Author Topic: Tha Doggfather - My Own Version  (Read 1413 times)

WestSideDon

Tha Doggfather - My Own Version
« on: January 29, 2017, 12:54:45 PM »
Did my own version of the doggfather tracklist, just thought i'd also share it on here.

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/c7R0CI3r/file.html

The tracklist is:

1.Gangstas Life
2.Doggfather (Daz OG Version)
3.Ride 4 Me (Skit)
4.Up Jump Tha Boogie
5.Change Gone Come
6.May I
7.Head Doctor
8.Snoop Bounce
9.Eastside Party
10.Heard It Through The Eastside
11.Too High (Poly High)
12.Midnight Love
14.Vapors (Battlecat Remix)
15.Just Watchin
16.Snoops Upside Ya Head
17.Dogg Collar
18.Keep It Real Dogg
19.Street Life
20.Downtown Assassins
21.Outro

Would be cool to hear some opinions on this 8)

HighEyeCue

Re: Tha Doggfather - My Own Version
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 01:02:17 PM »
thanks for sharing 8)

2 of the best tracks Gold Rush and Blueberry are missing tho

WestSideDon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 02:46:25 PM »
thanks for sharing 8)

Blueberry wasnt included because its an lbc crew song and snoop doesnt even rap on it.
Gold rush didnt really fit in for my tracklist, but its a cool lil song nonetheless but its also more of an lbc crew song to me

phatj

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 05:39:56 PM »
Tracklist looks on point, you did your thang homie. Any chance you re upload it.

dnjp4life

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 10:34:51 AM »
Nice alternative tracklist.  There's so many songs recorded during the Doggfather sessions that its hard to make the 'perfect' version of the album.

Personally I would leave off 'Gangstaz Life'; it's OK to have but to me is not a standout Snoop track from that time.  I've never cared too much for 'Head Doctor' and its many different versions and I like 'Snoop Bounce' but I would trim it from the album if I was compiling my own tracklist.

Can't get rid of 'Tear Em Off' or 'Wake Up' - they both go too hard to leave off the album.  As for adding tracks I would put in the original version of 'OG' and either version of 'Usual Suspects'.

WestSideDon

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 11:08:53 AM »
Nice alternative tracklist.  There's so many songs recorded during the Doggfather sessions that its hard to make the 'perfect' version of the album.

Personally I would leave off 'Gangstaz Life'; it's OK to have but to me is not a standout Snoop track from that time.  I've never cared too much for 'Head Doctor' and its many different versions and I like 'Snoop Bounce' but I would trim it from the album if I was compiling my own tracklist.

Can't get rid of 'Tear Em Off' or 'Wake Up' - they both go too hard to leave off the album.  As for adding tracks I would put in the original version of 'OG' and either version of 'Usual Suspects'.

Yeah everyone probably has a different "perfect" tracklist  ;D
Tear Em Off is too repetitive for me, dont really like that song. Wake Up is a cool song because of tray deee but snoop is kinda weak on there.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 11:11:39 AM »

You're talkin' about "Me & My Doggz". "Tear 'Em Off" is a skit before "Me & My Doggz", just like "O.J." is a skit before "Wake Up".

HighEyeCue

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 11:39:56 AM »
thanks for sharing 8)

Blueberry wasnt included because its an lbc crew song and snoop doesnt even rap on it.
Gold rush didnt really fit in for my tracklist, but its a cool lil song nonetheless but its also more of an lbc crew song to me

Cool. I just think Snoops rapping style was so weak during this period that the more guest spots the better the album would be

WestSideDon

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 02:07:51 PM »
thanks for sharing 8)

Cool. I just think Snoops rapping style was so weak during this period that the more guest spots the better the album would be

That was just on certain songs, but he had a load of them were he sounded completely dead. Unfortunately they left out so many great tracks for the retail release, but I included them on this release. Cant tell me snoop aint killin it on Tracks like midnight love, 2001, snoop bounce, snoops upside ya head etc. etc.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 06:29:56 AM »
thanks for sharing 8)

That was just on certain songs, but he had a load of them were he sounded completely dead. Unfortunately they left out so many great tracks for the retail release, but I included them on this release. Cant tell me snoop aint killin it on Tracks like midnight love, 2001, snoop bounce, snoops upside ya head etc. etc.

fair enough 8)

2001 may be my favorite Snoop solo on the whole album

WestSideDon

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 10:51:50 AM »
thanks for sharing 8)

fair enough 8)

2001 may be my favorite Snoop solo on the whole album

Yeah thats one of the songs were he actually brought it.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 11:33:19 AM »
I thought Hit Rocks was the best track left off the final LP.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

HighEyeCue

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 05:47:20 AM »
just listened to this version, sounds tight 8)

Snoop sounds more like his old self on most of these