Author Topic: HELP WITH COOL EDIT  (Read 97 times)

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
HELP WITH COOL EDIT
« on: April 26, 2003, 11:04:10 AM »
i got a question bout cool edit pro...how do i just add effects to the vocals when im editing a song? when i finish a track and i want to edit it, and say i wanna put a chorus effect to a certain selection, it choruses the vocals but it also choruses the beat...is there any way to just add chorus to the vocals?
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

KonSICKwence

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • STRAIGHT PIMP... what else is there to say?
Re:HELP WITH COOL EDIT
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 11:28:44 AM »
you can click the efx panel on the side of your vocal track and add them that way just to your vocals (but this will effect your entire vocal track) if you are sure what you want to add and want to do it more proffesional so it doesnt make your ocmputer lag then "right click" on your vocal track and I think its the top one click
"edit waveform" then it will take you to just a single track of your vocals where you can highlight the individual parts of your vocals you wanna add effects to the effects are under "effects"  and you can adjust them however you would like (cuz most of the effects are kinda corny so just mess around till you get the feel your lookin for the wider the width the better coruss... if you dont want all that weird stuff in your chorus you can go to into "amplify" then down to pan/expand" and click "mass expansion" then add some reverb of your level and that will be a sufficient chorus"

hope thishelps...

pz

KoNSICKwence

p.s. do you know how to make pics smaller?
TEXT KonSICKwence's Ineffable Productionz... http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=24092 ..thanx..pz  .[/glow]

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:HELP WITH COOL EDIT
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 12:09:14 PM »
You have to edit it before you actually mix it like Konsickwence said, so that you are only editing the vocal wav file instead of the whole song.