Author Topic: Rakim - Oh My God [Never Released Aftermath Album]  (Read 2510 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

Rakim - Oh My God [Never Released Aftermath Album]
« on: March 07, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »
I'm opening another Thread regarding this album that unfortunately never seen the light of the day...
Rakim signed to Dre's Aftermath label back in 2002 and was supposed to drop a solo but due to musical differences between Rakim and Dre, Rakim left the label and if Im correct he only did like 3 official songs while on there, "Addictive" from Truth Hurts 1st solo, "The Watcher 2" from Blueprint 2 and "R.A.K.I.M." from 8 Miles OST.
We all know the classic "After You Die" that leaked during thise session  8)
So my question is, was there any other tracks that leaked while Rakim was on aftermath? and if you have any comment or info regarding this album or the time Rakim spent on aftermath I would be glad to learn about it.

Blood$

Re: Rakim - Oh My God [Never Released Aftermath Album]
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 01:23:54 PM »
I just bought that Truth Hurts single on vinyl this past weekend for a buck lol

I'd love to hear anything he recorded during that era

SuperSpider

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
That ''After you Die'' verse though, thanks for reminding me about this masterpiece  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 02:00:08 AM »
Welcome 2 Da Hood leaked from that time, beat is shockingly shite for Dre's standard (not saying he produced it, but if he was in charge of quality control, he let Ra spit on anything), lyrics and flow are on point for some gully shit, though.

He did another RnB collabo, i can't remember the name of the other artist, some unknown lady, song is a bit weak.

Cold Feeling produced by Ayatollah was released on vinyl, got me hyped for the LP before any of the official songs were released. Beat is kinda dope, but sounds like it's missing something. Wish Dre could have co-produced it to sprinkle the little magic he adds.

At least some of the song It Ain't Cool with Truth Hurts was released on a J Love mixtape, sounds like Hi-Tek produced it (in some mag interview, he's alleged to have produced a song called Too Cool). Seeing how 50 steals other artists beats, i wish the Hi-Tek beat for the LP was G-Unit, Rakim flowing over that beat would have been up to the level of bonkers i was expecting, but this is just my opinion.

Stat Quo said all the 50 Cent Dre beats for GRODT were from Oh My God, Whilst Ra hasn't confirmed this, Kon Artist said he did a version of Heat before 50 got on it.

Apparently Dre wanted Ra to spit on the Family Affair beat, but Ra thought it sounded too much like an RnB beat, so Dre gave it to Mary.

M.O.P said in an interview that Ra asked them to do a collabo for the LP.

And Rakim signed back in 2000, not 2002.

Not sure if his verse on  Alicia Keys Streets of New York with Nas was whilst he was on Aftermath or just after he was dropped/left the label.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

jaytee

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 02:18:33 AM »
Addictive (Remix) It has a new verse by Rakim.
Heat by 50 Cent was originally intended for Rakim, but he didn't want to bring the guns back out.

This is only speculation on my part, but I really believe that some of the beats that Obie Trice got were meant Rakim or Detox. Especially, "Oh!"

CharlieBrown

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 02:33:33 AM »
Apparently he did actually record the verses on the Heat beat, but wasn't as gangsta as 50 is on it. Being more preachy about the evil of guns and the consequences of using them. Or something like that. But pretty sure he did record it.

jaytee

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 02:57:04 PM »
Stat Quo said all the 50 Cent Dre beats for GRODT were from Oh My God, Whilst Ra hasn't confirmed this

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CD-hze1txQo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CD-hze1txQo</a>

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 08:07:30 PM »
this album not dropping may be the biggest anticipointment in hip-hop history.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 12:28:23 AM »
Thank you guys for bringing these stories  8)

CharlieBrown

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 01:51:59 AM »
My playlist to help ease the pain of this still being unreleased is as follows:

