Author Topic: Ice Cube's new album  (Read 2154 times)

Arthur Bishop

Ice Cube's new album
« on: February 01, 2017, 08:47:14 AM »
Is still going with the title from 3 years ago? Does anyone know if he's back working on it with a break between his film projects?

TRAX (SFV)

Re: Ice Cube's new album
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 04:29:19 PM »
Like I said, another Detox.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 06:56:12 PM »
he released the singles and scrapped it when none of em went big .. He went for a hit wit that lmfao joint and it did nothin. He should just get Mack 10 and wc and put out another wscg album for the real fans.

love33

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 01:05:25 AM »
He was beefing with the mid 2000's New West and Crooked I was beefing with him saying "No Country for Old Men" and said he doesn't want to let him and Eastwood break the door down and keeps the New West down -- time passed, and Kendrick Lamar & YG past all the mid 2000's west artists and actually broke into the mainstream

He should make club music like "We Be Clubbin" and "You Can Do It" -- that will get a buzz going again for him with today's crowd -- Cube's club songs are fire and he hits hard -- it wouldn't be a bad idea to put Mack 10 and maybe tap DMX for a guest appearance on a couple raw hits!

SuperSpider

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 01:08:45 AM »
I feel like noone's taking his new music efforts seriously after all the garbage Kevin Hart movies he's done.......kind of lost integrity and credibility in a way

love33

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 01:17:41 AM »
I feel like noone's taking his new music efforts seriously after all the garbage Kevin Hart movies he's done.......kind of lost integrity and credibility in a way

I think you're right -- there's no enthusiasm in his music anymore -- I mean listen to "We Be Clubbin" then listen to that shitty LMFAO song or "Let the Youngins Get It" or whatever he called that garbage track
Cube wouldn't have let a track like that leak out the studio in the 90s as it wouldve tarnished his whole image

SuperSpider

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 03:02:39 AM »

I think you're right -- there's no enthusiasm in his music anymore -- I mean listen to "We Be Clubbin" then listen to that shitty LMFAO song or "Let the Youngins Get It" or whatever he called that garbage track
Cube wouldn't have let a track like that leak out the studio in the 90s as it wouldve tarnished his whole image

I actually liked Sicc them youngins on em when I heard it, it's just that I don't actively look out for his music anymore more or less because of those things. Also his sons are terrible rappers with even worse monickers, so there's that

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 08:54:26 AM »
I wouldn't mind maybe one more solid album from him if he went back to the basics but if it's anything like his last album or that 2 Chainz/Red Foo single then he can keep all that

OldSkool

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 10:41:22 AM »
I was listening to MC Ren - Ruthless for Life  lately.

At this moment in time I want a Ren album without him talking about d*ck and b*%ches all the time.

Still waiting for this Ea ski and Ren collaboration...

Oh whilst I am at it - Can DUB Cnn do my oft requested follow up with the Da Lench Mob - where's Shorty, T Bone? Is J Dee any closer t coming home...

I appreciate Cube is in a different place in life now...

He should just each out to Mack 10, just for business sake...

With the sad passing away of Toones, I wonder if he would reach out to Jinx... nostalgia...!

teletomble

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »

They Were Both At CrazyToones' Funeral. No Photos Of Them Together, Though.

love33

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 12:22:40 AM »

They Were Both At CrazyToones' Funeral. No Photos Of Them Together, Though.

Yeah I think WSCG Reunion album would be the way to go! They should do it now cause you never know -- we never saw a 213 follow up album

Ebony Zebedee

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »
Cubes already said in interviews that movies are where the money is.
Far as I can tell, if he's not on tour he's promoting the big 3 league or rubbin shoulders in hollywood. I was looking forward to Everythangs Corrupt but was genuinely hoping he'd keep the title track and scrap everything else. Theres a few fake mixtapes out there on youtube like The Haunting just google ice cube 2016 & 2017 he also did that mafia video game thing bjt seriously he told us hes all about cash over ass so keeping your ass entertained or cashing in in hollywood shouldnt be too hard a puzzle to figure out.

love33

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 01:11:43 AM »
He's gotta drop one more monster hit -- him and Short should do an album together!!

chtimixeur

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 07:20:26 AM »
Cubes already said in interviews that movies are where the money is.
Well, Fist Fight bombed this week-end, so I'm not sure he's going to get many fat paychecks from studios to star in big movies.

ILoveQSeven

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 07:51:55 AM »
I think he scrapped the album after "Compton: A Soundtrack" - Dre changed style so Cube may be preppin something else