Author Topic: Joey Bada$$ say he's better than 2Pac and would beat him in a battle  (Read 1130 times)

Blood$

all because he has an album dropping  :laugh:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Joey Bada$$ say he's better than 2Pac and would beat him in a battle
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:03:57 AM »
I clicked the link, listen to his little 1:30 video and...

HighEyeCue

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 11:07:50 AM »
Who?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »
Who?

If you want to save a click, which I can understand why, he basically said that the newer generation is better than the old because they took for the old and built on it, making them better... LMFAO... so he's better than 'Pac and could beat him in a battle....  HAHAHAHAHA

It makes no sense, because rappers today ain't lyrical. Even Joey who's more lyrical than most, still isn't as lyrical as the older rappers.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »
Who?

If you want to save a click, which I can understand why, he basically said that the newer generation is better than the old because they took for the old and built on it, making them better... LMFAO... so he's better than 'Pac and could beat him in a battle....  HAHAHAHAHA

It makes no sense, because rappers today ain't lyrical. Even Joey who's more lyrical than most, still isn't as lyrical as the older rappers.

facts

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 11:26:04 AM »
never heard this fag n now making it a point to never check for him

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 11:45:34 AM »
Joey Bada$$ is a dope MC and lyricist and his tapes and album are really some of the best stuff out of the new gen but damn how can he can claim such a thing... so disrespectufl

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »

I mean, he's good. I'm not going to make it sound like he's ass. But he's content isn't much different than a lot of cats these days, and he's pretty lyrical but he ain't the next coming of Nas or Rakim or Eminem. In the 90's, he'd be a step below Mobb Deep.

SuperSpider

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 12:54:30 PM »
Sometimes I'm amazed at how this forum as a whole fails to keep up with hip-hop overall and the new artists who are not trash, yet there are countless threads on producer nobodies who produced ''this one track'' for Young MC in 1989... I understand not being up to date with the garbage artists of course, and I avoid them like the plague as well.

On the topic -->> Joey is not better than 2Pac, but he's a good enough rapper and is obviously trying to market an album, so that's probably a move to create some extra buzz. Everybody's gotta eat somehow

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
Sometimes I'm amazed at how this forum as a whole fails to keep up with hip-hop overall and the new artists who are not trash, yet there are countless threads on producer nobodies who produced ''this one track'' for Young MC in 1989... I understand not being up to date with the garbage artists of course, and I avoid them like the plague as well.

On the topic -->> Joey is not better than 2Pac, but he's a good enough rapper and is obviously trying to market an album, so that's probably a move to create some extra buzz. Everybody's gotta eat somehow

wrong move

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »

I mean, he's good. I'm not going to make it sound like he's ass. But he's content isn't much different than a lot of cats these days, and he's pretty lyrical but he ain't the next coming of Nas or Rakim or Eminem. In the 90's, he'd be a step below Mobb Deep.

agreed, and I bought his debut album plus fucked with his free mixtapes... but this was a bozo move for promotion on his part

dude would never in his life call out somebody who's actually still alive like Eminem, Nas, or Jay

Don Q and Dave East dropping more NYC heat than Joey anyway right now  8)

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »

not to derail my own thread but this is 100 right here... how I feel when I post up some Mozzy in this section and it gets like 30 views and 2 replies lol yet he's buzzing heavy on literally every other website

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »

not to derail my own thread but this is 100 right here... how I feel when I post up some Mozzy in this section and it gets like 30 views and 2 replies lol yet he's buzzing heavy on literally every other website

i fux wit mozzy

2Relevant

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »
joey is good but is no pac if these rappers want to be the goat one day they have to step it up like kdot did and stop with the excuses

Blood$

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 05:00:58 PM »

i fux wit mozzy

I know it, you're one of few on here that stays in the loop with what's currently popping

joey is good but is no pac if these rappers want to be the goat one day they have to step it up like kdot did and stop with the excuses

agreed