Author Topic: Was Streetz is a Mutha a near Classic?  (Read 6847 times)

Sccit

Re: Was Streetz is a Mutha a near Classic?
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2017, 07:35:24 PM »
It's still a garbage list lol .. Like bloodmoney said, some generic list you would see on complex

I challenge you to make yours. You wouldn't, because you have no opinions. Just hate.

I'm not hating, that actually IS my opinion....and now you mad, when u claim u were the one tryna make me mad just a few posts up lolsmh.

it's guna take me a full working day to come up with a list fulla hip-hop classics. no way Jose.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 07:40:09 PM »
musically I will never ever acknowledge Carter III as a classic because there were most definitely a handful of garbage tracks that I skipped back then and still do now, but in terms of impact I hate to agree with you lol Carter 1 and II >>> though

I like II myself. LOL. But it's got too many tracks and some of them bring the album down. III had a LOT of singles, and a LOT of garbage. But it basically created that mumble rap shit that's still here 9 years later, mainly because Wayne was too high of syzurp to even rap correctly.

It's still a garbage list lol .. Like bloodmoney said, some generic list you would see on complex

I challenge you to make yours. You wouldn't, because you have no opinions. Just hate.

I'm not hating, that actually IS my opinion....and now you mad, when u claim u were the one tryna make me mad just a few posts up lolsmh.

it's guna take me a full working day to come up with a list fulla hip-hop classics. no way Jose.

IF I WAS MAD I'D TYPE IN CAPS LOCK LIKE YOU. LMAO.

Nah homie, I'm just challenging you because I did take time. I took that time to create a list. I actually did it for myself, because I want to start to collect these on vinyl. I was going to start to order, and buy each one and create a collection of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time. Once I was done, I thought, hey, this is some shit I should throw up on DubCC because why the fuck not? It creates conversation, debate, controversy.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2017, 08:38:46 PM »

Got to go with my x-homie Sccit on this one.... MDogg your list is too generic like something out of a Complex magazine.  Like... "Oh I can't put Slim Shady LP because I already have two other Eminem albums and then I wouldn't look critical enough, and I have to be fair and put Lil Wayne on there..."  and still how can you leave G Funk Era and Dogg Food off?  Overall it's not a bad list and appreciate the covers to go with it...

...and actually Sccit's would probably be worse if he posted it all out with pics like MDogg did, it would have B list/3rd rate artists like Brotha Lynch and X-Raided on there and probably his friend Roccy ;D
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2017, 09:10:21 PM »
musically I will never ever acknowledge Carter III as a classic because there were most definitely a handful of garbage tracks that I skipped back then and still do now, but in terms of impact I hate to agree with you lol Carter 1 and II >>> though

I like II myself. LOL. But it's got too many tracks and some of them bring the album down. III had a LOT of singles, and a LOT of garbage. But it basically created that mumble rap shit that's still here 9 years later, mainly because Wayne was too high of syzurp to even rap correctly.

IF I WAS MAD I'D TYPE IN CAPS LOCK LIKE YOU. LMAO.

Nah homie, I'm just challenging you because I did take time. I took that time to create a list. I actually did it for myself, because I want to start to collect these on vinyl. I was going to start to order, and buy each one and create a collection of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time. Once I was done, I thought, hey, this is some shit I should throw up on DubCC because why the fuck not? It creates conversation, debate, controversy.

lil wayne album a classic for starting the worst era in rap? great logic u got there

I DONT TYPE IN CAPS LOCK TO CONVEY EMOTION. I TYPE IN CAPS LOCK BECAUSE IT GETS OTHERS IN THEY EMOTIONS.

:tupachappy:

props on making a list tho, even if it does suck

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »

Got to go with my x-homie Sccit on this one.... MDogg your list is too generic like something out of a Complex magazine.  Like... "Oh I can't put Slim Shady LP because I already have two other Eminem albums and then I wouldn't look critical enough, and I have to be fair and put Lil Wayne on there..."  and still how can you leave G Funk Era and Dogg Food off?  Overall it's not a bad list and appreciate the covers to go with it...

