Author Topic: Remy Ma out here tryna end careers.  (Read 2706 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Remy Ma out here tryna end careers.
« on: March 03, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MTK2bGwzhGk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MTK2bGwzhGk</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IHPrgYxcOSE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IHPrgYxcOSE</a>

Nicki letting Queens down right now by not responding. Fake ass, hoe.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Remy Ma out here tryna end careers.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 01:22:49 PM »
Like literally a fake ass

2Relevant

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 04:08:14 PM »
little do she know her career will be back to irrelevant after this even tho i cant stand nikki she will continue to sell music sell out concerts and sell merch and appear on tv ads while remy goes back to being a local artist sad but its the truth 

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 05:08:37 PM »
"ShETHER" was hard but the second diss was trash

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 07:03:03 PM »
The second diss is already forgotten, but Shether is still buzzing.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 07:55:33 AM »
lets be real shether would've been dismissed if she was a guy but because these are 2 females its got that retard-drawing-a-picture feeling where you gotta put the picture on your refrigerator nomatter how bad it is

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 08:09:40 AM »
"ShETHER" was hard but the second diss was trash

exactly .. she dumb for droppin that. shoulda rode the buzz of shether. now she basically gave nicki a pass by droppin that 2nd diss and making it look like she's desperate for nicki's attention. it was nicki's turn to respond and now her dumb ass took the pressure off by releasing another one. 

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »
lets be real shether would've been dismissed if she was a guy but because these are 2 females its got that retard-drawing-a-picture feeling where you gotta put the picture on your refrigerator nomatter how bad it is

to be fair, when was the last female battle of this magnitude? "Shether" was pretty disrespectful as a diss record should be regardless of the gender

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 05:53:20 PM »
Remy has admitted, she's petty, and Another One was really petty. Still Nicki has to respond, and most NY radio personalities are tweeting almost everyday that Nicki still hasn't responded. So there is still pressure. I don't think Nicki will and I think it's unwise to respond now. She's taking the L on this one and will look really bad in NY.

bouli77

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 08:02:02 PM »
Nicki doesn't feel the need and the pressure to respond. She's a worldwide superstar (more than 75 millions follower on IG,basically 15 million more people than there are in the UK lol) and I doubt she'll use her exposure to respond to Remy. It's not like her career is based on being hardcore and having a street credibility to maintain. She'll survive this by not responding, and she probably doesn't want to acknowledge Remy and give her more exposure.

In Meek Mill's case, it was different, he went after a much bigger artist in terms of sales and popularity even though Mill was doing good for himself, and he tried to act tough. it backfired when Drake's response was surprisingly good and put Drake in a good light and made meek mill the bad, unstable and emotional guy for going at Drake on twitter out of the blue like that.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 08:04:41 PM »
Nicki doesn't feel the need and the pressure to respond. She's a worldwide superstar (more than 75 millions follower on IG,basically 15 million more people than there are in the UK lol) and I doubt she'll use her exposure to respond to Remy. It's not like her career is based on being hardcore and having a street credibility to maintain. She'll survive this by not responding, and she probably doesn't want to acknowledge Remy and give her more exposure.

In Meek Mill's case, it was different, he went after a much bigger artist in terms of sales and popularity even though Mill was doing good for himself, and he tried to act tough. it backfired when Drake's response was surprisingly good and put Drake in a good light and made meek mill the bad, unstable and emotional guy for going at Drake on twitter out of the blue like that.

at the end of the day, it's still hip-hop, and nicki still got shitted on....if remy woulda left it at shether, nicki woulda looked weak not responding.

but wit that second diss joint remy released, she took the pressure off by painting herself attention craved.

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 08:14:35 PM »
you're right about it being hip hop but you gotta remember nowadays Nicki is bigger than hip hop, she's like a female Drake or Lil Wayne. most of her income and fanbase don't come from Hip Hop, for example she's at the Paris Fashion Show this week, it's all over the tabloids who haven't got a clue about Hip Hop and don't give a fuck but yet still give her all the attention. so if she responds to Remy, these tabloids will be likely to break the story of the diss, thus shedding light on Remy's diss and discrediting Nicki. she's not about to do that. i'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing but just that she doesn't even have to bother to respond to this and it would be counter productive for her to do so. she'll let that slide and act like nothing happened.

