Author Topic: Six-2 Interview (Talks New Genacide Album & Upcoming Solo Album  (Read 332 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
http://www.illuminati2g.com/untouchable/2017/02/25/six-two-interview/

We once again linked up with Mr Two Face AKA Six Two for another interview. we discuss The reunion Genacide album with El Dog, upcoming solo projects, the Dallas/Fort Worth hip hop scene and much more so check it out.
I2G:
All right we’re here with the one and only Six Two, how’s it going man?
Six 2:
Man, I’m good. How you feeling man?
I2G:
Good, good. Let’s get right into it. Big news from toward the end of last year. You announced the new Genacide album coming out. Just tell me a little bit about the new album and how it came together with you and El Dog.
Six 2:
The new album is called Overkill. It kind of started down when El Dog hit me. And was like, “Man, we need to hook up, I got a couple ideas.” This what El Dog tell me. I asked him where y’all at? They was at the studio at the moment. So, I got in the car and went over there. Blue had already had a bunch of beats that they had been working on. And man, I’m talking about soon as we started putting them headphones on we just started cooking.
We kind of supposed to been done did it, but you know we kind of just took a little break and did other stuff. Did ghost writing for people here and there. Or features here and there. We kind of waited on the album. But it came together.
I2G:
How would you say the sound on Overkill would be different from you guys’ first few group albums together?
Six 2:
Man, it’s more… Since everything done went so digital… I mean I don’t know it’s still live though. Because you know Blue, he play every instrument known to man. It’s just more intensifying than the last album. And its more grown up. We’re learning. The whole little blueprint or whatever on making songs.
We took it there a little bit more and spoke on current events. Like, from political shit to the police. With how everything is going. And now a days with all this social media it’s just crazy. That’s kind of what we speaking on on this album. At the same time teaching people the in’s and out’s on stuff that we go through in the hood. As far as whether it be trying to hustle, or whatever your professions may be. It’s ups and down’s. It ain’t just all gravy. It ain’t just all peaches and cream. And we call it Overkill because we killing it far as the songs we doing. And just the game and you know… It’s just overkill.
I2G:
Absolutely. Now as far as videos or visuals, you guys working on any current singles that’s getting ready to drop or video’s that’s getting ready to drop soon from the project?
Six 2:
Yeah, matter fact we still cooking on it. We probably got a couple more songs we want to add. We was gonna… We just didn’t want to rush it so we went back and instead of putting it out… We was going to do it in October, but we waited until 2017 to really get it right. Because we’re gonna shoot… We got a commercial we’re doing with this guy. A TV commercial or whatever for a custom car place.
We kind of adding that into it too. He kind of wants to get behind the movement, and push it too. But, we’re gonna shoot a video to “M.O.E.”, I think we’re shooting a video to this one called “Reach the Sky”. And than it’s a couple more on there; “The Game”. We’re gonna knock out. Probably about the end of this month. Or the first of the next month. First February.
I2G:
Ok.
Six 2:
Yeah, probably around Spring. How it’s looking now because we just want to make sure it’s right once we get it out there and we want to add more songs. Kind of in a little minute. So we gotta make sure we get them enough to… This ain’t been happening in 50 years plus. You feel me.
I2G:
Absolutely. That leads perfect to my next question. I just want to get, with you guys previous albums, maybe your favorite track or your favorite moments from those albums. So the first one from Genacide Mixed up Murder do you have any favorite tracks or memories creating that in the studio with El Dog.
Six 2:
Yeah man, them were some good nights. Because we had fun making the music. My favorite one was… Well there was a bunch of them; “Act Like you Know”, “Mixed up Murder”. It’s a lot of them on there that were dope. G thang the album, you know we had a lot of heat. We had a lot. I got a couple of them you know I can’t really think of one I would be like… Yeah, Act Like you Know was tight though but that Sour Cream. I’m like boy…, that was the hit.
I2G:
And than next there’s Waste Uva Cular. Do you have a favorite track or moment creating that album with El Dog?
Six 2:
Yeah, Da Citi is. Because we had produced that one too with Blue. And the idea was like take this, and do this, and woo woo. Than, take a bullet because we was like speaking on from homies and people that we grew up around. The experiences that we was going through. Dropping jewels and at the same time entertaining people. What’s another one? I’m a Gorilla. That was a good one. Ghetto Ride. Because that was like letting everybody know this where we from. This little party city. We gonna take you on a ghetto ride and let you know where we come from. So we had a good time doing that one.
Every time we get together it’s a tribute. It’s magic. Like I said with this Overkill album, soon as we connected, it just… That shit just came out. And than Blue… The music just… We like live shit. That electronica type shit. But it don’t matter. We’ll show out on anything. But, it’s something about the live instrument and than using your instruments, your boys. It just… You get lost in the music.
I2G:
Absolutely. As far as this new album Overkill do you personally have a track that you like so far? Or you guys… You say you’re still in the creative process. Any stand out studio track that brings back old memories you guys are just knocking them out it’s more the moment with L Dog as opposed to a certain track that sticks out to you?