1. Cold Feelin' - Rakim (Produced by Ayatollah) This is just the beginning of the Aftermath...
2. In the Ghetto - The Roots ft. Rakim (Produced by J.Period) I know it's after his Aftermath period but it kinda fits with the playlist.
3. Streets of New York - Alicia Keys ft. Nas & Rakim (Produced by DJ Premier)
4. Heat - 50 Cent (Produced by Dr. Dre) Originally spat on by Rakim.
5. Back Down Instrumental - (Produced by Dr. Dre) Thats the sound of you dying.
6. Fly Away - Noelle (Produced by Fredwreck) - I know it's not Rakim, but musically it fits in with Heat and the theme I went with for the playlist.
7. Do U Ever? - (Produced by Dr. Dre)
8. Family Affair Instrumental - (Produced by Dr. Dre) As Ra said in an interview Dre wanted him to spit over it.
9. In Da Club - 50 Cent (Produced by Dr. Dre) Why can't the first place you go when you die be a night club? and he sees Xzibit...
10. Losin' Your Mind - Xzibit ft. Snoop & Dr. Dre (Produced by Dr. Dre) ... Who has a conversation with God.
11. Chariots of the Gods - (Produced by Ayatollah) Instrumental that I think Rakim would sound sick over. And the title hints at Ra being a vessel for God.
12. R.A.K.I.M - Rakim (Produced by Kon Artist) Here comes the vessel for man to talk with God.
13. After U Die - Rakim (Produced by Kon Artist) Rakim letting you know what you're in for.
14. Addictive (Remix) - Truth Hurts ft. Rakim (Produced by Dr. Dre) Because the first thing you wanna do when you die is reach..
15. Euphoria - Rakim ft. Styles P, Jadakiss & Busta Rhymes (Produced by can't remember)
16. Holy Are You - Rakim (Produced by Nick Wiz) When you begin to realise you're already in the Afterlife and talking to God.
17. The Watcher II - Jay-Z ft. Dr. Dre, Rakim & Truth Hurts (Produced by Dr. Dre) Gods gotta go back to watching humanity.

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 12:48:57 PM »

1. Cold Feelin' - Rakim (Produced by Ayatollah) This is just the beginning of the Aftermath...
2. In the Ghetto - The Roots ft. Rakim (Produced by J.Period) I know it's after his Aftermath period but it kinda fits with the playlist.
6. Fly Away - Noelle (Produced by Fredwreck) - I know it's not Rakim, but musically it fits in with Heat and the theme I went with for the playlist.
8. Family Affair Instrumental - (Produced by Dr. Dre) As Ra said in an interview Dre wanted him to spit over it.
9. In Da Club - 50 Cent (Produced by Dr. Dre) Why can't the first place you go when you die be a night club? and he sees Xzibit...
10. Losin' Your Mind - Xzibit ft. Snoop & Dr. Dre (Produced by Dr. Dre) ... Who has a conversation with God.
11. Chariots of the Gods - (Produced by Ayatollah) Instrumental that I think Rakim would sound sick over. And the title hints at Ra being a vessel for God.
12. R.A.K.I.M - Rakim (Produced by Kon Artist) Here comes the vessel for man to talk with God.
13. After U Die - Rakim (Produced by Kon Artist) Rakim letting you know what you're in for.
14. Addictive (Remix) - Truth Hurts ft. Rakim (Produced by Dr. Dre) Because the first thing you wanna do when you die is reach..
15. Euphoria - Rakim ft. Styles P, Jadakiss & Busta Rhymes (Produced by can't remember)
16. Holy Are You - Rakim (Produced by Nick Wiz) When you begin to realise you're already in the Afterlife and talking to God.
17. The Watcher II - Jay-Z ft. Dr. Dre, Rakim & Truth Hurts (Produced by Dr. Dre) Gods gotta go back to watching humanity.

PM me some lanks holmes.

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »

PM me some lanks holmes.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »
Yeah that after you die shit was crazy... dark and ghostly.... the bussa buss version was trash...

True story I was actually driving to play basketball with a friend of mine in the passenger seat listening to "After You Die" and he was nodding his head thinking bout the lyrics and shit... a month later that same friend was murdered.... This was during the prime of my Muslim phase I was trying to stear this young bro in the path of Islam he was a Muslim but messing around in the streetz
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:19:38 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

CharlieBrown

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 12:38:25 AM »

PM me some lanks holmes.

I don't have music on the computer i post on here with, sorry folks.

k1000

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 11:58:08 AM »
no proselytism in here, please.