...and actually Sccit's would probably be worse if he posted it all out with pics like MDogg did, it would have B list/3rd rate artists like Brotha Lynch and X-Raided on there and probably his friend Roccy ;D

I might have brotha lynch & x-raided in there, but I damn sure wouldn't have lil wayne, and I damn sure wouldn't list 2 kendrick albums over undisputed classics like efil4zaffin and dogg food.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2017, 09:27:52 PM »
Haha, you all are proving my original point. In Hip Hop the word classic gets thrown around to much. The word classic is makes in Hip Hop. I post sixty sounds, and then, what about this, what about that? Then you take an album it like Wayne, but then you go, will it makes sense because to be fair to that horrible style of rap everyone has been doing for 9 fucking years. Take out Kendrick, but I'd argue Chronic was a classic in one year, and both K Dot's albums are the critical successes of this horrible era.

Bottom line, the word classic gets thrown around Hip Hop too damn much. There are no Hip Hop classics. The weird should only be used for at most 10 albums. That would be if, Run DMC, Paid in Full, Criminal Minded, Straight Outta Compton, Chronic, Illmatic, Me Against the World, Ready to Die, maybe Blueprint, maybe something else. But the world classic gets thrown around too much, look at my post before I start listing stuff. My "generic" list started as a vinyl list for my personal self, then thought I'd share it a couple years ago to create some conversation and controversy. To me, the list was trying to capture different Hip Hop essential albums. Like you HAVE to own these albums to understand the diversity of Hip Hop. Even Lil' Wayne. But classics, there are only so many classics, it's a watered down word we get mad when someone doesn't think our favorite album isn't 5 mic worthy.

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:35 PM »
Haha, you all are proving my original point. In Hip Hop the word classic gets thrown around to much. The word classic is makes in Hip Hop. I post sixty sounds, and then, what about this, what about that? Then you take an album it like Wayne, but then you go, will it makes sense because to be fair to that horrible style of rap everyone has been doing for 9 fucking years. Take out Kendrick, but I'd argue Chronic was a classic in one year, and both K Dot's albums are the critical successes of this horrible era.

Bottom line, the word classic gets thrown around Hip Hop too damn much. There are no Hip Hop classics. The weird should only be used for at most 10 albums. That would be if, Run DMC, Paid in Full, Criminal Minded, Straight Outta Compton, Chronic, Illmatic, Me Against the World, Ready to Die, maybe Blueprint, maybe something else. But the world classic gets thrown around too much, look at my post before I start listing stuff. My "generic" list started as a vinyl list for my personal self, then thought I'd share it a couple years ago to create some conversation and controversy. To me, the list was trying to capture different Hip Hop essential albums. Like you HAVE to own these albums to understand the diversity of Hip Hop. Even Lil' Wayne. But classics, there are only so many classics, it's a watered down word we get mad when someone doesn't think our favorite album isn't 5 mic worthy.

classic is a vague term...what may be classic to u could be trash to some1 else. like I said originally, to me, the term classic defines quality of work. if an album can bump front to back and has nothin but great music, thats a classic, I don't care if it sold 10 copies or 10 million copies. it's all about the quality. dubee's debut album is a classic to me (and pretty much any hip-hop fan who fux wit bay rap)...but u prolly never even heard it.

but what really fux me up is that u named an album that you just said started a garbage era of hip-hop and u called it a classic. u literally said that lil wayne was too high off of syrup to rap good, but because the dumbass hipster fags made it popular, it's now a hip-hop classic. u are basically the epitome of a sheep g.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2017, 09:43:16 PM »
Because a lot of people thought it was so good that they try to recreate it. It started something that I may not understand, or even like, but you can't deny that others like it. To not understand that it created a movement is to be stubborn. So it was thrown into my list, because it's an essential Hip Hop album.

