Author Topic: Warren G - Return Of The Regulator  (Read 1227 times)

wardy

Warren G - Return Of The Regulator
« on: February 01, 2017, 07:49:56 AM »
I've been playing this album again the last couple days and I've always thought it was given too much hate.

Some absolute gems on this album and looking past the singles that were released from the album tracks like Ghetto Village, Somethin to Bounce Too & the heartfelt track about his mother Keepin It Strong are some of Warrens best tracks for me personally.

It might not be at the level of G Funk Era but it's still a damn good album that deserves more respect imo.

doggfather

Re: Warren G - Return Of The Regulator
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 08:23:25 AM »
Like it too
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
I've been playing this album again the last couple days and I've always thought it was given too much hate.

Some absolute gems on this album and looking past the singles that were released from the album tracks like Ghetto Village, Somethin to Bounce Too & the heartfelt track about his mother Keepin It Strong are some of Warrens best tracks for me personally.

It might not be at the level of G Funk Era but it's still a damn good album that deserves more respect imo.

Agreed, this album was very good.  Especially "Something To Bounce To", Soopafly absolutely kills that track.  This was Warren's last good all around album.  His albums after that had a few good songs here and there, but this was his last fully playable album. 

Okka

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »

I think most people on DubCC love "Return Of The Regulator". It's my favorite Warren G album after the first one and if i'm being honest, it was his last great album.

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 10:53:26 AM »

I think most people on DubCC love "Return Of The Regulator". It's my favorite Warren G album after the first one and if i'm being honest, it was his last great album.

Preach

And  it's not hard to tell why it's his last great album
Because he still was on Universal and there was money behind it

Same problem with snoop DPG .....
" you have to invest money to make money "

Mista Rosa

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 01:08:56 PM »
Great album !!

"Sassy ways" has not not been mentionned, I am surprised. This track is smooth as peach skin. Warren G said in an interview about favorite recording sessions or something that Nate did his thing "one take", totaly improvised. The studio was full of hot girls, supposedly Nate step behind the mic and laid his parts while keeping his eyes on the ladies, like if they were his muses. Tight man !
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 11:54:39 AM »
Definitely an underrated album .. Mid-nite hour was a good album too, tho.

soopa-man

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 12:35:33 PM »
I been bumping the shit out of this and the I Want It All album lately... I never listened to I want It All much after the first spin when I bought it I mean it has classics on it but some I never bumped that track You Never Know, Snoop drops a sick ass verse and it My Momma is smooth

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 09:56:49 PM »

Preach

Agreed.  I think the forum respects this album, at the time we bumped it, and in hindsight it was a solid record.  I think Warren downgraded with each album--and that's not dissing him that is actually a testament to how solid his first four albums were--that the fourth was still rock solid. 

G Funk Era - 10/10 Classic
Take A Look Over Your Shoulder - 9/10 West Coast Classic - Personal Classic for me
Want It All - 7 out of 10 - Smooth throughout - yet another new sound
Return of the Regulator - 6 out of 10 - still a very solid album.  Some bangers. Bumps well in the ride.

All four records Warren came with a new sound in the production.  I also always loved the lyrics on his albums--I'm a nostalgic guy myself--and his lyrics always took a "back in the days" type of perspective
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 07:35:55 PM »
warren's 2nd best album imo and my favorite warren g album. looking at you. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

love33

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 01:04:53 AM »
My favorite Warren G song is "Havin Thangs" with his homie Jermaine Dupri and the Legend Nathan Dogg!

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 10:19:29 AM »

Regulate G Funk Era : 10
Take A Look : 8.5
I Want It All : 8.5
Return Of Regulators : 8
In The Midnight Hours : 7
The G Files : 6

This is more accurate to me, Return Of Regulator is a hot album, it cant be only 6 man

Preach

Agreed.  I think the forum respects this album, at the time we bumped it, and in hindsight it was a solid record.  I think Warren downgraded with each album--and that's not dissing him that is actually a testament to how solid his first four albums were--that the fourth was still rock solid. 

G Funk Era - 10/10 Classic
Take A Look Over Your Shoulder - 9/10 West Coast Classic - Personal Classic for me
Want It All - 7 out of 10 - Smooth throughout - yet another new sound
Return of the Regulator - 6 out of 10 - still a very solid album.  Some bangers. Bumps well in the ride.

All four records Warren came with a new sound in the production.  I also always loved the lyrics on his albums--I'm a nostalgic guy myself--and his lyrics always took a "back in the days" type of perspective

dnjp4life

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »
The intro on Return of the Regulator is banging, the bass is insane on that track.

Portugoal

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 12:34:43 AM »
Mid-nite hour was a good album too, tho.

I never understood the hate for that album.