Author Topic: Kurupt (feat. Jewell & Mr. Grinch) - 40s & Bud (1994)  (Read 2629 times)

LostSkanless

Re: Kurupt (feat. Jewell & Mr. Grinch) - 40s & Bud (1994)
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 03:28:33 PM »
Keisha Cole & Missy Elliott totally STOLE the Beat for this track -- I know Missy and Timbo were trying to get on Death Row in 1997 & 1998 (according to Danny Boy) -- this beat sounds exactly the same (same sample?)

How are you gonna accuse them of stealing and in the same sentence say you don't know if it's a sample? And yes it is a sample, a very commonly used one at that. If you stepped outside your delusional Death Row fantasy land every now and then you might have heard Biggie's "Juicy" which also uses the same sample.

lol

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2017, 02:50:17 AM »
Keisha Cole & Missy Elliott totally STOLE the Beat for this track -- I know Missy and Timbo were trying to get on Death Row in 1997 & 1998 (according to Danny Boy) -- this beat sounds exactly the same (same sample?)

How are you gonna accuse them of stealing and in the same sentence say you don't know if it's a sample? And yes it is a sample, a very commonly used one at that. If you stepped outside your delusional Death Row fantasy land every now and then you might have heard Biggie's "Juicy" which also uses the same sample.

keep in mind though that it was well known back then in southern cali that when suge and diddy were semi cool suge use to throw diddy beats and leftover samples and for those that don't know that's how biggies juicy was born ;) these are the things that they don't tell you in public  ;) 8)

love33

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 10:58:22 PM »

Is this sarcasm or for real??
keep in mind though that it was well known back then in southern cali that when suge and diddy were semi cool suge use to throw diddy beats and leftover samples and for those that don't know that's how biggies juicy was born ;) these are the things that they don't tell you in public  ;) 8)

Jay Wallace

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 07:03:13 PM »
Love33 kills me with all his "inside info" revisionist history on how Death Row are responsible for every R&B sample that ever got used in hip-hop.  It actually goes deeper.  The idea for the movie, "Back to the Future" came from Suge. He was hanging out with the guy that made the movie and told him about how him and his high school professor would go back to the 60's in his time-traveling low-rider and sell Death Row beats to James Brown. 

Okka

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 10:31:45 AM »
Love33 kills me with all his "inside info" revisionist history on how Death Row are responsible for every R&B sample that ever got used in hip-hop.  It actually goes deeper.  The idea for the movie, "Back to the Future" came from Suge. He was hanging out with the guy that made the movie and told him about how him and his high school professor would go back to the 60's in his time-traveling low-rider and sell Death Row beats to James Brown.

LMFAO.