Author Topic: Tha Realest -- Special Kind of Mother  (Read 5777 times)

love33

Re: Tha Realest -- Special Kind of Mother
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 10:15:14 PM »
1) Duh, I know it was "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy" - If you read my post, they pushed it back and renamed it to "Hoodstar" after multiple delays -- Yes Crooked I had a release date of September 10, 2002, go look it up!
2) Nate Dogg had to do a shared publishing deal where if Suge wanted to release it he could -- Many of Suge's artists have been tied up for years in the court system -- even on the latest Death Row bankruptcy proceedings, Suge sued the new owners of Death Row for $146 million so none of the artists could get anything (smart move)
Go Listen to the Danny Boy Interviews and Educate yourself

Top Dogg:
YES, Top Dogg was the Top Dogg for the label -- he had an album called "Every Dogg has Its Day" -- This album title was posted on the WEBSITE and I have the album (and so do many other people) -- he said that because he's trying to promote his new work, and doesn't want people salivating over the Death Row classics, because he knows that's what his career will likely be known for (maybe he can prove me wrong?)

Now back to your claim -- Your totally wrong -- Suge put him on MULTIPLE TRACKS with Dr. Dre -- If you had NO PLANS for an artist, would you have him on multiple Dr. Dre tracks?! I mean there's a lot!  Some of them that leaked -- "the Hoe Hopper, Die MF Die, the Columbine One that's rare as f... just think for a second -- you're in charge of the record label -->  Put your business cap on, are you going to have your multi-million dollar producer's beats be put on some guy that you only have plans to be a scrub? Hell no, that would be a terrible investment -- He put him on Dre Beats to promote the shit out of him!  How many people can say they've been on Dr. Dre beats and on Death Row Records -- Top Dogg was ONE OF A VERY FEW SELECT GROUP -- Dre doesn't even have that much shit released post NWA!

Since reading seems to be a little difficult for you, let me repost what Top Dogg specifically said about an album on Death Row from the interview you keep bringing up.
DX: You were, if I’m not mistaken, the last Death Row artist to have his own video, of the new guys. Years later, you have Renegade out. But on the real, how close did you ever get to releasing an album at Death Row?

YGD Top Dogg: Actually, we never really got to an album. I’m so grateful and thankful for that, ’cause I’m able to [release] my own album [now]. I did a lot of singles over there at Death Row, but I never had an album that I was actually working on. I was just workin’ on songs. I was still just an artist in development. I just blessed to be on songs so big that motherfuckas still play ’em on the radio, and still remember ’em.

DX: What happened next? What progressed?

YGD Top Dogg: I was ready, but I wasn’t developed. I’d just been rappin’ for a year or two, and I was on a [very well-known] label. We made it. [Laughs] I just took that and ran with it. I just stuck to the script, man, and my name motivated me. I know it sounds weird, but “Top Dogg” was powerful in some ways.

The album you're referring to was a Demo of tracks, not an album.

He's not being honest -- "Every Dogg Has Its Day" was the album -- it was posted on the Death Row Records website as "Coming Soon" and it was posted on the Death Row fan sites -- He wants people to focus on his newer stuff, not his run "that could've been" on Death Row -- That's like playing for the LA Lakers and you have big plans to start and you never get off the bench -- They DID move him and Tha Realest to "Artist in Development" Section of the Website right before his contract expired and they didn't renew him (he was slated for TGFR and did tracks with unreleased 2Pac)

And I do agree with you that the numbers in Chronic 2000 didn't meet Suge's expectations (he expected at least 3 million, and it did GOLD)

Again, you provided no answer to my question -- WHY would SUGE KNIGHT put all the investment of UNRELEASED DR. DRE TRACKS & INSTRUMENTALS behind him and SPEND MASSIVE DOLLARS on music videos and recordings if he just had no plans for him?

Jay Wallace

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2017, 04:34:34 AM »
Again, you provided no answer to my question -- WHY would SUGE KNIGHT put all the investment of UNRELEASED DR. DRE TRACKS & INSTRUMENTALS behind him and SPEND MASSIVE DOLLARS on music videos and recordings if he just had no plans for him?
I don't recall anyone saying he had NO plans for him.  What was said was he wasn't being pushed anywhere near how you claim he was.  Putting him on unreleased tracks is not some massive investment.  He did the same thing with Doobie, Swoop G, The Relativez, SKG, Crooked I, and many others.

2Relevant

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
even if the top dogg album would've came out it would of flopped just like every other dr project since 2pac