Author Topic: WOW!!! The crazy world of Bug Chasers: Men who long to be HIV +  (Read 151 times)

Quakaveli

Man this story is fuckin crazy, and iz actually true...isnt it mind-blowing to know how diverse this world iz  :-X seriously tho this fuckin article shows some crazy ass people, and theres a lot of em...

heres da link:
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=17380

-------------------
This isnt the whole article...the full article is long, if u find da beginning interesting click da link n peep it all:

Bug Chasers

The men who long to be HIV+

Carlos nonchalantly asks whether his drink was made with whole or skim milk. He takes a moment to slurp on his grande Caffe Mocha in a crowded Starbucks, and then he gets back to explaining how much he wants HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. His eyes light up as he says that the actual moment of transmission, the instant he gets HIV, will be "the most erotic thing I can imagine." He seems like a typical thirty-two-year-old man, but, in fact, he has a secret life. Carlos is chasing the bug.
"I know what the risks are, and I know that putting myself in this situation is like putting a gun to my head," he says. Some of that mountain music that's so popular is playing, making the moment even more surreal as a Southern voice sings, "Keep on the sunny side of life" behind Carlos. "But I think it turns the other guy on to know that I'm negative and that they're bringing me into the brotherhood. That gets me off, too."

I met Carlos in New York's Greenwich Village, the neighborhood where he usually hangs out. He is tall, with a large build, and plenty of gay men find him attractive. His longish, curly-wavy hair is jet-black with golden highlights, and his face is soft and just a bit feminine. He has a very appealing smile and laugh, and he's a funny guy sometimes. The conversation veers from the banal -- his fascination with the reality show The Amazing Race -- to his desire for HIV. Carlos' tone never changes when switching from one topic to the other.

When asked whether he is prepared to live with HIV after that "erotic" moment, Carlos dismisses living with HIV as a minor annoyance. Like most bug chasers, he has the impression that the virus just isn't such a big deal anymore: "It's like living with diabetes. You take a few pills and get on with your life." Carlos spends the afternoon continually calling a man named Richard, someone he met on the Internet. They met on barebackcity.com about a year ago, while Carlos was still with his boyfriend. That boyfriend left because Carlos was having sex with other men and because he was interested in barebacking -- the practice of having sex without a condom. Carlos and Richard are arranging a "date" for later that day.

Carlos is part of an intricate underground world that has sprouted, driven almost completely by the Internet, in which men who want to be infected with HIV get together with those who are willing to infect them. The men who want the virus are called "bug chasers," and the men who freely give the virus to them are called "gift givers." While the rest of the world fights the AIDS epidemic and most people fear HIV infection, this subculture celebrates the virus and eroticizes it. HIV-infected semen is treated like liquid gold. Carlos has been chasing the bug for more than a year in a topsy-turvy world in which every convention about HIV is turned upside down. The virus isn't horrible and fearsome, it's beautiful and sexy -- and delivered in the way that is most likely to result in infection. In this world, the men with HIV are the most desired, and the bug chasers will do anything to get the virus -- to "get knocked up," to be "bred" or "initiated into the brotherhood."

Like a lot of sexual fetishes and extreme behaviors, bug chasing could not exist without the Internet, or at least it couldn't thrive. Prior to the advent of Web surfing and e-mail, it would have been practically impossible for bug chasing to happen in any great numbers, because it's still not acceptable to walk up to a stranger and say you want the virus. But the Internet's anonymity and broad access make it possible to find someone with like interests, no matter how outlandish. Carlos surfs online about twenty hours a week looking for men to have sex with, usually frequenting sites such as bareback.com and barebackcity.com, plus a number of Internet discussion groups. Most of the Web sites use the pretense that they actually are about barebacking, which is in itself risky and controversial but still a long way from bug chasing. For the Web sites, that distinction is at best razor-thin and more often just an outright lie. "We got Poz4Poz, Neg4Neg and bug chasers looking to join the club," the welcome page to barebackcity.com, which claims 48,000 registered users, up from 28,000 about a year ago, recently said. "Be the first to seed a newbie and give him a pozitive attitude!"

Within this online community, bug chasers revel in their desires, using their own lingo about "poz" and "neg" men, "bug juice" and "conversion" from negative to positive. User profiles include names such as BugChaser21, Knockmeup, BugMeSoon, ConvertMeSir, PozCum4NegHole and GiftGiver. The posters are upfront about seeking HIV, even extremely enthusiastic, possibly because the Web sites are about the only place a bug seeker can really express his desires openly. Under turn-ons, a poster called PozMeChgo craves a "hot poz load deep in me. I really want to be converted!! Breed me/seed me!" Carlos' profile on one Web site lists his screen name as ConvertMe, and he says he wants a man "to fill me up with that poison seed." His AOL Instant Messenger name is Bug Juice Wanted.
(click da link to read the rest)
Post up ur comments on what U think of dis shit, lol..peace.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2003, 02:37:12 PM by Terroristic Murdah: Operation Quake »

TheSheriff

Re:WOW!!! The crazy world of Bug Chasers: Men who long to be HIV +
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 02:42:16 PM »
I had thought of posting this a while back, but couldn't be bothered. Very disturbing.

OutSider

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 01:37:43 AM »
i look at it this way, if he contacts HIV he will no longer be able to work and live off Social Socurity if he gets a genuious Social Worker who can grant him this. He gets free treatment and if caught on time, he has a good chance of HIV clearing from his body... if he catches least then 6 months of contact and had an ok t-cell and low v-load before treatment.

all in all they treat some HIV and AIDS patents better then the cancer patents..............

Quakaveli

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2003, 01:53:01 AM »
bump for those that never got to read this shit :o

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa

Duncan1

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 08:34:35 AM »
He is a suicidal homosexuals looking to hookup.

-Case solved-

;D

Hater Player

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 09:07:04 PM »
i look at it this way, if he contacts HIV he will no longer be able to work and live off Social Socurity if he gets a genuious Social Worker who can grant him this. He gets free treatment and if caught on time, he has a good chance of HIV clearing from his body... if he catches least then 6 months of contact and had an ok t-cell and low v-load before treatment.

all in all they treat some HIV and AIDS patents better then the cancer patents..............

do u have hiv or somthing becaus it seems like ur on this guys side