Author Topic: MC Eiht Says DJ Premier "Which Way Iz West" Album NOT For Freshman Class  (Read 3937 times)

Marco

LOS ANGELES, CA – Since taking the gangster rap world by storm with his 1993 breakout hit, “Streiht Up Menace,” which was featured in the cult classic film, Menace II Society, MC Eiht has continued holding down his spot among the Hip Hop elite. Beginning with 1994’s We Come Strapped, his solo output has also been fairly consistent, culminating with his twelfth offering, Compton’s O.G., in 2006. The 44-year-old vet and founding member of Compton’s Most Wanted is now gearing up to release lucky number thirteen, a collaborative project with DJ Premier titled Which Way Iz West, which he says is “not for the Freshman of 2017.”

A-Wax: Eiht is famously known for not only appearing in Menace II Society but having the most recognizable song from its soundtrack.

“It’s not for the new class,” Eiht tells HipHopDX. “It’s not for them. My music is for people who love Ice Cube and for people who love Dr. Dre’s first record. My music is for people who liked Nas’ first record—that type of era of music. Not to say that I’ve switched up to this righteous intellect. I’m still MC Eiht on that Compton’s Most Wanted shit, but the music or verses don’t reflect the bullshit of today. When you pop in Which Way Iz West when it come out, you gonna go, ‘Oh this is some of that 1990s shit.’ That’s what it is. We trying to give you that feel. That’s all.”

Preemo and Eiht have already shot two videos for the project, and the album is completely mixed and mastered. It’s being released as a joint venture between Premier’s label, Year Round Records, and Eiht’s imprint, Blue Stamp Music.

“Right now, we are finishing the cover art and setting the official release date,” he says. “I’m lookin’ forward to bringing back some quality in West Coast music and in general.”

When Eiht began making music, he never imagined he’d be going on nationwide tours, selling countless albums or working with some of Hip Hop’s most coveted artists. In East Compton, where he spent his childhood, his only goal was to gain the respect of the homies on the block. Now, however, his name is often mentioned in the same breath as Eazy-E, N.W.A and Ice Cube. DJ Premier and Eiht are aiming to drop the new album mid-February with a goal of continuing the West Coast legacy of innovative, unforgettable music.

If Pirus & Crips All Got Along: Eiht got put on the new generation’s radar back in 2012 thanks to his appearance on Kendrick Lamar’s landmark debut, good kid, m.A.A.d. city.

“It’s been a long time since we first started with our type of music as far as the West Coast is concerned, but I feel it’s been pretty significant over the years,” he says. “If you look down the line, we’ve produced or put out some of the most prolific rappers— from myself and Eazy-E to Dre and Snoop. The list goes on with The Game, Kendrick, and whoever else, too. As far as representing the West Coast or Compton, our music has come a long way— from when we first started with Ice T’s ‘Six ‘N The Mornin’ to Kendrick Lamar winning Grammys and whatever, so West Coast and Compton music is significant as far as Hip Hop as a whole is concerned. You have to put us right there with the pioneers like Kool Herc and Grandmaster Flash. No doubt.”

Source: HipHopDX
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Blood$

same song and dance since 2009... believe it when I see and hear it

2Relevant

even tho i believe this is never coming out DJ Premier would be wasting his talents and time on a nobody like MC Eiht why even bother putting in hard work on a album that nobody gonna buy

SuperSpider

even tho i believe this is never coming out DJ Premier would be wasting his talents and time on a nobody like MC Eiht why even bother putting in hard work on a album that nobody gonna buy

I can think of a reason....Cause that's his fucking job.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Premo has worked with Eiht in the past. I think it would be some great shit to hear. I'm not sure about hearing a 50 year old still talking about the streetz though, but it has my interest.

SuperSpider

Premo has worked with Eiht in the past. I think it would be some great shit to hear. I'm not sure about hearing a 50 year old still talking about the streetz though, but it has my interest.

Dre did the same thing on the Compton album and yet people ate it all up, so I think there would probably be some interest for this album as well.

Blood$

Dre did the same thing on the Compton album and yet people ate it all up, so I think there would probably be some interest for this album as well.

pretty sure most of us on here would be checking for this despite the content but it's not going to come out

2Relevant

cause dre is a somebody

doggfather

its gonna be shame if he is for freshman class...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Hopefully this means they're getting ready to release the damn thing.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

I do think though that a 50 year old rapping about the streets is why Compton didn't have the same impact long term as other Dre projects. But people were interested.

Okka

I thought Premo only produced a couple of songs for the album. I don't understand why people keep callin' it a Eiht/Premier album, for example:

Re: MC Eiht Says DJ Premier "Which Way Iz West" Album NOT For Freshman Class

ILoveQSeven

Latest info from eihts IG:

eiht0eiht Album drops June 1st official

doggfather

Latest info from eihts IG:

eiht0eiht Album drops June 1st official

Lol
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

ILoveQSeven

eiht0eiht GEAH YALL AIN'T READY
Single OUT 4/28
ALBUM DROPS 6/1 WWIW @DJPREMIER @BRENKSINATRA @THEREALDUBWC
VIDEO DROPS 5/2 OFFICIAL