Author Topic: Tracks for Death Row Dr Dre Chronic 2  (Read 7520 times)

Don Seer

Re: Tracks for Death Row Dr Dre Chronic 2
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2017, 03:20:23 AM »
but you posted a video which says they stole it from dre? which they didn't

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »

peeps say dre ghost produced it..apparently teddy riley just put touch ups on it, but the version for toss it up was all dre

Okka

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2017, 10:10:49 AM »

According to Tommy D, they did steal it. He was an engineer at Death Row.

dre & ski / split personality is an oddity.. as is puppet master

"Split Personality" was for E-A-Ski's album, but Dre stopped it from coming out if i remember right. "Puppet Master" was always for DJ Muggs' album.

Don Seer

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2017, 01:04:22 PM »

that dude couldnt remember shit! hardly a stand up witness!

and according to danny boy, and other sources, they didnt steal it, just tried to rip it off to piss off dre by making it so people wouldnt want to work with them through fear of association.

for years before this there were reports of teddy riley being pissed off people thought dre did it.. and as the article i linked says, he carried on using that style..

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2017, 01:34:35 PM »

that dude couldnt remember shit! hardly a stand up witness!

and according to danny boy, and other sources, they didnt steal it, just tried to rip it off to piss off dre by making it so people wouldnt want to work with them through fear of association.

for years before this there were reports of teddy riley being pissed off people thought dre did it.. and as the article i linked says, he carried on using that style..

so ur saying they redid the beat for toss it up?

Don Seer

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »

in the dannyboy interview i pasted, he says they purposefully copied it

until now, there's never been any doubt about dre having not produced it.. seems like pac fan bois are inventing stories and has beens on video will say anything  for their 5 mins (or sit there looking dumb not being able to remember shit in the case of tommy d...

Okka

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2017, 02:23:57 PM »
Why would he lie about that though?

Was Been There Done That originally This Heat by Golden State Warriors?

eh?

3 card molly was producted by bud'ha?

yeah, but they also had a song (never released) with the Been There Done That beat called something like This Heat. Just wondering if it was originally for the Golden State Warriors LP?

Was Xzibit fuckin' with Dre back in '96?

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 12:28:00 AM »
He was by 97, dunno bout 96.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Don Seer

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2017, 06:13:19 AM »
Dre would at least have been possibly aware of Xzibit via either:

1. he was probably on the radar as a hot new talent.. especially with aftermath starting looking for acts..

2. king tee was on xzibits first album (released 96), and he was on a bunch of likwit crew related guest spots before then

3. Xzibit was lightly dissed on bomb first from 7 day theory, (as was nas, who dre had already worked with at that point as 'it was written' was released  6 months beforehand)

4. following 2, so was muggs (dre later worked with muggs oin the soul assassins album that came out in early 97)

(so thats two people dre worked with who worked with xzibit earlier)

5. rasassination didn't come out til 98, and along with dre's guesting and crossover with Ghetto Fabuluos and had lot dre/aftermath related producer stu-b-doo

6. again later, but by the release of 40 days and 40 nights 1988 xzibit had worked with ex-DR artist Soopafly, as well as Dre/Aftermath producers Chris The Glove, Bud'ha  and Mel-Man

it was only after this they actually worked together?

7. and of course, the following year dre would produce a snoop song with X on, drop 2001 with him on it, followed by touring with him and exec producing restless..

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 02:38:37 AM by Don Seer »

dj coma

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2017, 12:05:49 PM »

until now, there's never been any doubt about dre having not produced it.. seems like pac fan bois are inventing stories and has beens on video will say anything  for their 5 mins (or sit there looking dumb not being able to remember shit in the case of tommy d...

People aren't inventing anything. There's been conflicting stories for years out there from artists who were involved in these songs. Check this:

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2017, 03:19:17 PM »

People aren't inventing anything. There's been conflicting stories for years out there from artists who were involved in these songs. Check this:

to me, it's obvious dre did the beat

Jay Wallace

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »

peeps say dre ghost produced it..apparently teddy riley just put touch ups on it, but the version for toss it up was all dre

I don't know if he ghost produced it.  The story was Riley bought the beat from Dre and then did his thing with that.  That would still mean Riley produced it. 

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2017, 04:38:09 PM »

I don't know if he ghost produced it.  The story was Riley bought the beat from Dre and then did his thing with that.  That would still mean Riley produced it. 

co-produced at best

Okka

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2017, 11:59:09 PM »

co-produced at best

No, that would mean that Teddy Riley produced the song if Dre just sold the beat to him.

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2017, 12:03:43 AM »

co-produced at best

No, that would mean that Teddy Riley produced the song if Dre just sold the beat to him.

not if it was a complete beat before he sold it, which it was. and I guarantee if Dre is rapping on the track, he did even more to it after giving it to Riley.