Since originally making the list myself, I switched what classic makes to me. To me we over use the word classic. Years ago I'd call my list classics, now I only use that word for lack of a better word. I'd say there are only like 10 real classics, the rest are great albums, masterpieces, whatever you want to call them. But I think of it like this, if I had to pick albums to put in the library of Congress to document Hip Hop, and I only had 10, what would I pick? Maybe it's 9, maybe I'd need 11 or 12. But the word classic has to be toned down, because you can't have 100 classic albums.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:45:59 PM by M Dogg™ »

Blood$

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2017, 11:12:34 PM »
classic, street classic, underground classic, personal classic are all one in the same when it comes down to it, some people might only have a dozen albums they would call classic others may have a hundred lol I know if I came up with a list of every album (even outside rap) that I would consider classic in any sense of the word I'd be typing for a day... but I can dig what you're saying about if you had to narrow a list for the library of Congress to represent the genre lol probably have to give them at least 50

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2017, 11:26:11 PM »
Because a lot of people thought it was so good that they try to recreate it. It started something that I may not understand, or even like, but you can't deny that others like it. To not understand that it created a movement is to be stubborn. So it was thrown into my list, because it's an essential Hip Hop album.

Since originally making the list myself, I switched what classic makes to me. To me we over use the word classic. Years ago I'd call my list classics, now I only use that word for lack of a better word. I'd say there are only like 10 real classics, the rest are great albums, masterpieces, whatever you want to call them. But I think of it like this, if I had to pick albums to put in the library of Congress to document Hip Hop, and I only had 10, what would I pick? Maybe it's 9, maybe I'd need 11 or 12. But the word classic has to be toned down, because you can't have 100 classic albums.

so because others like it, it's classic....just like I said, sheep mentality. basically, if the general consensus told u that a piece of shit wrapped in plastic was classic, you'd be inclined to agree.

cmon now

clas·sic
ˈklasik/Submit
adjective
judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

thats the definition. if u don't consider carter III OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY, then its not a classic. period.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2017, 06:57:09 AM »

so because others like it, it's classic....just like I said, sheep mentality. basically, if the general consensus told u that a piece of shit wrapped in plastic was classic, you'd be inclined to agree.

cmon now

clas·sic
ˈklasik/Submit
adjective
judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

thats the definition. if u don't consider carter III OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY, then its not a classic. period.

Nah, if you have read what I've said in this thread, I said that yes, 2 years ago I'd called these classics, but I don't anymore. I think the word classic gets used too much. I'd call this a list of influential albums, which the Carter III is influential, or maybe essential albums to knowing about Hip-Hop. But I'd narrow a list of classics to maybe 10 albums, maybe 15. The word classic is used too damn much.

This definition: judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

Nothing from Brotha Lynch & X-Raided fits that. Outside the westcoast, really Warren G doesn't fit that, outside the south Lil' Wayne doesn't fit that. If I was to narrow down the list of what fits THAT description, I'd have 10-15 albums, 15 MAX. I'd have a lot of songs, A LOT of songs. I'd have a LOT of Bay Area songs. But whole albums, you can find fault in many albums. Warren G on the G Funk Era SUCKED in rapping, many albums have skits that completely throw off the feel of the album listening from front to back, lots of these albums have skipable tracks.

So I DON'T consider Carter III highest quality. I also don't Warren G because of his rapping, Brotha Lynch, X-Raided, Kurupt on Streetz Iz A Mutha. Just because it's west coast and I prefer west coast music doesn't mean I have to label west coast classics as classics! Looking at the whole game, the grand scheme of things, Dogg Food didn't do much to move the needle in Hip-Hop. So just because I bump I Don't Like to Dream About Gettin' Paid the day before every payday don't mean it's a classic. It's a truly dope album, it's a west coast classic and if I was to make a list of albums from the west to listen to, so that person could understand west coast rap, it's be a top 10 album to check out. But that don't make it a classic. As I've said, classic gets WAY over used.