Six 2:
Yeah it like when you listen to it, you gonna automatically listen to the whole thing. But, “The Game”, it’s one called “The Game”. Every time I listen to that I get lost. “M.O.E.”, that’s the same way. We got some heat on there. This guy, whatever he sing on is just classic. This dude is… I can’t even explain it. He’s a beast. Better or worse. Reach to the sky. We got a little girl on there she’s nine years old and I’m talking about she’s showing out like us.
That’s gonna be one of those songs to where the younger generation… You know, we’re not on there cussing or nothing. I but, yeah its the word, the younger generation can listen to it. There’s another one, “Family Dinner”, I like that. Man it’s a bunch of them. It’s crazy too. And we still adding them too. Everybody saying… we got one we’re doing with…., It just fun period to be back in that mode and it takes me back to you know like I said that energy. Once we kind of like, we could be sitting there writing and be right there in front of each other but we ain’t saying nothing until we get on the mic. You know. And we just automatically link up. But it’s from his point of view, and my point of view. But we be on the same thing just automatically. It’s weird. I love it. I couldn’t wait to do it. It’s like I got my energy back. Because it’s crazy how I was still putting out little street albums and shit like that but it’s kind of a different…
It’s like a baby. This what crunk up everything. So it’s like going back to your roots and starting fresh because… Let you know, yeah, this what the business is. For real.
I2G:
Ok.
Six 2:
It’s gonna be a nice album. I’m digging a lot of them. I’m pretty sure the people that hear it, they gonna appreciate it.
I2G:
Now with this album coming out, Erotic D just dropped 33 Agg towards the end of last year. El Dog was all over that record. You just dropped a new single as well. Just want your thoughts on the music scene right now coming out of Dallas, Ft. Worth, and just the music that’s coming out. Just your thoughts on the music scene and where you think it’s headed in 2017.
Six 2:
Man, I’m proud. Because these little cats showing out. I wanted to put this out there; I’m working with the Supreme team, and this little cat named Jaio, I’m talking about Jaio Gator Gang. You got to look him up. This little dude is a star. I feel like this must be how Dre and Doc felt when they heard me. This little dude got it. And he a humble well-rounded dude. Street dude, but he’s smart. And he realize that, okay this a whole ‘nother field right here. This what I want to do, but I’m not gonna mix this street shit into that. He on his business, I’m talking about as soon as it happen for him he quit fucking with the street. And the guy Supreme, took this dude up under his wing. And got him outta the beast. Out the belly. And he working with them cats.
I’m gonna be working with them and making sure… You know go through some of the, I guess you could say bad situations we went through. As far as little shit that didn’t go right. Paperwork and all that type of shit. Making shows, each month. It’s like he watching the shit that other people go through and he making sure he don’t step in that shit. Like damn that dude stepping in shit he fucked up his shoe. So I ain’t going to walk that way. I’m going to go this way.
I2G:
Right.
Six 2:
He got his own lane. I just wanted to put that out there. Jaio, that little dude showed out. Spud Boom, Solo Lucci, Lowkey. These little cats showing out and I’m proud that for one I’m from… They grabbed that baton and took off. Them shorties took off man. I can’t wait to work with them too. It’s just we been working on this Genocide shit trying to get that done.
We been checking out the radar and shit, I knew it when I heard. I said soon as I heard this little dude I said that little dude right there gonna be cold. And not even a day later, I bump into him in the car wash, so I can tell him that. And that’s crazy I just posted up the picture because I had told my partner Supreme, man I been, I told him that, shit when that shit happen don’t look back. Enjoy the moment, handle your business. The hood gonna be here when you get back. And shit we got your back 1000%.
But I’m proud of Dallas. It’s a list of cats that’s showing out. Flex God, everybody… Lil Twisted Black, he just dropped a mix CD. These little cats… The youth they picked it up. So yeah it’s on us to be the guy at they show, make sure everything go smooth for them.
I2G:
Ok, absolutely. Back to… You actually dropped a new single entitled, “I Want It”. Much different vibe than a lot of your other music. Are you currently working on a new solo project that’s gonna drop after genocide, or just kind of a single you wanted to throw out there for the moment.
Six 2:
Yeah, I was gonna wait on it, just like buying a little time giving them something to vibe to. But, yeah that’s from the Next Julian Street Music Experience. That’s what I want to drop after the Genocide album. But I got… I kind of been doing every 21 days at seven, eight songs, just to bam… Here y’all go. Just for the people period. For supporting me and being there.
I give them those couple songs, but the album it’s that hit. It’s gonna be on some fly player type shit. The modern day Mack. That’s the mind frame on it. Some of that Genocide shit gonna be on it too, because I can’t help it. But it’s really gonna be, focus on, some Mack player type shit. And about getting some money.
I2G:
Ok.
Six 2:
I’m damn near through with that though too. I probably got a couple more songs I want to add to it, because a couple a more different vibes. I want the album to be, where you can play it anywhere. You know, have some reggae style. I got this track. I got this song called, “Just Choose”, with Cory Blues, yeah, he from Houston. He showing out. I’m talking about this little dude can sing. Motherfucker can sing. I’m about to have 16, 17 songs on it.
