Author Topic: Old interview with Daz from '98 (MTV)  (Read 969 times)

Okka

Old interview with Daz from '98 (MTV)
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:24:34 PM »
One of the album's songs that Dillinger and Brooks were involved in, was a sort of settling of musical accounts.
It was provoked by Mack 10's cut, "Only In California," from his upcoming The Recipe,
a song that Dillinger helped to write but was precluded from performing on because of a disagreement in the studio.
Dillinger said he recorded "In California" as a way to make sure that his message got across,
but he shrugged at the idea of feeling excluded from the Mack 10 hit. "I'm not worried," he said, " 'cos I'm getting paid from both of them."

http://www.mtv.com/news/151460/daz-dillinger-living-large-on-death-row/

Damn, i wonder what happened. Would've been dope to hear Daz on "Only In California" too.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Old interview with Daz from '98 (MTV)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 01:06:09 PM »
Interesting times...with Daz the last man standing... he really delivered on that album in a big way... certainly deserved more commercial success than he got from that one. 

...As for "Only In California"--that was a banger and I wonder if Daz also had something to do with the production.  I'd like to hear a Daz version if its out there
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 01:25:50 PM »
Interesting times...with Daz the last man standing... he really delivered on that album in a big way... certainly deserved more commercial success than he got from that one. 

...As for "Only In California"--that was a banger and I wonder if Daz also had something to do with the production.  I'd like to hear a Daz version if its out there

His first album was a classic.  No matter what people think about Daz these days, can't deny Revenge, Retaliation and Get Back was legendary.  Probably because Soopafly was all over the production of it. 

soopa-man

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 08:37:17 PM »
Daz has writing credits in the booklets credits, supposedly he wrote and coproduced it along with soopafly but it is the only song that Mack 10 has co producer credits on... seems strange because the song has Mack 10 lyrics from he LBC Crew song he did for Snoop two years earlier too

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 05:28:27 AM »

His first album was a classic.  No matter what people think about Daz these days, can't deny Revenge, Retaliation and Get Back was legendary.  Probably because Soopafly was all over the production of it. 

back at it again :laugh:

F-cisco

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 08:12:56 PM »
One of the album's songs that Dillinger and Brooks were involved in, was a sort of settling of musical accounts.
It was provoked by Mack 10's cut, "Only In California," from his upcoming The Recipe,
a song that Dillinger helped to write but was precluded from performing on because of a disagreement in the studio.
Dillinger said he recorded "In California" as a way to make sure that his message got across,
but he shrugged at the idea of feeling excluded from the Mack 10 hit. "I'm not worried," he said, " 'cos I'm getting paid from both of them."

Damn, i wonder what happened. Would've been dope to hear Daz on "Only In California" too.

Whatever happened it must have been major. Daz confirmed Snoop and Mack-10 made a song dissing him. Snoop even verified this in an interview with Dubcnn.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 11:36:09 PM »

Whatever happened it must have been major. Daz confirmed Snoop and Mack-10 made a song dissing him. Snoop even verified this in an interview with Dubcnn.

What interview was that?

F-cisco

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 06:02:44 PM »
Snoop interview with Nina from 2006. Done around the time he was promoting "The Blue Carpet Treatment". The most insider interview ever done. A long and good read.

Okka

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 12:53:47 AM »
Snoop interview with Nina from 2006. Done around the time he was promoting "The Blue Carpet Treatment". The most insider interview ever done. A long and good read.

Yeah, i remember that six part interview, but where is Snoop sayin' that? Not in that interview.

F-cisco

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 09:24:09 AM »
On part of 4 of the July 2006 interview

Okka

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 09:40:14 AM »
On part of 4 of the July 2006 interview

Thanks, i found it. I thought you were talkin' about the interview where he talks about every song on the album.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »
Was this the song where Mack 10 re-used his verse from Keep It Real (from the Death Row Snoop Doggy Dogg Greatest Hits album)?

Okka

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 09:53:05 AM »
Oh shit, they actually recorded a song together dissing' Daz. Damn.

Was this the song where Mack 10 re-used his verse from Keep It Real (from the Death Row Snoop Doggy Dogg Greatest Hits album)?

Yeah, "Only In California" was on Mack 10's second album.