Author Topic: 213 - To Be With Somebody Like Me (Vinyl)  (Read 1854 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: 213 - To Be With Somebody Like Me (Vinyl)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 08:25:10 AM »
So I just received the promo vinyl and no wonder noone ever ripped the full song, it's a 2 minutes long Snoop Dogg joint with a cat named Johnny Boo Bop on the hook...
Finally the mash up snippet made by SuperSpider was almost the real deal... Anyway I ripped it with the instrumental version for y'all.

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/9SFi0bES/file.html

Edit: Quality isn't all that, first because it does not sound crazy on the actual plateform and also because my laptop has a shitty sound card, I'm changing it for a HP Spectre in a couple months if y'all want another rip later let me know!

Quality is fine, but it is really disappointing that Nate isn't on the record. Regardless, it is much appreciated that you actually spent money on this so we got to hear it after so many years.

Great work digging this up.  So neither Nate Dogg nor Warren G are on this?  How did it get labeled a 213 song for all these years?  Is there another version out there with 213 on it?

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »
So I just received the promo vinyl and no wonder noone ever ripped the full song, it's a 2 minutes long Snoop Dogg joint with a cat named Johnny Boo Bop on the hook...
Finally the mash up snippet made by SuperSpider was almost the real deal... Anyway I ripped it with the instrumental version for y'all.

Edit: Quality isn't all that, first because it does not sound crazy on the actual plateform and also because my laptop has a shitty sound card, I'm changing it for a HP Spectre in a couple months if y'all want another rip later let me know!

Quality is fine, but it is really disappointing that Nate isn't on the record. Regardless, it is much appreciated that you actually spent money on this so we got to hear it after so many years.

Yup thanks mate, the effort is most def appreciated.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 09:26:38 AM »

Great work digging this up.  So neither Nate Dogg nor Warren G are on this?  How did it get labeled a 213 song for all these years?  Is there another version out there with 213 on it?

Because it's on a 213 single

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »

I doubt there's another version, that song may have been recorded during the Hard Way/Welcome to tha Chuuch sessions/era and ended up on Absolutely single but it's just a wack ass mixtape song

Tha Crip

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 07:27:16 PM »
Wow props big homie!!!  Could be an alternate version...Dolla Dolla Bill has versions of just Nate Dogg by himself and a 213 one as well so who knows lol
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

SuperSpider

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 12:25:43 AM »
There's no alternate version, this is the only way it was released. However, what's surprising to me is that it was reported that the track features Malice/No Malice or Pusha T (depending on where you read the info), but then it's this Johnny Bee Bop guy that's listed instead. What's even more baffling is that he sounds like Malice/Pusha T from back in the days when this was released.

dj coma

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 12:36:45 AM »
There's no alternate version, this is the only way it was released. However, what's surprising to me is that it was reported that the track features Malice/No Malice or Pusha T (depending on where you read the info), but then it's this Johnny Bee Bop guy that's listed instead. What's even more baffling is that he sounds like Malice/Pusha T from back in the days when this was released.

I think you solved your own mystery. People mistook this Johnny guy for either member of the Clipse and put them down as the feature.

SuperSpider

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 09:37:53 AM »

I think you solved your own mystery. People mistook this Johnny guy for either member of the Clipse and put them down as the feature.

I vaguely remember Snoop Dogg confirming the name of the song and it featuring a member of Clipse ages ago in an interview (which is how I initally found out it even existed).

Portugoal

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 07:35:31 PM »

I vaguely remember Snoop Dogg confirming the name of the song and it featuring a member of Clipse ages ago in an interview (which is how I initally found out it even existed).

Or The Clipse were supposed to record verses, but it never happened?