in, on the video and all that shit, like “Fuck you too.” However, we gotta respect and pay homage to our legends. That’s my thing now. New cats in the game are disrespectin’ mothafuckas that’s paved the way for ’em. I think, I was that same nigga though. [Chuckles] I’m human, but I love talkin’ [freely].

can you ask him more about this

Mietek23

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 12:21:08 PM »
Ask him if he still has that "2 Tuff" demo, that made Suge sign him :)

Ask him about Eastwood - I've heard he was instrumental into bringing him to Death Row (they were from the same neighborhood I believe)

What was his first impression of Tha Realest? Did he had some objections from working with him?

Did he always sounded like Snoop or was it Suge's influence to try replicate the success?

Did he ever thought that Suge only signed him for his resemblence of Snoop?

He signed to Tha Row when Snoop was still on board - did they had a chance to talk while still both on the label?

Why it took him so long to drop "The Renegade" album? It was first advertised in 2006, but dropped in 2011...

What was the reason for tracks recorded @ Death Row to being featured on "The Renegade"?

He said in some interview, that he never recorded an album on Death Row, but a demo submitted to Suge called "Evry Dogg Has His Day" leaked since then - ask him what's up with that?  :)

jmix

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 10:40:37 AM »
Ask him if he still has that "2 Tuff" demo, that made Suge sign him :)

Ask him about Eastwood - I've heard he was instrumental into bringing him to Death Row (they were from the same neighborhood I believe)

What was his first impression of Tha Realest? Did he had some objections from working with him?

Did he always sounded like Snoop or was it Suge's influence to try replicate the success?

Did he ever thought that Suge only signed him for his resemblence of Snoop?

He signed to Tha Row when Snoop was still on board - did they had a chance to talk while still both on the label?

Why it took him so long to drop "The Renegade" album? It was first advertised in 2006, but dropped in 2011...

What was the reason for tracks recorded @ Death Row to being featured on "The Renegade"?

He said in some interview, that he never recorded an album on Death Row, but a demo submitted to Suge called "Evry Dogg Has His Day" leaked since then - ask him what's up with that?  :)

some of these are really good thank you.

Arthur Bishop

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »
Just Curious, what did Sir-Rat give in exchange for the interview.

abusive

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 03:20:35 PM »
Ask him some questions about the federal racketeering situation that took place at DR.
==================================
r u going to drop the majesty interview or nah?
Wilt thou interview; Yasmine Fula, Dj Daryl, Keisha Morris, Mickey Rourke, Kidada Jones, Papa G, Michael Carlin, Dogman, Tracy Robinson, Pac's lawyer handling his sexual abuse case. Please bring back Kurt Kobane!

Can we get some sort of group chat interview going with multiple people?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

jmix

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 05:28:56 PM »
Just Curious, what did Sir-Rat give in exchange for the interview.
At first your moms telephone number, but they refused so I gave them 83 bux in food stamps

kuruptDPG

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »
when will u interview him j?