Author Topic: The Ressurection Of Death Row!!!!  (Read 5936 times)

donfathaimmortal

Re: The Ressurection Of Death Row!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 06:54:47 AM »
I am definitely interested in hearing some unreleased dre/the d.o.c. shit though.

Will never happen. Even if this guy somehow is legit, Dre's stuff can never be released without his permission. He won't ever give his permission. Only chance of hearing Dre stuff is leaks.

anything that Dre did under Death Row he doesn't own so his permission isn't required

2Pac's unreleased music might be a whole other story

he doesn't own them, but they signed an agreement that death row couldn't release any of his unreleased shit when they released him from his contract

Exactly - Dre did sign over all his shit in 1996 and forfeit ownership to all Death Row masters in exchange for Suge to cease and desist -- It was the court ruling in 1999 for "Chronic 2000" where the judge ruled that Suge Knight had the full rights to the name 'Chronic 2000' and in return no new Dre tracks could be released moving forward without him co-signing and Death Row could only release his 'Chronic' album "as-is" (meaning no changing tracklists) -- the only thing Death Row can do is release the hit singles on compilations ("Nuthin But A G Thang," "Dre Day", "Let Me Ride," "Keep Their Heads Ringing", "Lil Ghetto Boy," "Deep Cover" and a couple others)

Death Row doesn't own the rights to "Deep Cover". It was never on any compilations that they put out.

Yep, that's on Solar.

"Deep Cover" was owned by Solar for the soundtrack. The Death Row version is the remix known as  "One Eight Seven" released in some maxi single like "Dre Day", "Let Me Ride" or  "Lil' Ghetto Boy / Dre Day". This song was not included on "The Chronic"
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Blood$

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 08:02:36 AM »
I am definitely interested in hearing some unreleased dre/the d.o.c. shit though.

Will never happen. Even if this guy somehow is legit, Dre's stuff can never be released without his permission. He won't ever give his permission. Only chance of hearing Dre stuff is leaks.

anything that Dre did under Death Row he doesn't own so his permission isn't required

he doesn't own them, but they signed an agreement that death row couldn't release any of his unreleased shit when they released him from his contract

Exactly - Dre did sign over all his shit in 1996 and forfeit ownership to all Death Row masters in exchange for Suge to cease and desist -- It was the court ruling in 1999 for "Chronic 2000" where the judge ruled that Suge Knight had the full rights to the name 'Chronic 2000' and in return no new Dre tracks could be released moving forward without him co-signing and Death Row could only release his 'Chronic' album "as-is" (meaning no changing tracklists) -- the only thing Death Row can do is release the hit singles on compilations ("Nuthin But A G Thang," "Dre Day", "Let Me Ride," "Keep Their Heads Ringing", "Lil Ghetto Boy," "Deep Cover" and a couple others)

Death Row doesn't own the rights to "Deep Cover". It was never on any compilations that they put out.

Yep, that's on Solar.

"Deep Cover" was owned by Solar for the soundtrack. The Death Row version is the remix known as  "One Eight Seven" released in some maxi single like "Dre Day", "Let Me Ride" or  "Lil' Ghetto Boy / Dre Day". This song was not included on "The Chronic"

I actually just found the Dre Day single on vinyl with "One Eight Seven" the other day lol

love33

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 11:32:32 PM »

Yep, that's on Solar.

Not true -- Death Row DID re-release 187um -- they released it on "15 Years on Death Row: The Definitive Collection" -- https://www.amazon.com/Years-Death-Row-Definitive-Collection/dp/B000I0QKM4

There was 3 different versions of this release -- the first one I got at Best Buy when it came out the first 2 weeks and it included "Gz Up Hoez Down" on it and "187/Deep Cover"
The Best Buy version had a bunch of bonus tracks, especially on the second CD
The retail online version had 17 tracks on the first CD but some of the Best Buy ones were missing
Then the third version which surfaced later had NO Bonus Tracks

Leave it up to Death Row to confuse everyone, but this was the BEST Death Row CD to own that covered the prime of the label (The Best Buy Version)
Some people combined it on a bootleg to make the retail version & Best Buy Second Disc

Read whoever wrote the first review on there and he has a good breakdown of it (I remember buying this with low expectations and it was awesome sound quality in the stereo)
This album also had extended credits in there too which gave Daz a lot of credit for tracks he originally didn't get and Dre got!

Okka

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 10:28:29 AM »
"187Um" is the remix of "Deep Cover". They're two different songs. There's also a third version named "One Eight Seven" which is almost same as "187Um", but the beat is a bit different. The lyrics are the same on both tracks though.

Okka

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 11:10:38 AM »

Yep, that's on Solar.

Not true -- Death Row DID re-release 187um -- they released it on "15 Years on Death Row: The Definitive Collection" -- https://www.amazon.com/Years-Death-Row-Definitive-Collection/dp/B000I0QKM4

There was 3 different versions of this release -- the first one I got at Best Buy when it came out the first 2 weeks and it included "Gz Up Hoez Down" on it and "187/Deep Cover"
The Best Buy version had a bunch of bonus tracks, especially on the second CD
The retail online version had 17 tracks on the first CD but some of the Best Buy ones were missing
Then the third version which surfaced later had NO Bonus Tracks

Leave it up to Death Row to confuse everyone, but this was the BEST Death Row CD to own that covered the prime of the label (The Best Buy Version)
Some people combined it on a bootleg to make the retail version & Best Buy Second Disc

Read whoever wrote the first review on there and he has a good breakdown of it (I remember buying this with low expectations and it was awesome sound quality in the stereo)
This album also had extended credits in there too which gave Daz a lot of credit for tracks he originally didn't get and Dre got!

Post the credits.

dj coma

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 03:11:34 PM »
I'll post scans when I can get a chance to grab it from storage.

procrastiNate

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »
What were the Best Buy bonus tracks?