Author Topic: Was Streetz is a Mutha a near Classic?  (Read 6865 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Was Streetz is a Mutha a near Classic?
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »
Judging by quality of music has it's flaws too. By who's quality? I mean, everyone hear, we put together a classics list and it's going to be mainly 90's west coast rap, as if nothing else exist. You go to the south and it's mainly 2000's southern rap, as if nothing else exist. Who's quality. It's why I said it's how it moved people. Because PEOPLE judge quality of music. Music is subjective, it's to the ear of the beholder. On this board, X-Raided is more likely to be a classic than Carter III, but you go a lot of places and they are arguing not if Carter III is classic, but if Wayne has 3 classics or 4? Does Kanye have only 2 classics, or 5? I saw one board where people had Future at 3 classics! FUTURE, 3 CLASSICS! That's ridiculous. That's partly why I'm done with the word classic. To you, to Sccit, what you think is a classic, and what you'll argue is classic will get laughed out of a thread, or board, or even conversation with these college kids today. I work with these kids. These kids don't see any of what you said as classics. And guess what? They are right. Not because it ain't good music, but the music failed to relate to them, therefore the music is dated and it failed to be seen as great over a long period of time, therefore it's not classic! Bottomline. These kids don't think it's classic, it's not classic. Because over time, they'll be here longer than us and they don't see it as classic.

Sccit

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »
Judging by quality of music has it's flaws too. By who's quality? I mean, everyone hear, we put together a classics list and it's going to be mainly 90's west coast rap, as if nothing else exist. You go to the south and it's mainly 2000's southern rap, as if nothing else exist. Who's quality. It's why I said it's how it moved people. Because PEOPLE judge quality of music. Music is subjective, it's to the ear of the beholder. On this board, X-Raided is more likely to be a classic than Carter III, but you go a lot of places and they are arguing not if Carter III is classic, but if Wayne has 3 classics or 4? Does Kanye have only 2 classics, or 5? I saw one board where people had Future at 3 classics! FUTURE, 3 CLASSICS! That's ridiculous. That's partly why I'm done with the word classic. To you, to Sccit, what you think is a classic, and what you'll argue is classic will get laughed out of a thread, or board, or even conversation with these college kids today. I work with these kids. These kids don't see any of what you said as classics. And guess what? They are right. Not because it ain't good music, but the music failed to relate to them, therefore the music is dated and it failed to be seen as great over a long period of time, therefore it's not classic! Bottomline. These kids don't think it's classic, it's not classic. Because over time, they'll be here longer than us and they don't see it as classic.

Ur logic is so flawed, I don't even know where to begin .. U say because something doesn't relate to college kids today, then it's not classic. That means there are no classics in existence, because there will always be a demographic that doesn't relate to something. Are u trolling? I mean, what u sayin is not wrong or right... It's dumb. If u wana define classic by what other people think, that's fine. Ur a sheep and I'll let u cook if that's how u feel. But what I consider classic only pertains to me, not no one else..... It's quite simple; u either go by what u think, or u go by what others think. And if u go by what others think, it says more about your character than u realize.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »

Ur logic is so flawed, I don't even know where to begin .. U say because something doesn't relate to college kids today, then it's not classic. That means there are no classics in existence, because there will always be a demographic that doesn't relate to something. Are u trolling? I mean, what u sayin is not wrong or right... It's dumb. If u wana define classic by what other people think, that's fine. Ur a sheep and I'll let u cook if that's how u feel. But what I consider classic only pertains to me, not no one else..... It's quite simple; u either go by what u think, or u go by what others think. And if u go by what others think, it says more about your character than u realize.

How is my logic flawed. I'm saying we've bastardized the word classic. Classic should only be reserved for the best of the best. It should be for timeless classic albums that stand the test of quality, mixed with being something future generations relate to. It's like older albums, what gets remember, what doesn't. Why is What's Going On remembered from 1971, even though Maybe Tomorrow from the Jackson 5 sold 1,000,000 more copies? Because people can relate to it after many years. When people look back, they go to the Jackson 5's first 3 albums, but Maybe Tomorrow is forgotten. My generation, if we want to get music from that era, we'd look at other Jackson 5 albums, or Marvin Gaye, Curtis by Curtis Mayfield. Classics stand the test of time. Only few albums stand the test of time with future generations. We lived it, over time we look at the music even MORE fondly than we did in the 90's. I'm even more excited to listen to Dogg Food than I was in 1995. But do future generations hear the same music and think it's great? Some of it.

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2017, 01:27:23 AM »

How is my logic flawed. I'm saying we've bastardized the word classic. Classic should only be reserved for the best of the best. It should be for timeless classic albums that stand the test of quality, mixed with being something future generations relate to. It's like older albums, what gets remember, what doesn't. Why is What's Going On remembered from 1971, even though Maybe Tomorrow from the Jackson 5 sold 1,000,000 more copies? Because people can relate to it after many years. When people look back, they go to the Jackson 5's first 3 albums, but Maybe Tomorrow is forgotten. My generation, if we want to get music from that era, we'd look at other Jackson 5 albums, or Marvin Gaye, Curtis by Curtis Mayfield. Classics stand the test of time. Only few albums stand the test of time with future generations. We lived it, over time we look at the music even MORE fondly than we did in the 90's. I'm even more excited to listen to Dogg Food than I was in 1995. But do future generations hear the same music and think it's great? Some of it.

oh...so dogg food is of the highest of quality to u, but not to others, so it's not a classic. got u.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2017, 08:56:51 AM »

oh...so dogg food is of the highest of quality to u, but not to others, so it's not a classic. got u.

