Author Topic: Killer is sentance to DIE BY CHAIR!  (Read 1580 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Killer is sentance to DIE BY CHAIR!
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2003, 06:43:14 PM »
Owen, what's gotten into you? I've noticed the little barbs you've been throwing lately, what did I say something that offended you?  I've went out of my way to be nice to you, and you're treating me like a punk lately.  

TilMakaveliReturns

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »
I agree with Owen on this one.... and Trauma stop crying, I'm sure he still likes you  ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2003, 09:44:00 PM »
I'm not crying, I'm just testing my theory.  

TheSheriff

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2003, 04:27:46 AM »
Owen, what's gotten into you? I've noticed the little barbs you've been throwing lately, what did I say something that offended you?  I've went out of my way to be nice to you, and you're treating me like a punk lately.  

How can my last post directed at you be construed as a barb?

Lost Titan

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Titans ruled the cosmos before the Olympians.
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2003, 07:47:21 AM »
thats right, the person who killed the three rialto boys.. one being my friend Jason two years ago is being sent to the CHAIR!.... JUSTICE IS SERVED!
good
The Titans, also known as the elder gods, ruled the earth before the Olympians overthrew them. The ruler of the Titans was Cronus who was de-throned by his son Zeus. Most of the Titans fought with Cronus against Zeus and were punished by being banished to Tartarus

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2003, 09:45:02 AM »
Firstly, CWalker, you truly do have some kind of fucked up mentality. Amnesty international in no way concentrates on the western countries. It spends FAR more time on third world countries (note: the campaign to overturn nigerias death sentance by stoning of a woman who commited adultery) I actually have heard very little from them about abuses in western countries. As for iraq, amnesty had been highlighting the crisis there for the last decade and no-one said shit. I can understand you condemning the french government etc, but an organisation that has saved millions does not deserve your branding of it as simply a "left-wing organisation" just because they publish a report condeming the death penalty worldwide and, the ultimate sin, america( they used the united states because it is possible to obtain statistics to prove innocents get killed and depends on race; this is not us bashing, this is is taking an example we can relate to) As for saying it deters crime, thats bullshit, if your gonna commit a murder its not gonna matter if u get 25yrs or death, because you'll either be 1. insane or 2.evil 3. in a rage. In none of these states can youweigh those options up. So the real losers are the innocent or those that did it in self defense etc etc.

And trauma, you may seem it is us bashing and I agree that the middle east is horrific in this regard. But how does it make you feel that your country engages in the same barbaric actions. I cant off the top of my head think of other countries where it takes place in the western world, and the fact is the us still has much higher crime rates, thus deterence isnt working.In Ireland the max sentence is about 30yrs and we only get about 40-60 murders a year.
In conclusion, i dont think the death penalty is the answer, because revenge simply doesnt heal the hurt caused. Where would the world be if we followed this train of thought. Every civilian the brits killed in ireland over the years would have to be accounted for by killing british. 5million germans would have to be killed for the holocaust. thousands of americans would have to be killed for previous wars. It wouldnt work. Two wrongs dont make a right. I'll listen to your answer trauma coz you have valid points but cwalker you really need to travel or something man and open your mind.
ITW
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

TheSheriff

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2003, 10:07:33 AM »
ITW, thanks for exposing cwalker's ignorance over Amnesty.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2003, 03:24:05 PM »
Post the Amnesty International report, because I am telling you that the death penalty is NOT racist.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 03:49:26 PM by Owen »

mauzip

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2003, 06:49:54 PM »
In conclusion, i dont think the death penalty is the answer, because revenge simply doesnt heal the hurt caused. Where would the world be if we followed this train of thought. Every civilian the brits killed in ireland over the years would have to be accounted for by killing british. 5million germans would have to be killed for the holocaust. thousands of americans would have to be killed for previous wars. It wouldnt work. Two wrongs dont make a right. I'll listen to your answer trauma coz you have valid points but cwalker you really need to travel or something man and open your mind.
ITW

dude, every situation is different, but death penalty is also a way to PREVENT crime!

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2003, 10:35:16 AM »
cwalker, it was a newspaper report on the findings. ill try and find it if it hasnt been thrown out... stay put ill go look for it now...
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2003, 10:52:40 AM »
ok, found it...ill type up the intro and the stats used etc...

Amnesty links race with death penalty, Friday 25 April 2003
By Conor O'Clery in New York

On March 7th the US Supreme Court stopped Texas from excecuting its 300th inmate since cap punishment  since 1977...delma banks had ate his last meal and was ten minutes away from death before the call was made.....more stuff bout the dude, now the stats....

"The report, which renews  amnestys call for the end of capital punishment, states that black and whites are victims of murder in almost equal numbers in the us, but 80% of the more than 840 people excecuted since judicial killing resumed in 1977 were put to death for murders involving white victims.
Most murders involve perpetrators and victims of the same race, yet nearly 200 blacks have been executed for the murder of white victims, 15 times the number of whites put to death for killing blacks and at least twice as many as the number of blacks executed for the murder of other blacks. African Americans account for 12% of the population, but make up more than 40% of inmates on death row and one in three of those executed. One in four blacks put to death for killing whites were tried in front of all white juries..."

it goes on a bit more but refers more to specific cases. That is the main figures given for the race argument, so i hope it answers your question

ITW

and @mauzip, i suppose it is a bit of a deterent but dont you think its terribly barbaric for a countrywho "promotes" peace?
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

mauzip

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2003, 06:37:47 PM »
and @mauzip, i suppose it is a bit of a deterent but dont you think its terribly barbaric for a countrywho "promotes" peace?

no

promoting peace and punishing people are 2 different things

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2003, 08:33:00 AM »
So we are taught not to kill, but if we do, that rule no longer applies and you will be killed?

I understand that many of these people deserve to die and are a threat to people until they are killed but i really dont think we have the right to pass judgement on someones right to LIVE. Innocents get convicted, and killed, and therefore are murdered. These people did nothing wrong except be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Can we live with even ONE of these wrongful deaths, when they could just be put in prison, leaving them at least a hope in the future of being proven innocent. It seems only logical
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2003, 01:07:53 PM »
CWalker - address this.

Texas put to death more people than all the other states combined last year.
Yet three out of the top five cities for crime were Texan.

So how does this correspond to your theory that the death sentence deters crime?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2003, 08:08:29 PM »
CWalker - address this.

Texas put to death more people than all the other states combined last year.
Yet three out of the top five cities for crime were Texan.

So how does this correspond to your theory that the death sentence deters crime?

Shut the hell up.