Author Topic: Do any of you see these artists as human beings?  (Read 1290 times)

Portugoal

Re: Do any of you see these artists as human beings?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 03:08:30 AM »

and any that I've met in person that have been real and down to earth I'll always listen to with a new greater respect

I can't relate to that. I have met a bunch of artists in my life that were actually real cool and with some I have discussed more serious issues like politics and society. Whether we agreed or not, if anything it made me respect the person more, but when I listen to a song I don't necessarily think about the person singing (or rapping). Matter of fact, one of the coolest artists I have met is a Dutch artist who makes horrible music; you'd have to pay me to listen to this guy. lol

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »

and any that I've met in person that have been real and down to earth I'll always listen to with a new greater respect

I can't relate to that. I have met a bunch of artists in my life that were actually real cool and with some I have discussed more serious issues like politics and society. Whether we agreed or not, if anything it made me respect the person more, but when I listen to a song I don't necessarily think about the person singing (or rapping). Matter of fact, one of the coolest artists I have met is a Dutch artist who makes horrible music; you'd have to pay me to listen to this guy. lol

I personally wouldn't even approach artists that I don't listen to if the opportunity was there but it's like for example Uncle Murda, who I've been rocking with since 2006, I got to meet down at SXSW and I initially thought he would be a stand-off type dude based on his music but he was actually chill as fuck and down to earth, chopped it up for a few minutes and wasn't in a hurry to run off

but then Yelawolf is a guy that I always respected but never got into his music heavy like that or listened to him often, and he actually approached me just to compliment my Pimp C jersey that I was wearing at the time asking where I bought it and what not (also a day after he paid for everybody in a gas station where we had first saw him) lol so just off strength of that experience I'll always keep an open ear to his new material and if it's dope enough I'll cop it
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:09:10 PM by Blood$ »

SuperSpider

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 02:53:15 PM »
I honestly don't give two shits about the artists as long as whatever happens to them doesn't impede on their continuous release of material. That doesn't mean I wish them bad or anything, just that me and them are two different worlds and I don't necessarily have the time to care about any of that.

I know a lot of the artists are good people though.

jaytee

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 06:40:35 PM »
All of them, even if I don't like them.