I'm not the one who calls myself a lamb.

I'm being realistic on the whole thing. I like things. I like things that I think are the greatest ever. But I don't go around claiming what I like is classic, or you're wrong for liking what you like. You can like what you like, I can like what I like. You like Horrorcore Rap. I can't STAND Horrorcore Rap. To me, it's flaming hot garbage. But you do you homie, you do you. You like, more power to you. Out here, people LOVE Slug, I think he's boring. I meet eastcoast heads to are trying to tell me MF Doom is the fuckin' GOAT, better than Rakim! You all do you, you all do you. I can think you're wrong, in fact I'll state it as fact, MF Doom ain't greater than Rakim.

With that said, I'm starting a muthaphukkin' movement! Get the words Classic and GOAT out of Hip-Hop. They are over used. With some exceptions, like Straight Outta Compton, Illmatic, the Chronic, they are classics, and 2Pac, Rakim, Nas, Eminem, those are GOATs. But with the exception of a few other albums and rappers, the words are OVER FUCKIN' USED! That's my new movement. Stop saying your favorite album is classic, because it ain't. It may be great quality, but to others, it ain't last the test of time!

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2017, 09:31:16 AM »
Agree with M Dogg. Still a difference between a very good album and a classic. Best examples of rappers with very good albums but not classics. Ice-T, Too Short, and MC Ren.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sccit

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2017, 10:26:25 AM »
Agree with M Dogg. Still a difference between a very good album and a classic. Best examples of rappers with very good albums but not classics. Ice-T, Too Short, and MC Ren.

TOO SHORT AND ICE T BOTH HAVE CLASSICS

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 10:30:59 AM »

I'm not the one who calls myself a lamb.

I'm being realistic on the whole thing. I like things. I like things that I think are the greatest ever. But I don't go around claiming what I like is classic, or you're wrong for liking what you like. You can like what you like, I can like what I like. You like Horrorcore Rap. I can't STAND Horrorcore Rap. To me, it's flaming hot garbage. But you do you homie, you do you. You like, more power to you. Out here, people LOVE Slug, I think he's boring. I meet eastcoast heads to are trying to tell me MF Doom is the fuckin' GOAT, better than Rakim! You all do you, you all do you. I can think you're wrong, in fact I'll state it as fact, MF Doom ain't greater than Rakim.

With that said, I'm starting a muthaphukkin' movement! Get the words Classic and GOAT out of Hip-Hop. They are over used. With some exceptions, like Straight Outta Compton, Illmatic, the Chronic, they are classics, and 2Pac, Rakim, Nas, Eminem, those are GOATs. But with the exception of a few other albums and rappers, the words are OVER FUCKIN' USED! That's my new movement. Stop saying your favorite album is classic, because it ain't. It may be great quality, but to others, it ain't last the test of time!

the entire premise behind lamb was that we never developed into sheep and remained pure, as opposed to conforming to societal standards. 

if u do or don't consider something classic, i got no problems wit that. that's your choice to make. but when u factor in what OTHERS think, that's when it becomes sheepish. most people are stupid and have terrible taste, so at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what they think.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2017, 10:42:23 AM »

To you they're classics, to me very good. It's all opinion.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sccit

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2017, 10:56:55 AM »

exactly

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2017, 01:04:42 PM »

exactly

Well at least you can understand that.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2017, 01:55:38 PM »

exactly

I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING YOU'VE SAID IN THIS THREAD, YOUR THOUGHTS ARE PRETTY SIMPLE....I HONESTLY THINK THAT YOU'RE HAVING AN ISSUE COMPREHENDING WHERE I'M COMING FROM WHEN I SAY THAT THE TERM CLASSIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT THE GENERAL MASSES THINKS, AND THAT IT'S A SHEEPMADE OUTLOOK.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2017, 11:00:13 AM »

exactly

I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING YOU'VE SAID IN THIS THREAD, YOUR THOUGHTS ARE PRETTY SIMPLE....I HONESTLY THINK THAT YOU'RE HAVING AN ISSUE COMPREHENDING WHERE I'M COMING FROM WHEN I SAY THAT THE TERM CLASSIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT THE GENERAL MASSES THINKS, AND THAT IT'S A SHEEPMADE OUTLOOK.

I understand everything you said. I sort of agree. That's why I'm done with the word classic. Too many lambmade bitches out there saying classic and GOAT, I'm saying kill that. I also am saying, kill saying classic just because you like it. You ain't God, you don't get to label shit classic or a rapper GOAT just because. That's some lambbitchmade shit.

Sccit

« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2017, 11:22:19 AM »

exactly

I understand everything you said. I sort of agree. That's why I'm done with the word classic. Too many lambmade bitches out there saying classic and GOAT, I'm saying kill that. I also am saying, kill saying classic just because you like it. You ain't God, you don't get to label shit classic or a rapper GOAT just because. That's some lambbitchmade shit.

lmao u hella in yo feelings brodie

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »

exactly

lmao u hella in yo feelings brodie

lambmadeassbitch... LOL... nah, you called me sheepmade, and I was like, I'm not the one that calls myself a baby sheep. So I had to point out the irony.  ;)