kinda like how Freddie Gibbs went at Jeezy, remember ? Freddie Gibbs wanted to diss him so much to the point where all the Jeezy interviews would revolve around him not responding. in the end, it didn't work, people didn't really care about Gibbs, Jeezy's career was unaffected, and Jeezy politely touched on the subject years later by saying that he had tried to promote Freddie Gibbs like he did with YG but things never really took of.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 08:19:24 PM »
you're right about it being hip hop but you gotta remember nowadays Nicki is bigger than hip hop, she's like a female Drake or Lil Wayne. most of her income and fanbase don't come from Hip Hop, for example she's at the Paris Fashion Show this week, it's all over the tabloids who haven't got a clue about Hip Hop and don't give a fuck but yet still give her all the attention. so if she responds to Remy, these tabloids will be likely to break the story of the diss, thus shedding light on Remy's diss and discrediting Nicki. she's not about to do that. i'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing but just that she doesn't even have to bother to respond to this and it would be counter productive for her to do so. she'll let that slide and act like nothing happened.

kinda like how Freddie Gibbs went at Jeezy, remember ? Freddie Gibbs wanted to diss him so much to the point where all the Jeezy interviews would revolve around him not responding. in the end, it didn't work, people didn't really care about Gibbs, Jeezy's career was unaffected, and Jeezy politely touched on the subject years later by saying that he had tried to promote Freddie Gibbs like he did with YG but things never really took of.

that don't matter tho, she's guna lose the respect of the hip-hop heads....remember, iggy azalea was doin fashion shows and had all the publicity in the world too.....but once u lose the respect of the hip-hop crowd, things can go sour quick.

everyone knows about the diss by now, nicki doesn't have to worry about giving it any more exposure lol

bouli77

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 08:28:50 PM »
that's exactly my point, she doesn't really care about the respect of the hip hop heads, all she has to do is remain relevant to those who actually buy records, and those are pre-teens and teens. as long as she does that, and she's pushed by the media and industry. she'll be fine.

everyone in the hip hop online community knows about the diss and some beyond, but remember there's a realm beyond hip hop fans, and Nicki's fanbase is mostly composed of people outside that realm. she's not strictly hip hop anymore. just like Drake. I seriously doubt most of the people who buy Drake's shit and keep him relevant have even heard the diss songs they traded with Meek. you gotta a lot of casual pop listeners who're not into hip hop who buy drake's shit, and you also got casual rap listeners who will listen to anything that's hot on the radio and not care about the rest.

the comparison with Iggy is a bit off though, Iggy was a novelty thing whereas Nicki has been an established superstar for close to a decade now and doesn't need the support from the hip hop community in the US to continue thriving, she's in demand all over the world. Iggy was coming up, signed under TI and also she alienated a lot people for her perceived white privilege and culture vulture attitude (same thing that was reproached with Macklemore)

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 09:39:03 PM »
that's exactly my point, she doesn't really care about the respect of the hip hop heads, all she has to do is remain relevant to those who actually buy records, and those are pre-teens and teens. as long as she does that, and she's pushed by the media and industry. she'll be fine.

everyone in the hip hop online community knows about the diss and some beyond, but remember there's a realm beyond hip hop fans, and Nicki's fanbase is mostly composed of people outside that realm. she's not strictly hip hop anymore. just like Drake. I seriously doubt most of the people who buy Drake's shit and keep him relevant have even heard the diss songs they traded with Meek. you gotta a lot of casual pop listeners who're not into hip hop who buy drake's shit, and you also got casual rap listeners who will listen to anything that's hot on the radio and not care about the rest.

the comparison with Iggy is a bit off though, Iggy was a novelty thing whereas Nicki has been an established superstar for close to a decade now and doesn't need the support from the hip hop community in the US to continue thriving, she's in demand all over the world. Iggy was coming up, signed under TI and also she alienated a lot people for her perceived white privilege and culture vulture attitude (same thing that was reproached with Macklemore)

she definitely cares...u shoulda seen her all in her feelings on twitter, Instagram, dissin radio personalities for not having her back, having emotional breakdowns, etc.....she clearly cares about what the hip-hop crowd thinks, even if she won't admit it. she likes to paint herself as a real emcee, so it's not like she's a random pop act who doesn't know the culture.

she will be fine, but this definitely bothers her more than she'll let on.

I dunno if u were in America when the meek vs drake shit was going on, but believe me when I say EVERYONE heard about it... back 2 back was bangin in clubs, it got more play than most his singles, so yea, even the teeny boppers know whats good wit these hip-hop beefs out here.

you say that iggy was a novelty...well, thats EXACTLY what remy is tryna do. tryna paint her as a novelty as opposed to a real emcee. and I'm sure she aint guna finish her jus like that, but the respect of the culture is definitely dwindling here.

ja rule is another example...when he had his beef wit 50, he was a huge celebrity. but once he lost the respect of the culture, it was over for him..I know hip-hop aint like it used to be, but this will still leave a mark, regardless.

I just really wish remy's dumbass didn't drop "another one", because it killed all the buzz and now she jus looks like a groupie.