Author Topic: Caught up in the Game (Daz version vs Doobie version)  (Read 4673 times)

love33

Caught up in the Game (Daz version vs Doobie version)
« on: February 16, 2017, 12:13:42 AM »
They both recorded it on Tha Row and then Daz released the track and added Joe Buddens

Young Doobie Version ft Danny Boy

Daz Version ft Jagged Edge

kuruptDPG

Re: Caught up in the Game (Daz version vs Doobie version)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 01:16:54 AM »
I am pretty sure daz clearly has this song in the vault and decided to copy it

Fresh Bone

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 02:49:13 AM »
Are both songs sampled? I've tried searching Who Sampled Who and there are no records. Danny Boy's singing sounds familar

RoscoeOutlaw

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:07:13 AM »

the deele- just my luck

Quadruple OG

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 08:48:19 AM »
They both recorded it on Tha Row and then Daz released the track and added Joe Buddens

Wrong. Daz recorded it in 2006-07

love33

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 12:34:45 AM »

Wrong. Daz recorded it in 2006-07

Nah, they both recorded it on Tha Row -- it was unreleased -- Tha Row had their artists record MULTIPLE versions of the same song -- there were 5 versions of Nuthin But A G' Thang for example (this happened with a lot of tracks, but just one example) -- Daz took the track with him and he added Joe Buddens (he stole the "RAW" album from Suge, and he stole Soopafly's album, and Pac tracks, and other stuff) -- Suge said there was stolen material off this album in an interview -- he re-released it on his own label in 2007 with Buddens

Jay Wallace

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 06:12:27 PM »
Nah, they both recorded it on Tha Row -- it was unreleased -- Tha Row had their artists record MULTIPLE versions of the same song -- there were 5 versions of Nuthin But A G' Thang for example (this happened with a lot of tracks, but just one example) -- Daz took the track with him and he added Joe Buddens (he stole the "RAW" album from Suge, and he stole Soopafly's album, and Pac tracks, and other stuff) -- Suge said there was stolen material off this album in an interview -- he re-released it on his own label in 2007 with Buddens
Daz didn't produce his version.  John Silva did.  Once again, you're using your imagination to create your own rumor. 

dj coma

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
Daz didn't produce his version.  John Silva did.  Once again, you're using your imagination to create your own rumor. 

Ya, there's zero proof that Daz recorded any version of that song at Death Row.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 06:56:18 AM »
Ya, there's zero proof that Daz recorded any version of that song at Death Row.

This.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

love33

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 12:04:29 AM »

It's the SAME BEAT! Go LISTEN! All they did was make a minor tweak! Silva should be embarrassed to say he "produced" a Stolen Beat!

Mietek23

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 04:09:34 AM »
^^^Dude, it's called sampling - stop it.

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 07:17:40 AM »

dude keeps on embarrassing himself. lol. they just used the same damn loop, One God Cide have done it before them.

i take it he doesn't know about The Deele's Just My Luck (a group comprised, among others, of Babyface & LA Reid, two of the GOAT r&b producers  8))

dj coma

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 11:22:27 AM »

dude keeps on embarrassing himself. lol. they just used the same damn loop, One God Cide have done it before them.

i take it he doesn't know about The Deele's Just My Luck (a group comprised, among others, of Babyface & LA Reid, two of the GOAT r&b producers  8))

The sample, Just My Luck, is posted right above in this thread and the guy somehow still doesn't understand  ::)

bouli77

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 12:07:17 PM »
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, especially if it has blinders on

Jay Wallace

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 12:17:24 PM »
It's the SAME BEAT! Go LISTEN! All they did was make a minor tweak! Silva should be embarrassed to say he "produced" a Stolen Beat!
They aren't the SAME BEAT!  They are sampling the same track and chorus so they sound the same.  The same way, Street Dreams by Nas and All Eyez On Me by 2Pac sound like the same beat.