Author Topic: Kurupt - What U Wanna Do (Produced by Dr. Dre) Unreleased Death Row  (Read 6665 times)

LostSkanless

Re: Kurupt - What U Wanna Do (Produced by Dr. Dre) Unreleased Death Row
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »
Good song, it's a shame this is so short. This probably isn't even produced by Dr. Dre though. B1 claimed that CPO Boss Hogg song was produced by Dre and then CPO said that Dre had nothin' to do with it.

B1 is just going off what DAT's, reels, and stuff like that said, and those aren't always 100% accurate. Quik said in an interview that he was paid by Death Row to catalog everything in 95-96 so I'm guessing there wasn't very good organization of the vault prior to that.

I think it also goes back to the age old debate of whether or not what Dre does when he mixes a track is considered producing. Whether right or wrong, we've seen many producers come out and say they didn't get proper credit for stuff that says produced by Dre in the credits.

It's obvious this track was produced by Dre though because as Giesuz mentioned, Kurupt says it in the verse. Plus Kurupt says his age in the verse which makes this song from 92 or early 93, when Dre was actively producing most of the material at the label.

Remember when 50 Cent said "The flow sounds sicker over Dre drums, nigga" on "Disco Inferno" and for a long time everybody thought that the song was produced by Dre, but then it turned out to be produced by Dangerous LLC. There's others who have said the same type of shit on songs that were supposed to be produced by Dre.

after 94 its a toss up 50/50 chance who produced dr dre material, but 93 and back aside from arabian prince songs he did everything. he even let yella get credit for doing zero, straight from yella's mouth. tony green on bassline produced by dr dre

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 11:25:38 AM »

Remember when 50 Cent said "The flow sounds sicker over Dre drums, nigga" on "Disco Inferno" and for a long time everybody thought that the song was produced by Dre, but then it turned out to be produced by Dangerous LLC.

That's different. The og version of Disco Inferno was actually produced by Dr. Dre. The verses were never changed, just the beat.

Did the OG version ever leak? Also why was the beat switched? Dre hadn't cut 50 off yet or started feeding him his leftover C grade beats either.

The OG version never leaked as far as I'm concerned.

Multiply by Xzibit as well "Dre bring that shit back one more time" .. I know Dre helped produce that tho.

Kon Artis did produce at Dre's studio, that's why a lot of artists at the time thought Dre did those beats, 'cause they got them straight from Dre himself, same with "P.I.M.P.". Dre was in the studio when they recorded both these songs and played those beats for X/50/whoever.

Who said that Dre produced the original version?

I think it was 50 himself in some interview, or some other G-Unit member, he/they also explained why the beat was changed but I don't remember it. I think it was from one of those interviews around the time of the G-Unit summer jam reunion, but not sure anymore.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 12:26:26 PM »

Remember when 50 Cent said "The flow sounds sicker over Dre drums, nigga" on "Disco Inferno" and for a long time everybody thought that the song was produced by Dre, but then it turned out to be produced by Dangerous LLC.

That's different. The og version of Disco Inferno was actually produced by Dr. Dre. The verses were never changed, just the beat.

Did the OG version ever leak? Also why was the beat switched? Dre hadn't cut 50 off yet or started feeding him his leftover C grade beats either.

Multiply by Xzibit as well "Dre bring that shit back one more time" .. I know Dre helped produce that tho.

Kon Artis did produce at Dre's studio, that's why a lot of artists at the time thought Dre did those beats, 'cause they got them straight from Dre himself, same with "P.I.M.P.". Dre was in the studio when they recorded both these songs and played those beats for X/50/whoever.

I think it was 50 himself in some interview, or some other G-Unit member, he/they also explained why the beat was changed but I don't remember it. I think it was from one of those interviews around the time of the G-Unit summer jam reunion, but not sure anymore.

dre actually did do work on multiply tho

Shiram619

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »
Dre mixed multiply and had additional production on it from what I remember... that was a pretty good beat

Okka

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 12:38:03 PM »

Are you sayin' that Dre told everybody that they were his beats?

Dre mixed multiply and had additional production on it from what I remember... that was a pretty good beat

Nah, he only mixed it according to the booklet.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »

He definitely co-produced it .. If Dre gets mixing credit, you know off top it's not your typical mix job.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2017, 12:07:41 PM »

No, I'm sayin' the opposite. I'm sayin' that when artists are in Dre's studio, and Dre playes them beats, these artists automaticly start thinkin' that Dre produced them, and they start tellin' interviewers they got Dre produced tracks on their albums.

True.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

dexter

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2017, 01:04:57 PM »

He definitely co-produced it .. If Dre gets mixing credit, you know off top it's not your typical mix job.
they are haters    that hate on DRE