Author Topic: Dr. Dre, Eminem & Hittman - Forgot About Dre (remix)?  (Read 1789 times)

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
Dr. Dre, Eminem & Hittman - Forgot About Dre (remix)?
« on: February 11, 2017, 02:40:56 PM »
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

dj coma

Re: Dr. Dre, Eminem & Hittman - Forgot About Dre (remix)?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 03:58:57 PM »
https://www.discogs.com/Dr-Dre-Present-Aftermath-Classics/release/592667

Does anyone got that?
Or know anything about it?

It's probably the original version labeled as a remix.

love33

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:56:38 AM »
There was a demo for "Dr. Dre 2001" that came out and had the "Forgot About Dre" on it and it sounded a little different

me1

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 06:14:33 AM »

Does anyone got that?

Gotta be the video version they are referring to .. the one wheee Dre introduces Hitt at the end of the song and plays a Hittman song (End of Days I think it was)

Okka

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 06:32:51 AM »

Does anyone got that?

Gotta be the video version they are referring to .. the one wheee Dre introduces Hitt at the end of the song and plays a Hittman song (End of Days I think it was)

The name of the song is "Last Dayz" and i think you're right. There is an original version of "Forgot About Dre" though, but Hittman isn't featured on it. He is on the original version of "What's The Difference" though.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 11:29:13 AM »
The OG version doesn't got any additional verses. The only difference between that version and the regular version is that it misses the "Comp-ton" sample durin' Dre's 2nd verse and the outro is a bit different, after Dre's verse the beat just plays for a while before the last hook comes in, and the last hook fades out on the og version.

The og version of "What's The Difference" is a different story tho', it got Hittman instead of Xzibit's misplaced verse, and the beat is different as well. I prefer that version. Too bad that that song was the reason Dre and Hittman fell out.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:30:58 AM by Dargine »

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

dj coma

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »

Does anyone got that?

The name of the song is "Last Dayz" and i think you're right. There is an original version of "Forgot About Dre" though, but Hittman isn't featured on it. He is on the original version of "What's The Difference" though.

Oh ya I mixed them up in my post earlier. Thanks.

Okka

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 12:18:05 PM »
The OG version doesn't got any additional verses. The only difference between that version and the regular version is that it misses the "Comp-ton" sample durin' Dre's 2nd verse and the outro is a bit different, after Dre's verse the beat just plays for a while before the last hook comes in, and the last hook fades out on the og version.

The og version of "What's The Difference" is a different story tho', it got Hittman instead of Xzibit's misplaced verse, and the beat is different as well. I prefer that version. Too bad that that song was the reason Dre and Hittman fell out.

What? Where did you read that from?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:00:46 AM by Okka »

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 02:16:48 PM »

What's the story behind that?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 12:31:37 AM »
"then I got these crab ass niggas I first blew with
Claimin they non-violent, actin like they Ruthless"

always wish Dre would've left it like that. but I understand why he had to change that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 12:51:12 PM »

Hittman thought this song sounded like an Eminem song so he wanted it to go on Eminem's album, Dre wanted it to be on 2001. Hittman wanted "Blaaow" to replace it. Dre didn't agree, Hittman's verse got taken off of the song and replaced by an Xzibit verse.
Xzibit's verse was one of the last things that got recorded for this album, if not the last.

That's what eventually leaded up to Dre and Hittman fallin' out.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 03:43:37 PM »

Hittman thought this song sounded like an Eminem song so he wanted it to go on Eminem's album, Dre wanted it to be on 2001. Hittman wanted "Blaaow" to replace it. Dre didn't agree, Hittman's verse got taken off of the song and replaced by an Xzibit verse.
Xzibit's verse was one of the last things that got recorded for this album, if not the last.

NEVER HEARD THIS STORY, WHERE'D U GET IT FROM?

Okka

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 03:47:06 PM »

Where did you get that from? I thought they fell out when Hittman got dropped. Hittman was even on the "Up In Smoke" tour?

dj coma

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 09:53:53 AM »
I don't think Hittman and Dre ever fell out, they just had creative differences when it came to Hitt's album and then Hittman had a close relative pass away and his head wasn't in it anymore so they parted ways.

Mietek23

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 11:59:53 AM »

Where did you get that from? I thought they fell out when Hittman got dropped. Hittman was even on the "Up In Smoke" tour?

Hittman wasen't on Up In Smoke - he chosed to stay and work on his album in LA.