Author Topic: Tracks for Death Row Dr Dre Chronic 2  (Read 7517 times)

Okka

Re: Tracks for Death Row Dr Dre Chronic 2
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2017, 12:17:08 AM »
but you posted a video which says they stole it from dre? which they didn't

peeps say dre ghost produced it..apparently teddy riley just put touch ups on it, but the version for toss it up was all dre

I don't know if he ghost produced it.  The story was Riley bought the beat from Dre and then did his thing with that.  That would still mean Riley produced it. 

co-produced at best

No, that would mean that Teddy Riley produced the song if Dre just sold the beat to him.

not if it was a complete beat before he sold it, which it was. and I guarantee if Dre is rapping on the track, he did even more to it after giving it to Riley.

Dre might've produced the beat, but Teddy Riley produced the song if he chose what the song will be about, what is said on the song etc.

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2017, 12:20:06 AM »

peeps say dre ghost produced it..apparently teddy riley just put touch ups on it, but the version for toss it up was all dre

I don't know if he ghost produced it.  The story was Riley bought the beat from Dre and then did his thing with that.  That would still mean Riley produced it. 

co-produced at best

No, that would mean that Teddy Riley produced the song if Dre just sold the beat to him.

not if it was a complete beat before he sold it, which it was. and I guarantee if Dre is rapping on the track, he did even more to it after giving it to Riley.

Dre might've produced the beat, but Teddy Riley produced the song if he chose what the song will be about, what is said on the song etc.

if Dre was involved, I highly doubt he didn't have input on the overall outcome of the song

Okka

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2017, 12:26:22 AM »

co-produced at best

if Dre was involved, I highly doubt he didn't have input on the overall outcome of the song

Yeah, you're right. Dre probably always has the last word on how his own verse sounds.

Okka

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2017, 03:04:50 PM »
He was by 97, dunno bout 96.

Is this why you think there's a song by the Golden State over the "Been There, Done That" beat? I think they just wanted to spit over that beat.