Author Topic: Would Wutang Forever have been classic if one disc?  (Read 408 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Would Wutang Forever have been classic if one disc?
« on: December 16, 2016, 08:19:08 AM »
36 Chambers was a 5 mic classic---Could they have had two classics back to back if Wutang forever was one disc?  I mean "Reunited" and "For Heavens Sake" just explodes off the gates them shits is a certified bangers I mean the intensity that everyone comes with including guests like Cappadona is fuckin powerful---- but off the top of my head I can't even recall the opening tracks off the other disc, I only remember one long shitty pointless intro on one of the discs.  There were a lot of leftovers if I remember correctly, spaced between bangers.  Which basically watered down the album and made it seem like an excuse to raise the price of the album.   This was the era after 2pac and Biggie had made it fashionable and everyone started following the trend and making serious bank.

I think they had the perfect lead single with "Triumph" and follow up single "It's Yours" had that larger than life Wu Effect-- and the Wu were still well within their prime.  This should of been a classic single disc album but they got sloppy.

Agree?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 08:52:46 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

Re: Would Wutang Forever have been classic if one disc?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »
AEOM is the perfect double album IMO, all the rest that came afterwards had skippable joints..."Wu-Tang Forever" falls under that category and even "Life After Death" was not perfect

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 12:47:13 PM »
AEOM is the perfect double album IMO, all the rest that came afterwards had skippable joints..."Wu-Tang Forever" falls under that category and even "Life After Death" was not perfect

I remember disc 2 of AEOM, the first time I really just listened to it in the summer of 1996. I only listened to disc 1, and disc 1 was perfect to me. So when I finally stopped listening to disc 1 and put in disc 2, it was like getting a whole new 2Pac album and it a perfect follow up. Then when EVERYONE had a double disc in the late 90's, Biggie, Bone, Wu Tang, Master P, Kurupt, E-40, Cypress Hill a little later; it just really felt like no one could make that perfect double disc without fillers. With that said, could Wu Tang Forever be a double disc if it was only one disc, YES! Most those double disc could have been absolute classics with only 1 disc, and the late 90's would have rivaled the late-80's for number of classic albums, where it felt like every album was 5 Mic or XXL worthy. But Wu Tang Forever especially, as it was it was the closest to classic as a double album.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 09:29:16 PM »

I remember disc 2 of AEOM, the first time I really just listened to it in the summer of 1996. I only listened to disc 1, and disc 1 was perfect to me. So when I finally stopped listening to disc 1 and put in disc 2, it was like getting a whole new 2Pac album and it a perfect follow up. Then when EVERYONE had a double disc in the late 90's, Biggie, Bone, Wu Tang, Master P, Kurupt, E-40, Cypress Hill a little later; it just really felt like no one could make that perfect double disc without fillers. With that said, could Wu Tang Forever be a double disc if it was only one disc, YES! Most those double disc could have been absolute classics with only 1 disc, and the late 90's would have rivaled the late-80's for number of classic albums, where it felt like every album was 5 Mic or XXL worthy. But Wu Tang Forever especially, as it was it was the closest to classic as a double album.

Nice post... I liked kurupts concept of east and west disc... but too much damn filler, it could've been a quality album if it was one disc with the bonus tracks coming in on time
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:52:58 AM »
Yeah "Kuruption" was the perfect example that less would've been more...most of the westcoast disc was dope but the East Coast disc was very inconsistent

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 06:38:03 AM »
Yeah "Kuruption" was the perfect example that less would've been more..

so do wu forever.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

HighEyeCue

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 09:23:38 AM »
Yeah "Kuruption" was the perfect example that less would've been more..

so do wu forever.

Yeah but "Wu-Tang Forever" had more dope cuts overall, like M Dogg said it is the closest after AEOM and LAD to be a classic double album..."Kuruption" had only about 3 or 4 dope cuts out of 11 on the East Coast Disc

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 09:39:12 AM »
Most double discs can

AEOM and LAD are classics tho