Author Topic: Suge & Crooked I On The Steve Harvey Morning Show  (Read 322 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Suge & Crooked I On The Steve Harvey Morning Show
« on: April 25, 2003, 12:31:43 PM »
Steve Harvey of 100.3 Da Beat in Los Angeles interviewed Suge Knight this morning. Crooked I was there also but he showed up like 50 munutes late. Allegedly he had just left the studio or worked late into last night and couldn't wake up on time.

The only reason I caught the interview was because my lil' brother heard Kurpt's "I'm Back" being played and he told me about it (it's funny cause yesterday we were talking about how they probably would never play that song on the radio). The people in the studio really seemed to like the song (especially the production). Darren Vegas got his props. They also played "Dysfuntional Family Theme Song"

Suge & Harvey mainly spoke about the state of the westcoast and current hiphop beefs. Suge said his ussual comments about the west but added that Tha Row will release (in the future) a compilation of westcoast artist from different neighborhoods/cities/ghettos. As for the current beefs, Suge commented that most srtist who beef probably never been in a fight in their whole lives and really don't know how much trouble their mouths could get them into. Steve pointed out that some rappers don't realize that REAL GANGSTAS aren't to be loked with. Suge said some rappers are taking to much of the "E" and that it altrs their thinking.

He spoke about people who try and use the westcoast for their record sales by portraying a "gangsta image," but won't even do shows for their fans on the west. This discussion was mainly about 50 Cent's recent apperance in LA at the House of Blue's. Apparently 50's people bought most of the tickets (leaving 20 to 30 for the public) and handed them out to the people they wanted to be there (celbrities). Suge said that, if you are going to exploit the inner cities for your record sales, you should at least give your fans the opportunity to see you live in person when you come around. Good point.

Finally Crooked spit a "freestyle' but it was one that we die hard fans hae already heard. The host of the show (Harvey, the Angels, & Peewee) really evjoyed it though and gave Crook his props. In one of the funnier moments, ever, on the Steve Harvey Morning Show, Steve Harvey himself, kicked down a lil freestyle of the top of his head. It was pretty cool but mostly funny.

Overall. it was a really positive interview. Steve Harvey pointed out how the positive acts Suge performs are never heard of in the media. Suge said it was all part of "the system" and how they like to bring down those who are successful.

Yo AM7 did you know Suge would be on Da Beat this morning. You should have gave us the heads up.

Oh yeah, Suge also said he would like to organize a pay-per-view (for charity), that would pit artist who have beef, in one on one battles. The battles would consist of three rounds, 1 frestyle round, & 2 rounds of boxing. He said that afterwards the artist should squash any beefs and let by gones be by gones.

http://www.deathrowrecords.net/blood

ghetto64

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Suge & Crooked I On The Steve Harvey Morning Show
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 12:50:21 PM »
Steve Harvey said he hated rap. Why is this two faced overly preachin and not leadin sucka, tryin to kiss up to something thats he has always dissed. Don't believe the hype or the billboards of Steve and his respect for the rap game. He is always dissin gangsta without any true understanding. We should show him the same love that he has shown us. He is just anotha sucka tryin to make money off of the hood that he hates so much.

Peace
« Last Edit: April 25, 2003, 12:52:16 PM by ghetto64 »

EAZY OG

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 02:49:36 PM »
as much as i hate suge hes right on 50 cent. muthafucka is plain hollywood.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 04:46:14 PM »
thats an excellent idea for the pay per view fights to end beefs.

Imagine a royal rumble:

Tray Deee, Goldie Loc, Daz, Bad Azz, Snoop, and Soopafly

vs

Kurupt, Suge, Crooked I, Eastwood, Spider, and Ja Rule

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2003, 08:57:42 PM »
^it would be tight but would never happen n some shit would break out n blood would prolly git spilt...

~1~

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 10:48:55 AM »
It would take the entire DPG team together to actually get Suge over the top rope.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 11:01:04 AM »
I like the idea to squash the beefs after the fight but I dunno if its possible... too much ego

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 11:26:01 AM »
He spoke about people who try and use the westcoast for their record sales by portraying a "gangsta image," but won't even do shows for their fans on the west. This discussion was mainly about 50 Cent's recent apperance in LA at the House of Blue's. Apparently 50's people bought most of the tickets (leaving 20 to 30 for the public) and handed them out to the people they wanted to be there (celbrities). Suge said that, if you are going to exploit the inner cities for your record sales, you should at least give your fans the opportunity to see you live in person when you come around. Good point.
is that actually true? most of the stuff that comes out of his fat lips is bullshit

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

dexter

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 11:06:19 AM »
What makes 50 cent hollywood?