Author Topic: Doggystyle Records is back  (Read 3273 times)

Jay Wallace

Re: Doggystyle Records is back
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »
Ray J was signed as a group with Eastwood, Young Roscoe, & Tri-Star
News to me.  What was the name of this group and do you have any links to prove that they even exist?

Death Row didn't have a shortage of talent with J Valentine, PB (Pretty Boy), U-Gang aka Horseshoe Gang's Jim Gettum & Darren Vegas, Above The Law, Swoop G, Last Circle (Realest's Group with Queenie, VK, Twist, etc.), Terror Twinz, El Dorado, Mac Shawn, SKG, Soopafly, J. Valentine, N.I.N.A, Kurupt, Eastwood, Dre'sta, Unreleased 2Pac, Spider Loc, etc.

You’re mixing and match people who weren’t even on the label at the same time.  Soopafly was long gone by the time that nearly all these other artists were on the label.  Last Circle was never signed to Death Row.  Dre’sta wasn’t either. 

They marketed Pac as an active artist and he was regularly mixed on the artists new albums -- Pac was featured on some of the main artwork, and he was always put on the page as an active artist -- they even clipart him in on some of the second gen artwork.

How they marketed him is irrelevant.  Common logic says that someone who is no longer alive and making music can’t be “active”.  His inclusion on the roster page was as a tribute to him. 

It's really a shame she passed because her and Kurupt would've broke the newer artists and then follow with Crooked I then Eastwood, and throw a Pac album in there and you have a nice stable

It’s extremely unlikely that her presence would have changed the situation.  Death Row wasn’t putting out albums.  She was also have contract issues with Arista that would likely have effected things moving forward.  As it stands, they have still only released one song she ever made from that time period.

Crooked I "Hood Star" dropped years later, and OFTB dropped years later

Those albums dropped years later as “vault material” when the original label had already become defunct.

love33

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 03:15:03 AM »
News to me.  What was the name of this group and do you have any links to prove that they even exist?

I found one link that briefly mentions it:  http://sol-b1.blogspot.com/2007/11/death-row-records.html
I think Kurupt may have been a member of the group also

Ray J recorded tracks with Ja Rule & Sisqo for the label when he was recording with Row artists -- he did like 6 tracks with NINA, and a bunch of stuff with Crooked I & Eastwood

There was also a Leaked Eastwood Mix Tape, that I've never personally heard, and would like to hear:

http://world-g2.blogspot.com/2016/08/eastwood-presents-raggz-to-richez-sma.html

Jay Wallace

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 03:21:57 PM »
A blog from some random fan doesn't qualify as a legit source to me.  A lot of this information is inaccurate.  Also, it says nothing about a group.  It says Kurupt recorded tracks with those people, not they were in a group or even signed to the label.