I2G:
I don’t know if your familiar with Papa Reu from Houston. I think that would be a nice collaboration, you and him.
Six 2:
Yeah, man my partner El Dog he working on a album too. And me and him working on some shit, matter fact. On his album. I want to do something with that cat. I used to listen to him back when we… Yeah that nigga that jam. So shit I want to try to mix in with everybody man. Network, that way we hook up something classic man.
I2G:
Ok, now you said that you want that solo project, that project will actually come out after Genocide right?
Six 2:
Yeah. I just like the little stuff I been putting out, like I said I wasn’t even supposed to put “I Want It” out yet, and just I couldn’t wait. It was on some grown folk shit too and I just wanted too kind of let them know here it come.
But it still so much other shit I got that is going on. I was gonna save that one, to let them know after they hear all this other shit that I’m gonna say. They gonna be like “he don’t got no damn heart for women.” But, I mean it ain’t even like that. I’m sounding like… I’m letting them know go on get your money we don’t discriminate we participate around here.
Whatever you do, I ain’t gonna knock you if you getting paid for it, don’t do it for nothing. So, it’s kind of like… And than the women that’s handling they own business and don’t need a mother fucker for nothing… If anything she’ll help you better yourself. Shout out to them. That’s the next shit. Players don’t do no cake shit, the game has been in games forever. So you got to go by the book. All this different new shit that they doing is fucking the game up. Ain’t cool, speaking on that.
Just doing me, having fun, cooking up that music. Lee Harris, goddammit DJ Whiz. He did a couple of tracks. I got this one, I don’t even know what we’re gonna call it either. Right now we call it “Shake Shit up”, but… It’s like some… It’s live. It’s some party type shit. It’s one of them ones where I say, “Shout out to the women, go on do your thing, get your money. We checking you out, we see you shining, goddammit, we see you shining.” I ain’t gonna tell you nothing wrong, if I tell you put your head, it must ain’t gonna hurt you. I ain’t gonna tell you nothing wrong.
I2G:
Now as far as, do you still keep in touch with Big Mike, and if you have have you guys talked about doing another Southern Hydro, or putting a album out or doing something new? A new collaboration or anything?
Six 2:
Yeah, we thought about doing another Southern Hydro. But we gonna cook up something brand new, you know he’s still out there showing out with the boys. Shit he just dropped something a couple months ago. I just need to reach out to him when I’m ready. Matter fact I was gonna try to get him on the Genacide album. But on this album we was kind of like let’s get us out the way right quick. Than we’ll be able to go network with everybody. Let’s show them we back first, than… Cause we knocked out so many songs so quick. To where we was really damn near through. As time went by we were like fuck it down to add a couple to this, and just wrap them on up and put them on out there. After we shoot the visuals.
I2G:
Ok. All right well that’s all the questions I have for you. Appreciate you getting down for the interview. We’ll definitely have to link up with El Dog and get his perspective on Genacide as well. I’m definitely looking forward to it. So we’ll definitely post any new tracks or singles or any information on it on the site. Is there any last words or shout outs you want to get out to the people.
Six 2:
Man, I just want to tell everybody I appreciate y’all for supporting the cause. Supporting Genacide. I appreciate y’all supporting Six Two. I appreciate y’all supporting the local artists that around you or in another city. You know what I mean. Anybody that’s doing their thing. My hat’s off to you. Don’t let nobody tell you it can’t be done. Cause anybody that’s ever wanted to be anything, did it in their mind first.
They kept on going, no matter what people told them. And than one day they was able to tell them look, I do this. There it is. What you think about, you bring about. Stay healthy. I was tore up when I heard about DJ Crazy Toones.
I2G:
Yeah. That was…
Six 2:
To be able to say I was on the same stage as him, and Ice Cube, and Snoop. Every time I think about it I flash back to seeing him up there when they brought Cube down in his ice thing. On the step stool.
I2G:
Yup.
Six 2:
Yeah. I ain’t gonna choke up and trip out and shit but, I want to tell everybody to pray for they family. Tell WC anything I can do, let me know. I’m here. Y’all keep doing your thing, be on the look out for that Genacide album. It’s called Overkill. Be on the lookout for the Next Max Julian Street Music Experience. Go on the Seven Degree page with Genacide. Go onto the Genacide Instagram. Everything Genacide. Google it. Google Mr. Two Face. Shout out to John Doe. He up in Oakland, I just did a couple tracks with him. We uploaded those to soundcloud. One called “No breaks”, it’s one called “In God We Trust”, and “The Hood Prayer”, that’s some of that Max Julian…
I did like 10 of them, in about three days. No it was about four days, five days. Did two fresh boys on top of the album. The Max Julian album. It’s part of my diet and everything man, because for a minute they was saying I had high blood pressure. For a minute I did. Shit. Changed my diet up, started eating healthy. Now I’m back, like a big rubber ball haha.

k1000

Re: Six-2 Interview (Talks New Genacide Album & Upcoming Solo Album
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:18:17 AM »
thanks. not sure if that was interesting though.