Author Topic: questions for topp dogg?  (Read 2645 times)

2Relevant

Re: questions for topp dogg?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »
these can easily be answered lol

1. he was on the intro on track 1
2. those two biters will never make a album they pretty much dead lol
3. im sure it was the highlight of his entire music career cause he didn't do shit after

Lol dude you hatin bad! He became an overnight celebrity when "All Bout U" dropped and they spun him allover tv, then it was followed up with the hit record "Top Dogg Cindafella" which he sold a million platinum units on Chronic 2000 album - Also, theres a rumor he had 5 tracks on TGFR and one of them was with Eastwood called "If you can't take the Heat" and DMX recorded a track for TGFR that never made the album

What? Did "Chronic 2000" go platinum?

Nah, it reached around 700k units tho, which was hella good @ that time for Death Row.

Where did you read that from?

the number don't surprise me east coast rappers and the south were taking over no one really cared bout dr at that time well in the u.s

love33

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2017, 06:24:21 PM »
It sold over a million units because each sale counts as 2 units being that it's a double CD -- Suge & Kurupt both said it was well over a million units sold -- if you're saying 700k sold, well that's 1.4 million, but I believe it's closer to 2 million units -- it charted at #11 on the Billboard Charts and comparing sales numbers it outsold Snoop's last 3 albums! Shows you how wack some of those artists are without Suge Knight leading the way!

dj coma

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 12:27:35 PM »
It sold over a million units because each sale counts as 2 units being that it's a double CD -- Suge & Kurupt both said it was well over a million units sold -- if you're saying 700k sold, well that's 1.4 million, but I believe it's closer to 2 million units -- it charted at #11 on the Billboard Charts and comparing sales numbers it outsold Snoop's last 3 albums! Shows you how wack some of those artists are without Suge Knight leading the way!

It did not go platinum. 700k sounds in line with what I heard back in the day, and that was taking into consideration the fact that it was a double album. So it really was more like 350k.

Mietek23

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 12:44:17 PM »

3. im sure it was the highlight of his entire music career cause he didn't do shit after

Lol dude you hatin bad! He became an overnight celebrity when "All Bout U" dropped and they spun him allover tv, then it was followed up with the hit record "Top Dogg Cindafella" which he sold a million platinum units on Chronic 2000 album - Also, theres a rumor he had 5 tracks on TGFR and one of them was with Eastwood called "If you can't take the Heat" and DMX recorded a track for TGFR that never made the album

Nah, it reached around 700k units tho, which was hella good @ that time for Death Row.

I remember seeing it on old DR website (forgot the name of it) years ago (around 2006) - it had numbers to every DR release and these were the numbers.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2017, 12:54:34 AM »

the number don't surprise me east coast rappers and the south were taking over no one really cared bout dr at that time well in the u.s

ok correa

love33

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2017, 11:05:27 PM »
DMX and Cash Money/No Limit was makin all the $$$ cause 97 was just a Row year with Suge in Jail -- 97 was Mack 10, Death Row unreleased 2pac tracks, Bone, etc.