Author Topic: E-40: The D-Boy Diary: Book 1 & 2 (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 1342 times)

doggfather

E-40: The D-Boy Diary: Book 1 & 2 (Official Discussion Thread)
« on: November 16, 2016, 01:21:30 AM »

toughts?

Stack it to the Ceiling
Straight To The Point (f. Ezale and G-Eazy)
Savage (f. Jazze Pha and B­-Legit)
Puttin’ in Work
Mr. Arm and Hammer (f. Stresmatic)
Hunedz (f. Rick Rock)
Fired Up (f. Cousin Fik)
Bag On Me (f. K.D. Stunts)
Say So (f. iStevie)
Stay Away (f. Eric Bellinger)
Somebody (f. Ricco Barrino)
All Day (f. Gucci Mane)
The Grit Don’t Quit (f. Nef The Pharaoh)
Fake Lit (f. June Onna Beat)
Goon Music (f. Stresmatic)
Gangsta Song (f. Kent Jones)
Blessed By The Game
We Flip (f. Cousin Fik, Choose Up Cheese and Stresmatic)
I Had It In a Drought (f. Stresmatic)
Check (f. Willy Will)
Made It Out (f. Young Chu)

Bring Back The Sideshow (f. Mistah F.A.B. and Nef The Pharaoh)
Money (f. Mozzy and Jay Rock)
This Goin’ Up (f. Husalah and Turf Talk)
On One (f. AD)
Get Money or Get Lost
Highway (f. B-Legit and TreSolid)
Sick Out Here (f. Droop-E)
Thank U (f. Willy Will)
Military Time (f. Salsalino and Baby Treeze)
Uh Huh (f. YV)
2 Seater (f. Kid Ink)
What It’s Gone Be (f. D-Day and Tamoya Bell)
How Do U Like That
I Know a Guy
All I Know (f. K Camp and Casey Veggies)
Waitin’ On a Play (f. Nicamari)
Tycoon
Broke Bitches (f. Joe Moses and Jay 305)
Flash On These Bitches (f. Lil B)
Too Many
Paid Off (f. Stresmatic)
Slappin (f. Nef the Pharaoh & D.R.A.M.) [BONUS]
Petty (f. Kamaiyah) [BONUS]
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dogg Ly Dogg

Re: E-40: The D-Boy Diary: Book 1 & 2 (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 11:14:10 AM »
I'm a huge fan of E-40, he's on my Top 10 fav rappers of all time and I own all his catalogue in CDs but dropping 2,3 albums at the same type is hard to digest.
I mean like he said it's all blaps but 44 songs with all the albums dropping nowaday you can't even listen to this and appreciate it properly so for the last 5 years I always remember the singles from his albums because I only listen to them for a couple weeks  :(

Regarding these 2 new ones, it's blappin' as usual, I like Book 2 better and my favorite song is the Mozzy/Jay Rock assisted song  8)

Goon_574

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 05:18:17 PM »
Its ok so far i guess ...alot of the hyphy/trap type beats which ive never been a fan of

WestWestYA

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 09:23:51 PM »
Absolute TRASH. Worst 40 album to date. Poverty EP was perfect for 40. These 2 Cd's sounded exactly the same and heard it all before from 40 since 2004. This album gave me brain damage listening to it. So i had to hear some Wu-Tang to heal my poor brain.

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 11:15:35 PM »
IMO i am the biggest 40 fan on this forum (or at least one of em) but honestly i am tired of these double albums he doin. Half of the tracks are fillers.

The 1st pair of these (Revenue Retrievin': Day Shift and Night Shift) was strong as phuck. Lot of bangers, lot of videos, but after that. :-X

These albums are long as phuck, repetitive, lot of filler.

I love to hear an album bout 12-16 track without any filler and minimum featurings..

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 12:51:39 PM »
I'm a huge fan of E-40, he's on my Top 10 fav rappers of all time and I own all his catalogue in CDs but dropping 2,3 albums at the same type is hard to digest.
I mean like he said it's all blaps but 44 songs with all the albums dropping nowaday you can't even listen to this and appreciate it properly so for the last 5 years I always remember the singles from his albums because I only listen to them for a couple weeks  :(

Regarding these 2 new ones, it's blappin' as usual, I like Book 2 better and my favorite song is the Mozzy/Jay Rock assisted song  8)

I haven't heard the albums in full yet but I definitely agree with the bolded 100% and I'll probably also agree with that last part hah

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 12:52:49 PM »

I love to hear an album bout 12-16 track without any filler and minimum featurings..

agreed but I'll still take the B-Legit and Sick Wid It features and some others

Chef_YRD

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 02:47:55 PM »
Absolute TRASH. Worst 40 album to date. Poverty EP was perfect for 40. These 2 Cd's sounded exactly the same and heard it all before from 40 since 2004. This album gave me brain damage listening to it. So i had to hear some Wu-Tang to heal my poor brain.

Haha bruh what do you expect a reinvention of himself at almost 50? Everything I've heard has been dope so far
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

WestWestYA

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 02:59:05 PM »

Haha bruh what do you expect a reinvention of himself at almost 50? Everything I've heard has been dope so far
Retire and sell liquor.

doggfather

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 05:15:25 AM »
book 2 is better. but just a little bit.

none of em is on the top 15 e-40 albums.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Chef_YRD

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 02:24:56 PM »

Retire and sell liquor.

😂😂😂😂 hate it or love it the kids still want to hear him...he has to be the most featured OG and every comment I've seen has been positive on YouTube...clearly he's dumbed his stuff down a bit but it's not trash by any means....
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Recognize

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 12:39:34 PM »

Retire and sell liquor.

😂😂😂😂 hate it or love it the kids still want to hear him...he has to be the most featured OG and every comment I've seen has been positive on YouTube...clearly he's dumbed his stuff down a bit but it's not trash by any means....

I wouldnt worry too much about an opinion on e40 coming from a guy who jacks off to MC Eiht CD covers and posters on the daily.

WestWestYA

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »

Retire and sell liquor.

I wouldnt worry too much about an opinion on e40 coming from a guy who jacks off to MC Eiht CD covers and posters on the daily.
wow just wow.

dameons

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 07:52:21 PM »
Garbage ...says he is reppin the bay but puts out trap/ratchet music...He nut rides the south like there's no tomorrow.