Sccit

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2017, 10:08:29 AM »

cmon now

clas·sic
ˈklasik/Submit
adjective

Nah, if you have read what I've said in this thread, I said that yes, 2 years ago I'd called these classics, but I don't anymore. I think the word classic gets used too much. I'd call this a list of influential albums, which the Carter III is influential, or maybe essential albums to knowing about Hip-Hop. But I'd narrow a list of classics to maybe 10 albums, maybe 15. The word classic is used too damn much.

This definition: judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

Nothing from Brotha Lynch & X-Raided fits that. Outside the westcoast, really Warren G doesn't fit that, outside the south Lil' Wayne doesn't fit that. If I was to narrow down the list of what fits THAT description, I'd have 10-15 albums, 15 MAX. I'd have a lot of songs, A LOT of songs. I'd have a LOT of Bay Area songs. But whole albums, you can find fault in many albums. Warren G on the G Funk Era SUCKED in rapping, many albums have skits that completely throw off the feel of the album listening from front to back, lots of these albums have skipable tracks.

So I DON'T consider Carter III highest quality. I also don't Warren G because of his rapping, Brotha Lynch, X-Raided, Kurupt on Streetz Iz A Mutha. Just because it's west coast and I prefer west coast music doesn't mean I have to label west coast classics as classics! Looking at the whole game, the grand scheme of things, Dogg Food didn't do much to move the needle in Hip-Hop. So just because I bump I Don't Like to Dream About Gettin' Paid the day before every payday don't mean it's a classic. It's a truly dope album, it's a west coast classic and if I was to make a list of albums from the west to listen to, so that person could understand west coast rap, it's be a top 10 album to check out. But that don't make it a classic. As I've said, classic gets WAY over used.

Warren G doesn't have an album of the highest quality/outstanding of its kind? Regulate is pretty much the album that defined the smooth, melodic hip-hop of that era..

Season of da Siccness isn't of the highest quality in terms of horrorcore? It's not outstanding of its kind?? Maybe u should go listen to it again (if uv ever even heard it)

Warren g's album is about as much about the bars as a pink floyd album .. Would u discredit pink floyd because they're not lyrical? It's like discrediting wu tang because there's not enough harmonizing on their shit .. This is the Will B mentality and its retarded. Warren G was the best at what he did .. Brotha lynch was the best at what he did .. Their albums are classics in that regard.

Again, classic has nothing to do with moving the needle, so I duno why u keep bringin that up. It's like saying drake is better than kendrick cuz he sold more records. Dumbass sheep shit. To say there are only 10 rap albums of the highest quality is some snob logic, if I ever heard it.

Blood$

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2017, 10:16:32 AM »
if there can be hundreds of classic movies, shows, books, etc. there can be the same if not more with albums... bottom line

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2017, 11:25:19 AM »
Simple Sccit, because part of judging quality is judging how it moved people, and in Hip-Hop, the culture. Did that piece of work influence others to follow the leader. People are trying to tell me on the East that MF Doom is the GOAT rapper of all time. That's just crazy! MF Doom is a great lyrist, but he hasn't moved the culture. In a genre in which there are many, many giants who moved the culture, then why settle for those that haven't. The moment you start saying, well that's a classic, that's a classic, that's a classic, then what does classic even mean. Then we start talking about the Luniz, who had a great song, well that album has to be classic. Did Mr. Grimm have a classic?

Blood$, easy, movies have been out for over 100 years. Even looking at Hip-Hop, Hip-Hop's been on the radio for 35 years. You say there are 60 classics, just a number. That's almost 2 classics a year. In movies, you say there are 200 classic action movies, because action is a genre. Remember, there are different movie genres out there. You have comedy, you have dramas, you have horror. If you compare movies, then you do music. In music you have rock, you have R&B, you have Hip-Hop, you have whatever L.A.M.B. is. Movies are in different genres, just like music is in different genres.

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »
part of judging quality is judging how it moved people

if you are a sheep

The moment you start saying, well that's a classic, that's a classic, that's a classic, then what does classic even mean

of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind

you are clearly mad based on your snide remarks. don't be upset, just work on your flaws bro.