Author Topic: Bad Boy Pistons appreciation thread  (Read 740 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Bad Boy Pistons appreciation thread
« on: February 11, 2017, 01:24:34 AM »
You can now catch a lot of full games on YouTube and I was going back and watching some of those old Pistons games from beggining to end and here's some stuff I noticed, because I started watching basketball as a kid the year Jordan won his first championship so I missed some key features of those Pistons teams...

-Vinnie Johnson was a 40 point per night caliber scorer!!  I knew he was the microwave and could come off the bench and get points but I didn't realize this cat was capable of going for 40 on any given night!

-The Pistons should've had 3 championships in a row!!  The Lakers narrowly escaped!!  In fact, Rodman had the ball in his hands off a rebound and a put back would've given Detroit the championship but it slipped from his hands!!  Who remembers that?

-Rodman was amazing, on every lose ball, in every play--even without being a go to guy he is always a factor.  So great to watch his game.  He actually cries when awarded defensive player of the year cause it meant so much to him.  How often do you see that?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Bad Boy Pistons appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 01:38:23 AM »
i was everywhere u was never there

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:50:50 AM »
i was everywhere u was never there

Lol... still a prick, heh petey...but hey I'd take the beef days over this silent period at the dubb
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 10:42:02 AM »
Great team, they had a 30 for 30 on em u should check out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 11:23:19 AM »

Yeah I saw the 30 for 30--great stuff....you should go back and watch that Lakers series--you guys got lucky...the Pistons beat you down...also I never realized old man Kareem played till he was long in the toothe--dude was over 40 still sky hookin on fools

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 11:38:31 AM »

Yeah I saw the 30 for 30--great stuff....you should go back and watch that Lakers series--you guys got lucky...the Pistons beat you down...also I never realized old man Kareem played till he was long in the toothe--dude was over 40 still sky hookin on fools

It's not luck, it's magic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 06:44:10 PM »

It's not luck, it's magic

Good one

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 08:55:19 AM »

Yeah I remember at his retirement ceremony he even had a rocking chair too on some old man type shit haha.

Side story - I remember my brother bought a used hardcover copy of Kareem's book (I think it was called Giant Steps or something like that), and when we took it home, there were actual photographs that were of Kareem's retirement ceremony that the previous book owner must have put in there. Pretty good find.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 08:59:18 AM »

Yeah I remember at his retirement ceremony he even had a rocking chair too on some old man type shit haha.

Side story - I remember my brother bought a used hardcover copy of Kareem's book (I think it was called Giant Steps or something like that), and when we took it home, there were actual photographs that were of Kareem's retirement ceremony that the previous book owner must have put in there. Pretty good find.

Dope..Kareem the GOAT