Author Topic: Tha Realest -- Special Kind of Mother  (Read 5746 times)

2Relevant

Re: Tha Realest -- Special Kind of Mother
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 02:39:20 PM »
Death Row died when 2Pac did...Suge went to jail and everyone started leaving the label after that, all those compilations never sold except for Pac's

WRONG! Dogg Pound "2002" debuted at #15

https://books.google.com/books?id=Mg8EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA34&lpg=PA34&dq=dogg+pound+2002+billboard&source=bl&ots=Zk6mDrTDSt&sig=or0HyuJHNYGuS8sAPA32vxWjL3s&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0qdKi-_XRAhWIg1QKHQRFArYQ6AEINjAF#v=onepage&q=dogg%20pound%202002%20billboard&f=false

Who much did it sell though?

im going to guess no more then 5k and that's being generous since a year before too gangsta for radio couldn't even sell 1500 copy's in its 1st week

Too Gangsta For Radio sold 8k copy's in it's first week and 3k in the second week, so I don't know what you talking about.

altogether how much in total did dpg 2002, too gangsta 4 radio, dead man walkin and chronic 2000 sell?

i would guess no more then 1 1/2 million since all 4 did horrible numbers and  chronic 2000 did less then a mil and that was the best seller out of the 4

love33

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 01:02:07 AM »
Tha Dogg Pound "2002" was HUUUGE -- they played "Change The Game Remix" EVERYWHERE -- "Gangsta Rap" single was allover Los Angeles  --- The album went GOLD -- Above The Law was braggin about the record sales on the record Big Hutch said it's a 500k record and that the Daz & Jay-Z song along with the Gangsta Rap put it over!

2Relevant

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »
Tha Dogg Pound "2002" was HUUUGE -- they played "Change The Game Remix" EVERYWHERE -- "Gangsta Rap" single was allover Los Angeles  --- The album went GOLD -- Above The Law was braggin about the record sales on the record Big Hutch said it's a 500k record and that the Daz & Jay-Z song along with the Gangsta Rap put it over!

lmao huge where in Europe? :D  i actually got the album when it first came out here in the states dr was pretty much dead already and there was zero radio play there was nothing popping in the west since dre 2001 and before that 2pac the focus was on the east and the rising dirty south

and Big Hutch is a fucking lie cause makaveli was the last successful dr album and i hardly doubt Tha Dogg Pound "2002" even went gold

Mietek23

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 02:14:45 PM »

lmao huge where in Europe? :D  i actually got the album when it first came out here in the states dr was pretty much dead already and there was zero radio play there was nothing popping in the west since dre 2001 and before that 2pac the focus was on the east and the rising dirty south

and Big Hutch is a fucking lie cause makaveli was the last successful dr album and i hardly doubt Tha Dogg Pound "2002" even went gold

Since Makaveli, Death Row had put out:

Greatest Hits (platinum plus)
Gridlock'd soundtrack (platinum plus)
Gang Related soundtrack (double platinum)
Daz solo (gold)
Pac Greatest Hits (diamond)
Chronic 2k (gold)

so your misinformed again.

Okka

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »
"Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back" didn't go gold, according to Snoop Dogg.

2Relevant

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 03:20:10 PM »

Daz solo (gold)
Chronic 2k (gold)

and shows how dr couldnt stand on its two feet without pac

Chronic 2k (gold)
Daz solo (gold)

still horrible take pac off the other projects and it would have failed too pac was dr
so your misinformed again

2Relevant

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 03:25:26 PM »
"Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back" didn't go gold, according to Snoop Dogg.

im surprised it went gold in numbers but wouldn't be surprised if it was all a lie i cant think of a stand out track to that album even the pac one

love33

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 01:22:57 AM »

Daz solo (gold)
Chronic 2k (gold)

Exactly, and Big Hutch's manager said "Tha Dogg Pound 2002" was Gold but they never registered with the RIAA
I also believe Chronic 2K was Gold because I remember reading it in The Source and Suge also said it was Gold (again, they never registered with the RIAA, but for double cds, each unit counts as 2 sales)

SuperSpider

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 03:15:19 AM »
Back then there were only four countries in Europe that had noticeable amounts of people following USA rap and that's UK, Poland, Germany and possibly France. Anywhere else there was either no interest or it was all coming in as bootlegs, so I doubt any of those did any major numbers in Europe

HighEyeCue

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 05:15:56 AM »

Daz solo (gold)
Chronic 2k (gold)

Exactly, and Big Hutch's manager said "Tha Dogg Pound 2002" was Gold but they never registered with the RIAA
I also believe Chronic 2K was Gold because I remember reading it in The Source and Suge also said it was Gold (again, they never registered with the RIAA, but for double cds, each unit counts as 2 sales)

most Death Row albums are under certified so you may be right, the RIAA still lists Doggystyle at 4xplat and the Chronic at 3xplat

dj coma

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 03:45:48 PM »

2002 was not huge by any means. Change The Game Remix came out 6 months earlier before 2002 on DJ Clue's The Professional Part 2 and most people associate it with that album, not with 2002.

love33

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2017, 12:20:37 AM »

2002 was not huge by any means. Change The Game Remix came out 6 months earlier before 2002 on DJ Clue's The Professional Part 2 and most people associate it with that album, not with 2002.

A debut at #15 is not bad by any stretch

2Relevant

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »

A debut at #15 is not bad by any stretch

a debut always doesn't mean $$$ trust me this didn't sell shit 

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 04:20:50 PM »
Does the Change The Game Remix with Jay Z and co exist with DJ Clue hollering like an angry lemur?

dj coma

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 09:23:09 PM »
Does the Change The Game Remix with Jay Z and co exist with DJ Clue hollering like an angry lemur?

Don't think so. That remix was made specifically for Clue's album.